My KISS Odyssey: A Tale of Italian Fandom

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Roland Rockover
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Roland Rockover »

I. Prologue: A World Touched by Rock and Roll.
In the vibrant tapestry of 1980s Italy, where musical notes painted the air, a young Italian soul stumbled upon the sonic revolution of KISS. Little did he know, this encounter would spark a journey through time and rock that would last a lifetime.

II. Part One: A Kiss from the Unknown

It all began in 1980, a year etched in neon hues. With curiosity as their guide, our protagonist discovered the enigmatic allure of KISS. The explosive blend of hard rock riffs and flamboyant stage presence cast a spell, forever altering the course of the fan's musical voyage.

III. Part Two: The Spellbinding Encounter

As vinyl spun tales of love, rebellion, and cosmic fantasies, KISS became more than a band—it was an escape. The makeup-clad personas of Gene, Paul, Ace, and Eric transformed the mundane into a realm of unbridled imagination, leaving an indelible mark on the Italian fan's soul.

IV. Part Three: Rocking Through the Ages

Through the flux of life, KISS stood unwavering. The '80s unfolded with anthems like "Lick It Up," evolving the band's sound while preserving the core essence. The Italian fan sailed through the tide of change, finding solace in KISS's ever-evolving musical landscape.

V. Part Four: Unleashing the Beast - Live Experiences

The concert arena, a sacred space where fans congregated like disciples. The Italian fan, amidst a sea of painted faces, felt the pulsating energy of KISS live. Pyrotechnics painted the sky as the sonic wave enveloped, forging an unspoken communion between band and devotee.

VI. Part Five: Makeup and Identity

Beyond the stage, KISS became intertwined with the fan's identity. The makeup, once a theatrical facade, evolved into a symbol of empowerment. The Italian fan found strength and courage in the face of life's challenges, inspired by the resilience of their musical idols.

VII. Part Six: Echoes of Collectibles

Memorabilia became relics of devotion—a signed poster, a cherished ticket stub. Each piece whispered stories of concerts attended and dreams fulfilled. The Italian fan, a custodian of these treasures, curated a shrine to the timeless saga of KISS.

VIII. Part Seven: Winds of Change

The band's lineup shifted, notes resonated in new frequencies, but the Italian fan navigated the metamorphosis with unwavering loyalty. KISS evolved, yet the connection endured, a testament to the enduring power of music in shaping lives.

IX. Part Eight: Passing the Torch

As years marched forward, the Italian fan pondered introducing the next generation to the sonic magic of KISS. In family gatherings, the torch of fandom passed, ensuring the legacy echoed through the corridors of time.

X. Epilogue: The Eternal Encore

In the twilight of their KISS odyssey, our Italian protagonist reflected on a journey that transcended music—it was a kaleidoscope of memories, resilience, and the enduring spirit of rock and roll. The echoes of "I Was Made for Lovin' You" lingered, a timeless anthem that encapsulated a lifetime of love for KISS.

This narrative weaves the tale of an Italian soul entwined with the sonic fabric of KISS, a journey where music wasn't merely heard but lived.

COMING 2024.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: My KISS Odyssey: A Tale of Italian Fandom

Post by Wild Obsession »

More like "Odyssey of Lame".
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

2024: A Shite Odyssey
ImageImage
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

Kiss are SHITE in any language. Boyo
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Why do all the banned KISSFAQERS end up here?
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Wild Obsession wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:08 pm More like "Odyssey of Lame".
Or adventures of the mindless
The power of Sludge compels you.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

What the shit was that?
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:43 pm What the shit was that?
A guy from the Freewheeler Forum! So…banned from kissfaq
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Is that the board setup by the guy who got banned from KISSonline and Brandvold called his work and tried to get him fired from his job for being funny about KISS?
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:56 pm Is that the board setup by the guy who got banned from KISSonline and Brandvold called his work and tried to get him fired from his job for being funny about KISS?
I know it was setup by a banned Kissfaq member. Not sure about the Brandvolt stuff.

Brandvolt may be the worst “music” YouTuber there is. Love how his 1.5 hour vids barely get 2k views. Fuck that guy!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

The only bigger failure as a music personality wannabe is that guy Mitch Lafon. Been doing weekly shows for a decade plus and still has absolutely zero foothold and barely gets a thousand views on anything, even gets hardly any when he somehow finagles a big name guest on the “show”. It’s absolutely remarkable.

These guys aren’t journalists in any capacity, they’re fans with a YouTube channel.
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

I don't get it? Only skimmed a few lines though, seemed stupid
Roland Rockover
Wannabe Rocker

AJL wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:48 am I don't get it? Only skimmed a few lines though, seemed stupid
You know, I've always believed in myself and my passion for KISS. I've been a die-hard fan for years, and that connection runs deep. But guess what? Recently, I got banned from the KISSFAQ bulletin board. Apparently, my enthusiasm was too much for them.

But you know what? That won't stop me. I'm determined to channel this energy into something positive. I'm working on a book about KISS fandom that will touch people all around the world, not just Italian fans but fans from every nation. It's like a tribute to the band that's been the soundtrack of my life. And no ban is going to stand in my way.

Sure, the road to publishing might have a few detours, but the essence of being a true KISS fan is resilience. It's about rising above the challenges, just like the band itself. I'm not letting a ban on a forum of low IQ individuals and fairweather KISS fans hinder my creative expression. This book is happening, and it's going to be legendary, just like KISS.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Roland Rockover wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:21 am I'm not letting a ban on a forum of low IQ KISS fans hinder my creative expression. This book is happening, and it's going to be legendary, just like KISS.
A) your statement assumes that Kiss has high-IQ fans. I've not seen any in the years I've been reading this site. Your post continues that situation.

B) by god you're delusional! If you put all your money in a bag and threw it into the sea it would have more of an effect on the planet than this "legendary" book that you're going to spend it on instead.
Roland Rockover
Wannabe Rocker

GoodJudge wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:28 am
Roland Rockover wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:21 am I'm not letting a ban on a forum of low IQ KISS fans hinder my creative expression. This book is happening, and it's going to be legendary, just like KISS.
A) your statement assumes that Kiss has high-IQ fans. I've not seen any in the years I've been reading this site. Your post continues that situation.

B) by god you're delusional! If you put all your money in a bag and threw it into the sea it would have more of an effect on the planet than this "legendary" book that you're going to spend it on instead.
A) Well, intelligence comes in various forms, and being a KISS fan isn't about IQ. It's about passion, connection, and the shared love for the music. Everyone's welcome in the KISS army, regardless of their IQ.

B) Hey, I get it – not everyone sees the value in a KISS fandom book. But to me, it's more than money. It's about preserving memories, celebrating a lifelong connection, and creating something meaningful. Can't put a price on that.
Shredderpete

Post by Shredderpete »

That sounds like something someone would demand to be published before he’ll let some hostages go.
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

Roland Rockover wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:21 am
AJL wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:48 am I don't get it? Only skimmed a few lines though, seemed stupid
You know, I've always believed in myself and my passion for KISS. I've been a die-hard fan for years, and that connection runs deep. But guess what? Recently, I got banned from the KISSFAQ bulletin board. Apparently, my enthusiasm was too much for them.

But you know what? That won't stop me. I'm determined to channel this energy into something positive. I'm working on a book about KISS fandom that will touch people all around the world, not just Italian fans but fans from every nation. It's like a tribute to the band that's been the soundtrack of my life. And no ban is going to stand in my way.

Sure, the road to publishing might have a few detours, but the essence of being a true KISS fan is resilience. It's about rising above the challenges, just like the band itself. I'm not letting a ban on a forum of low IQ individuals and fairweather KISS fans hinder my creative expression. This book is happening, and it's going to be legendary, just like KISS.
Hey man, you do you, make that legendary passion project!
But a word a caution: Maybe don't invest too much money into it, and if you haven't written/made/marketed books before, know that it takes a lot more work that most people imagine, and a LOT of it is not very fun.