stones setlist question

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

thunderdan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

stones setlist question

Post by thunderdan »

why don't they play "beast of burden"? huge song. i know "brown sugar" got dropped for stupid "cancel culture"
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: stones setlist question

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

They're old... for the last 10 years or so they've stuck to the warehouses. Probably hard for Brenda to hit the falsetto parts now too.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

They play occasionally. They played it a few times last year.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I think its relegated to the vote songs, where in each city fans get to vote for one of four songs they'll play. And it gets rotated in and out of the four...
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

thunderdan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:04 am why don't they play "beast of burden"? huge song. i know "brown sugar" got dropped for stupid "cancel culture"
I saw them play it last tour, SoFi Stadium night 2 to be exact, but they ain't going to play ten ballads in a show either. It also mostly sounds terrible the way they play it now.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

ijwthstd wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:37 am
thunderdan wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:04 am why don't they play "beast of burden"? huge song. i know "brown sugar" got dropped for stupid "cancel culture"
I saw them play it last tour, SoFi Stadium night 2 to be exact, but they ain't going to play ten ballads in a show either. It also mostly sounds terrible the way they play it now.
Can't you say that about most of the set? :P
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:46 am
Not since they stopped playing Brown Sugar. Now drop or fix Satisfaction and Sympathy For The Devil.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Ozzy Stradlin
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:46 am
They sure sounded good when I saw them in 2019.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-roll ... e4061.html
CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by CrankerBait »

I remember seeing the Stones in '89 and '94, when they played about 27 and 24 songs respectively. Not sure I'd be up to seeing them 30 years later when they only manage about 18 songs.