MUSIC CHALLENGE ... Ace Frehley "10,000 Volts" Vs: Sebastian Bach "What Do I Got To Lose (Besides This Gut)"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

MUSIC CHALLENGE ... Ace Frehley "10,000 Volts" Vs: Sebastian Bach "What Do I Got To Lose (Besides This Gut)"

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

In my eyes, the Ace song is better in all aspects, including the video.

Ace clocks in single and radio ready at 3:25

Bach's video is 5:18, which includes 2 minutes of horrible acting and garbage time galore.

Should have used more of the wife, and less of the clowns!

ACE > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhRqVUs523Y

BACH > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wRLuG7tahc

Feel free to vote and comment accordingly!

Ready, Set, Sludge...

$ludge
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Re: NEW MUSIC CHALLENGE ... Ace Frehley "10,000 Volts" Vs: Sebastian Bach "What Do I Got To Lose"

Post by gtshark1 »

Guess we are voting by response since there's no poll...

The Bach tune is real good. The Ace song is catchy as hell and just a bit better in my book.

1 for Ace
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: NEW MUSIC CHALLENGE ... Ace Frehley "10,000 Volts" Vs: Sebastian Bach "What Do I Got To Lose"

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Can’t stand Bach, but that’s a pretty good song.
Aces is good too.
I declare a tie
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

It's amazing that this is an actual conversation in 2023, and both these idiots managed to put out a slammin tune.
Both songs are way better than they have a right to be.

If the video is a factor, then Ace, but for the song alone, Bach wins a close one.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

I think we’re all winners here, but my vote goes to Sebastian. His is a song I might actually play once in a while, the video is fun, and it was great to see Rob again.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Sebastian.
The video is much more entertaining.
Song is better, too. sounds a bit like ‘monkey business’ in places.

CEO, your bias ain’t doing you no favors
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

DangerZone wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:28 pm
CEO, your bias ain’t doing you no favors
I think he just likes to poke the bear.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

bach's song >> 10 kV
RockinRonRobin
Music Fan

Post by RockinRonRobin »

I'm in agreement. Surprised by how much I enjoyed the Baz tune. Really had no expectations, but it reslly worked hor me!

That being said, I don't see myself choosing to go and play it regulary and it's the kinda case where I wish MTV was still around cause them feeding me the video regularly would have made me hear it more often and it eould have really stuck. Cool tune just like the Ace tune!
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Bach tune is very good, definately like that better
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

I'm a diehard KISS nerd and this is the first Ace song in a while that I liked. However, the Sebastian song is way better. The video is cool too.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Skid is probably pissed. Bach actually came out with a tune MUCH better than anything off the new SR release.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Bach
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Oh, for fuck's sake. Bach by a million miles. I think Bach's a cunt too, but come on. That Ace song was mediocre at best, and if it wasn't the moon man from Grease Paint Wiggles in it, it wouldn't even be that. You think I want to like anything from Bach? I assure you, I do not. But you've got to give credit where credit is due.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Doyle Hargraves

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Bach's release is great! Sounds great. Catchy as hell. He wins for the guitar solo alone. Dont know who's in either band, but broken fingers Frehley is embarassing thats all they could coax out of him in the studio. Ace song is pretty decent. Feels very pieced together where Bach's rocks.
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

The Ace song is good, but I think the Baz song is slightly better.

As far as the video goes, I give it to Baz.

I'll take goofy acting over a guy that does not move a single step in his entire video. It's like watching my grandmother wearing a guitar.
whiteowl yesterday

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

bach
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
oakley0829
Playing in a Garage

Post by oakley0829 »

Bach & it ain't even close! That Ace song has the potential for WORST song of the year.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

Both songs are tasty in their own place. Ace is Ace. Sort of like Dio that sang about rainbows all the time, Ace sings about space and electricity. Both videos are cool. I like Bach more because we now live in a cancel culture and he had the balls to put a sexy older lady in a bikini in it sultry washing a car like in the 80's when no one was jumping over a fence in anger about it. Like his song title reads "What Do I got to Lose"...
both winners.
Last edited by keyofgee on Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

It's like comparing cat shit (Bach) and dog shit (Ace). They both smell, but I think cat shit (Bach) is easier to clean up. Dog shit (Ace) is outside and takes more effort to deal with.
StateOfShock
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by StateOfShock »

Both are solid rock songs. Gotta give Bach the edge though.
Darkmist
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darkmist »

Both not something I like.

But I do prefer Sebastians song more.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Not even close, the Bach tune is actually a good song, well produced, chorus is hooky as hell.

The Ace song is just the same shit he’s done on the last four albums, with slightly better production. The lead single from Space Invader, Gimme A Feelin’ was just as good, if not better.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I think Bach is falling behind...

It appears Ace Frehley's "10,000 Volts" has surpassed the 1,000,000 views mark on Youtube... congrats Ace. (Debuted Nov. 28th 2023)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhRqVUs523Y

Bach's "What Do I Got To Lose" (Besides This Gut) is dragging in at 860,000 views on Youtube. (Debuted Dec. 7th 2023)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wRLuG7tahc

I know Ace dropped his track about a week earlier than Bach dropped his... but I think it's a forgone conclusion, we have a winner!

Like Rock beats Scissors, Kiss beats Skid Row... in the end... Ace's song is superior... I said it from the jump.

$ludge
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Re: MUSIC CHALLENGE ... Ace Frehley "10,000 Volts" Vs: Sebastian Bach "What Do I Got To Lose (Besides This Gut)"

Post by uwec95 »

Bach by a mile. It's a great song. While the lyrics to Bach's song are certainly not Dylanesque, the Frehley song sounds like it was written for a middle school talent show.
Brainy Lane
Recording Debut Album

Re: MUSIC CHALLENGE ... Ace Frehley "10,000 Volts" Vs: Sebastian Bach "What Do I Got To Lose (Besides This Gut)"

Post by Brainy Lane »

Bach’s song is better
BiggusDickus
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by BiggusDickus »

Ace, but it's not so much better than Sebastian's. Both regular songs.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

I liked bach's well enough on first listen. But not enough to bother playing it again.

Ace's song was decent on the first listen but kept me coming back for more and now I really like it.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Both remind me of Spinal Tap.

Bach’s song is better and the fact that the hot chick in the video is his wife gives him added points. So Bach wins this one.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

how the fuck does more views of a video make it a better song than another which may not have been seen by the same people?

they both have 30k likes. that gives the edge to bach

judging by the people voting on this tread, bach has the song/video that is prefered by more people.

math, just like growing hair, ain't your thing. :lol: