KISS final concert on PPV this Saturday

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Re: KISS final concert on PPV this Saturday

Post by Mister Freeze »

I wouldn't call that Ticketmaster chart a "ton" of blue dots. Most of them are semi-obstructed to the side of the stage (and possibly released late). MSG will be close to full by showtime.

With that being said, a hyped-up "final" show for an act at that level in their hometown should've been an instant sellout, especially with pockets of extremely stupid fans around the world who'd be dumb enough to fly in for something like this.

It's a clear sign KISS wore out their welcome a long time ago and stayed at the party too long. They've spent five years running every market into the ground. If they weren't "retiring," they'd have to take a few years off before the next tour to build demand back up.

Scab Ace, Scab Peter, Disinterested Gene and Drag Queen Paula. Such a depressing, dull way to wrap up this legacy.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:29 pm
It's a clear sign KISS wore out their welcome a long time ago and stayed at the party too long. They've spent five years running every market into the ground. If they weren't "retiring," they'd have to take a few years off before the next tour to build demand back up.
That was going to be my comment. This fucking thing has droned on for so many years, performing essentially the same set with the same stage and costumes. Aside from those that will miss them, there is nothing new to see here. So, assuming this is the BIG FINALE, it has become such a letdown. I stopped being a fan 20 years ago, but I'm burned out on them simply from the abundance of threads and YT clips.
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

I was going to pick up a ticket this afternoon. Instead, I’ll stay home and watch the pay per view.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I was not going to pick up a ticket this afternoon. Instead, I’ll go out and not watch the pay per view.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Now that I think about it, having Bruce Kulick and his band open these last two shows was such an obvious move to make.

An easy way to give the fans something special and celebrate the legacy without Gene or Paul having to do anything extra. And they get to thank Bruce without the awkwardness of him coming on stage to jam with four guys in makeup.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
SikSyko
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by SikSyko »

When the tickets went on sale for the "final" show I came close to getting one. Have the points to get the flight for free and had a friends place that I could of stayed with for free. then I smartened up and said fuck it, that will not be the last show. Did not even get a ticket for the show here in Ottawa which was a good thing after all.

And no, I'm not getting the PPV.
Last edited by SikSyko on Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterSinister
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by MisterSinister »

I’m so happy I bit the bullet/pulled the trigger and bought tickets to see them when they did their final show in my nearest “big” city. It was an incredible time. Just the greatest party for a KISS fan.

There hasn’t been a day for the last 47 years that I haven’t listened to, watched, or read about SOMETHING KISS related. I’m watching and listening to the DVD commentary track from the 1998 Psycho Circus tour Dodger Stadium show right now in fact. KISS might not have been “the best” band, but they have been and will forever be my FAVORITE band! Thank you to every member of KISS who ever got on that stage or played on those records or wrote those tunes! Without you all, my life would be much less full!
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

Post by the_man_incognito »

I'm watching the pay-per-view right now. I thought I'd get it for nostalgic reasons since I've been a fan since I was 7 years old in 77. I don't know if it's the broadcast but it doesn't sound like they're having a good show. It's like they're fighting the drum beat... like it's off time or something I can't put my finger on it...
Oh yeah and Gene messed up the first verse of Deuce... he sang the first two lines correctly but then sang part of the second verse..whoops...
OnWithTheShow
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by OnWithTheShow »

Also sounds like Paul's tape machine said fuck it and retired before the show. His vocals are horrible
nosell

Post by nosell »

Some people saying the ppv is night 1. Can anyone confirm? It would be a total FU to fans if true.
xanadu
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by xanadu »

nosell wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:36 pm Some people saying the ppv is night 1. Can anyone confirm? It would be a total FU to fans if true.
There are videos being uploaded as we speak.Not a chance they would do that
Quick to judge.Quick to anger.Slow to understand.
OnWithTheShow
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by OnWithTheShow »

Its live, PPV.com wouldnt promote it as live if it wasn't
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

nosell wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:36 pm Some people saying the ppv is night 1. Can anyone confirm? It would be a total FU to fans if true.
Find a video from Deuce from the first night and see if Gene fucked up the lyrics of the first verse...
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

I tried to watch the livestream but Paul wouldn’t stop talking.
SikSyko

Post by SikSyko »

Watching a bunch of videos from tonight and can hear Paul's vocals when he is no where a mic.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

How is $40 for the PPV so much better than just watching this for free?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n1GO7U68Yg

Pauls' 5 minutes of gabbing and screaming LEMMEE HEAH YUH!! after playing 2 songs in just insufferable. Had to turn it off.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

NeonKnite wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:25 am Day of show at 2:25pm and TONS of blue dots. This line-up can't even sell out their big last ever hometown show. Embarrassing.

Those blue dots were all released day of the show. Obstructed view seats, and platinum or VIP experience seats that were unsold and converted to standard admission. The show was “officially” sold out the day it went on sale.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

WOLF wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:19 am
NeonKnite wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:25 am Day of show at 2:25pm and TONS of blue dots. This line-up can't even sell out their big last ever hometown show. Embarrassing.

Those blue dots were all released day of the show. Obstructed view seats, and platinum or VIP experience seats that were unsold and converted to standard admission. The show was “officially” sold out the day it went on sale.
"The show was “officially” sold out the day it went on sale." Expect for the Obstructed view seats, and platinum or VIP experience seats that were unsold.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Who wants to see those 2 scab players? They are about as interesting as some random nonentity youd pass in the street.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

the whole thing could have been so much cooler if they stepped outside their box and did something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ADg-m8eY8U

Maybe 1st night is the typical show with Tommy/Eric - last 'KISS concert' as we know it. 2nd night is like a celebration of the entire history bringing up special guests to jam - could have been so cool. Opening act is more like a video montage of classic clips from the past, etc.

LOSERS!
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

EatTheGlass wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:55 am the whole thing could have been so much cooler if they stepped outside their box and did something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ADg-m8eY8U

Maybe 1st night is the typical show with Tommy/Eric - last 'KISS concert' as we know it. 2nd night is like a celebration of the entire history bringing up special guests to jam - could have been so cool. Opening act is more like a video montage of classic clips from the past, etc.

LOSERS!
Its all designed to extract the maximum profit for themselves. They will open an only fans site next and ask fans to pay their heating bills.
EddiesCancerTongue
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddiesCancerTongue »

Tommy was at least a half beat behind the rest of the band. It boggles my mind that for this multi-million dollar show they don't have someone monitoring the sound board and getting that shit fixed FAST. But it went on all night. It very much dragged down the tempo of all the songs. Especially stuff like "Dr. Love" with that great starting chords that were muddied up by Thayer. And I mean, really - you're playing ACE's solo's and you can't get them right and they come out boring?!! WTF! Thayer truly gets the "Almost as bad as CC Deville" award for his performance last night. To be fair, he was good in the interviews and seemed like a nice guy.

They interviewed the kids and Nick and Sophie came off great, Paul's kid was dressed for the stage but still looked ghey.

They were crowing about the "New ERA of KISS." AI generated versions of themselves? BassMaster1984 said, "Nobody's gonna give a shit about that!"
Metal! wrote:I know you don't mean that. You are just being Sludgy.
Out of the Cellar wrote:Listening to Jeff Beck makes you wanna look at your fingers and say, "fuck you".
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

MISS bragged about last show was going be at Mets home stadium..what happened?
Mets stadium that’s Rammstein gig
bye Miss ⚰️

Motley last LA show at Sofi stadium with original 4 was fun
Didn’t even need Amber Wild help
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

Mister Freeze wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:11 am
Grand Classic wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:43 pm yeah especially when Paula sang a duet with himself during Love Gun because they forgot to mute the live mic and had the track running at the same time

https://youtu.be/iKIYygFEuxE?si=kmKU3_h5UbokLaPj

And why did he fly out to get close to the audience when there was no audience there? Makes no friggin sense

I suppose he got closer to the "fans" watching from hotel balconies, but jesus christ, that old fruit babbled on for more than two minutes before the song started. He sounds like Debbie Reynolds trying to work a Vegas showroom.
The number of times he said, “How many of you people want me to come out there?” makes me wonder if he’s finally gonna come out.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

I wanna know what technology they are using because you honestly can’t tell Paul is lip-synching but you know he is most of show … it’s impressive. You think he’s lip-syncing but he can stop a lyric/verse whenever he wants and the vocals stop.

Paul has never been good at lip-synching until this tour.

Bon Jovi should use it.
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

fuck KISS.
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

EddiesCancerTongue wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:01 am Tommy was at least a half beat behind the rest of the band. It boggles my mind that for this multi-million dollar show they don't have someone monitoring the sound board and getting that shit fixed FAST. But it went on all night. It very much dragged down the tempo of all the songs. Especially stuff like "Dr. Love" with that great starting chords that were muddied up by Thayer. And I mean, really - you're playing ACE's solo's and you can't get them right and they come out boring?!! WTF! Thayer truly gets the "Almost as bad as CC Deville" award for his performance last night. To be fair, he was good in the interviews and seemed like a nice guy.

They interviewed the kids and Nick and Sophie came off great, Paul's kid was dressed for the stage but still looked ghey.

They were crowing about the "New ERA of KISS." AI generated versions of themselves? BassMaster1984 said, "Nobody's gonna give a shit about that!"
That was exactly my post earlier when I was watching it...it was like they were fighting the drums on every song...as a musician, it was uncomfortable to listen to...
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:48 pm Now that I think about it, having Bruce Kulick and his band open these last two shows was such an obvious move to make.

An easy way to give the fans something special and celebrate the legacy without Gene or Paul having to do anything extra. And they get to thank Bruce without the awkwardness of him coming on stage to jam with four guys in makeup.
100%.

Plus the Bruce set lists are actually good and varied.

I had no interest in paying for this PPV. Knew it would be the same show.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

They did Shock Me during rehearsal a few weeks ago and even Paul apologized when it was over and said it was horrible .. he was talking about “no pocket” … he asked Thayer who’s fault it was and Thayer pointed to Singer.

The drums on all those rehearsal songs were off to me.
Grand Classic
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Grand Classic »

Beth is cut out of the PPV replays because they didn’t want to pay for the rights!