“Into The Void With Ace Frehley” audiobook

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

“Into The Void With Ace Frehley” audiobook

Post by BernieTaupson »

Yeah it’s a bot but this is a hilarious book and it’s been out of print for years, really hard to get. This was Frehley’s girlfriend during his final years in KISS early 2000s. Much Sludge is spilt including the infamous remote control vibrating egg up Ace’s ass.

https://youtu.be/Fc1iM9WzPW8?si=1VZtMDGk5qK4WN64
Stinky McFister
Recording Debut Album

Re: “Into The Void With Ace Frehley” audiobook

Post by Stinky McFister »

Cool. thanks for this.

Ace has an illigitmate daughter! Paid off the mom and has never seen the kid. Whoa :shock:
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Stinky McFister wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:11 pm Cool. thanks for this.

Ace has an illigitmate daughter! Paid off the mom and has never seen the kid. Whoa :shock:
So banging chicks young enough to be your daughter is a dangerous game, then.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

I still have this book, but the dog gnawed off one corner, so the pages are kinda hard to open.
Blows my mind that I only had that dog till late '05. Maybe I should read it again.

"old man" ace in that book was younger then than I am now.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Stinky McFister
Recording Debut Album

Finished the audio book. If Ace is half the human this "lady" describes, then he's quite a bag of scum.

In addition, if he's done half the drugs she says he did, then I'm surprised he's still alive. I had thought he waas mostly a boozer but she makes it sound like he was more on the Ozzy level of consuming coke and pills.

Has anyone posted the recent interview he did with Trunk? That, and recent show vids posted online make me think he's no longer sober (if he ever was, Ms Moore says he was quite the liar)....
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Stinky McFister wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:21 am Finished the audio book. If Ace is half the human this "lady" describes, then he's quite a bag of scum.

In addition, if he's done half the drugs she says he did, then I'm surprised he's still alive. I had thought he waas mostly a boozer but she makes it sound like he was more on the Ozzy level of consuming coke and pills.

Has anyone posted the recent interview he did with Trunk? That, and recent show vids posted online make me think he's no longer sober (if he ever was, Ms Moore says he was quite the liar)....
She was a real piece of work too. Paul may be an asshole, but he really sized her up instantly.

Can you imagine her annoying you constantly about her terrible band, and if you could help her make it?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Nibbler
Forming a Band

Post by Nibbler »

Ace is trash thanks for posting!
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Stinky McFister wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:21 am Finished the audio book. If Ace is half the human this "lady" describes, then he's quite a bag of scum.

Ace was on the H also. Ozzy was on every drug. According to Ozzy, the heaviest drug user by far was Pete Way from UFO. Ozzy said he wasnt in his league.
lemmyswart2
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by lemmyswart2 »

Just finished the audio book. As a hardcore Ace nutswinger I can say he is a grade A douche bag. It really is a shame he just fucked his life up so bad. Most of us here would give anything to have that level of success and be grateful. I saw him at Hair Metal Holiday in I think 2017 in San Antonio. He was so fucked up it was embarrassing. He came out and was about 2ft from the microphone singing all lathargic . A roady came out and moved him to the Mic. Halfway through he went behind the amps im guessing to do a line and came out like fucking Superman.
Now he has blown all his money and has to tour while Gene n Paul retire in Style. He talks shit but if he wants to blame anyone he just needs to look in the mirror.
Rachael Gordon may be crazy but I think he dumped her cuz she got on his ass for falling off the wagon and not enabling him. Anonomoly was a Good record as was the live tour. I saw that in HOB Orlando. Everything else after has been Shit. JMHO
LW2
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Just started listening to this. I'm about four chapters in. I like that it gets straight to the point. Almost like a social media post more than a book.

It covers a relatively under-reported era of KISS in the late '90s/Psycho Circus era. Funny that Eric Singer was still so deep in the circle - and gravitated towards Mr. Druggie Ace Frehley, of all people, on a social level.

This is what he looked like around that time. He was smart enough to stay on their radar... and ready to slather on some Catman makeup at a moment's notice.

The A.I. narration doesn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would. Funny to hear T-Rex pronounced as "tear-ex".
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Stinky McFister
Recording Debut Album

All great points. ES is painted as quite the prick. He always seemed to have a clean image in my eyes. I could toally see him with the Napoleon complex tho'. And him hanging with Ace was a surprise to me as well.

To those who have heard/read the Gordon Gabert (or whatever his name is) book, does it reinforce the interpretations of Ace in this chicks book?

quote="Mister Freeze" post_id=7754990 time=1703434162 user_id=45191]
Just started listening to this. I'm about four chapters in. I like that it gets straight to the point. Almost like a social media post more than a book.

It covers a relatively under-reported era of KISS in the late '90s/Psycho Circus era. Funny that Eric Singer was still so deep in the circle - and gravitated towards Mr. Druggie Ace Frehley, of all people, on a social level.

This is what he looked like around that time. He was smart enough to stay on their radar... and ready to slather on some Catman makeup at a moment's notice.

The A.I. narration doesn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would. Funny to hear T-Rex pronounced as "tear-ex".

[/quote]
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

maninblack wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:14 am According to Ozzy, the heaviest drug user by far was Pete Way from UFO. Ozzy said he wasnt in his league.
That has to mean something. Way did a short tour with Ozzy in 1982 so he should know - if he was conscious himself enough to remember that tour.

As for Ace, my buddy met him in Copenhagen in 95 and he was stoned out of hus mind, struggling to sign his name. I met him in Oslo a day or two later and he seemed more hung over. Didn't interact at all with fans but at least everyone got a couple of nice autographs.
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

Love_Industry wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:28 am
maninblack wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:14 am According to Ozzy, the heaviest drug user by far was Pete Way from UFO. Ozzy said he wasnt in his league.
That has to mean something. Way did a short tour with Ozzy in 1982 so he should know - if he was conscious himself enough to remember that tour.

As for Ace, my buddy met him in Copenhagen in 95 and he was stoned out of hus mind, struggling to sign his name. I met him in Oslo a day or two later and he seemed more hung over. Didn't interact at all with fans but at least everyone got a couple of nice autographs.
I was in Copenhagen.
He was supposed to play some songs with a cover band but could not make it (he could hardly stand up) so he ended up sitting on a chair for a Q&A instead. He said he was done with drugs and drinking. That made the audience laugh and was probably the highlight of the evening.
He had to be led to the signing session table by a body guard since he couldn’t walk straight by himself… A couple of weeks later he got a call from someone from the Kiss corp. regarding the reunion.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

… and then the drug taking could really begin!
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Ace seems to be one of the least likeable rock stars. All have their sides, but is there anything good about Ace the person? Nobody seems to like him other than as a musician (or spaceman...) and he doesn't seem to have any friends, just a long trail of Kisstards and sluts whom he hung out with and used, and/or drug buddies. He seems to care about his daughter but just barely.

I know I have slagged off Mick Mars and Peter Criss but I'd rather spend a year with both of them than a month with Ace. At least I wouldn't have to clean up after them.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Love_Industry wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:18 am
Ace seems to be one of the least likeable rock stars. All have their sides, but is there anything good about Ace the person? Nobody seems to like him other than as a musician (or spaceman...) and he doesn't seem to have any friends, just a long trail of Kisstards and sluts whom he hung out with and used, and/or drug buddies. He seems to care about his daughter but just barely.

I know I have slagged off Mick Mars and Peter Criss but I'd rather spend a year with both of them than a month with Ace. At least I wouldn't have to clean up after them.
Yeah, he seems to be the most entitled, rude and uninterested in anyone rock star I have ever seen.
But, Bill Aucoin and also Gene insisted he was the sweetest guy in the world who would give you the shirt off his back.
I never saw any evidence of that though, not in concert, not on TV and not in person.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:49 am
But, Bill Aucoin and also Gene insisted he was the sweetest guy in the world who would give you the shirt off his back.
I never saw any evidence of that though, not in concert, not on TV and not in person.
Just like I have never seen any evidence of his genius IQ. Maybe someone did a Matthew Trippe and the real Ace was replaced around 77-78? Even his face looks different than in early unmasked photos 😀
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

As much as I was in awe of the band when I learned of them in fifth grade, Ace was a "right place, right time" situation. He came in a raw, gun-slinger and never improved. 50 years later, and he's far worse than 1973.
john3232
Headlining Clubs

Post by john3232 »

I read the book when it came out. I thought it was o.k. but the author was delusional. It was apparent Ace didn't think much about her yet she kept thinking there was something more.
"Chinese Democracy is one of the most anticipated albums OF ALL TIME"
Brownstone658
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

john3232 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:26 am I read the book when it came out. I thought it was o.k. but the author was delusional. It was apparent Ace didn't think much about her
Ace doesn't think much of anyone it seems. Or think much at all.
endstand

Post by endstand »

TooOldToCare wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:34 am As much as I was in awe of the band when I learned of them in fifth grade, Ace was a "right place, right time" situation. He came in a raw, gun-slinger and never improved. 50 years later, and he's far worse than 1973.
Agree.

Although I definitely think that all four original members, Ace included were really focused for the first few years. He was an important part of it all.

But it is really crazy to think how fast KISS actually made a breakthrough. Consider the fact that they played their first club shows 1973 and less than two years later they already headlined arenas. And Ace was already all over the place by then.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

"Fast"? They were nearly broke by Alive! If that wasn't a hit, Casablanca would've dropped them.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
john3232
Headlining Clubs

Post by john3232 »

Love_Industry wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:40 am
john3232 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:26 am I read the book when it came out. I thought it was o.k. but the author was delusional. It was apparent Ace didn't think much about her
Ace doesn't think much of anyone it seems. Or think much at all.
Well, according to the author he cares a lot about his daughter. However, little the author wrote suggests Ace had any interest in her other than as a personal assistant and fuck buddy.

As far as Ace not thinking... the author mentions Ace being constantly fucked up.
"Chinese Democracy is one of the most anticipated albums OF ALL TIME"
Brownstone658
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:16 am "Fast"? They were nearly broke by Alive! If that wasn't a hit, Casablanca would've dropped them.
Give it a rest. He said from first gig in 73 by late 75 their headlining and have a hit album. Is that not fast enough?
endstand

Post by endstand »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:16 am "Fast"? They were nearly broke by Alive! If that wasn't a hit, Casablanca would've dropped them.
The debut came out in Feb 1974 and Alive! in September 1975 and although it did not start to sell instantly, at that time they had already (obviously) sold out arenas like Cobo Hall.

So from the clubs to arena headliner in that timeframe – it’s fast.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

They weren't really full-fledged headliners by then tho - Aucoin put up $300k of his own cash to finance a tour so that they'd have gigs to record for Alive! Casablanca was so strapped that they couldn't pay a producer for DtK and had defaulted on royalty payments, so there was no money for tour support. They took a gamble and won.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

If "Alive" hadn't been successful, Casablanca Records would have folded.