ZP THEART

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Kerry67
Recording Debut Album

ZP THEART

Post by Kerry67 »

Has this guy said anything about his dismissal from Skid Row? If he has, I haven't seen it. Would like to know what his side of the story was/is. I saw them a month or so before he was let go and everything seemed ok...Clearly it wasn't though.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: ZP THEART

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

I heard that he couldn't remember the lyrics to The Theart.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Kerry67 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:28 am Has this guy said anything about his dismissal from Skid Row? If he has, I haven't seen it. Would like to know what his side of the story was/is. I saw them a month or so before he was let go and everything seemed ok...Clearly it wasn't though.
Well, Dragonforce gave him the heave-ho too, just as they had started with that Guitar Hero momentum, so maybe he's a pain in the ass to work with?
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:21 am
Kerry67 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:28 am Has this guy said anything about his dismissal from Skid Row? If he has, I haven't seen it. Would like to know what his side of the story was/is. I saw them a month or so before he was let go and everything seemed ok...Clearly it wasn't though.
Well, Dragonforce gave him the heave-ho too, just as they had started with that Guitar Hero momentum, so maybe he's a pain in the ass to work with?
The fact that he insisted on operating under such a clumsy-to-pronounce name should have been a red flag that he’s a pain in the ass.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Rachel gave the reason that his voice was not fitting the new material.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Einstein Lawless wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:40 am The fact that he insisted on operating under such a clumsy-to-pronounce name should have been a red flag that he’s a pain in the ass.
Herman from Dragonforce called him "Zippy". I expect he's got some weird Afrikaans first name that he hates and/or is even more difficult to pronounce.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

He was a rent-a-singer and the job came to an end. No drama involved - if he runs his mouth it would hurt his chance at landing another rent-a-singer gig.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:01 am
Einstein Lawless wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:40 am The fact that he insisted on operating under such a clumsy-to-pronounce name should have been a red flag that he’s a pain in the ass.
Herman from Dragonforce called him "Zippy". I expect he's got some weird Afrikaans first name that he hates and/or is even more difficult to pronounce.
Zachery Paul De Villiers Theart - he kept the difficult part. Is it like "Peart" but with a T?
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Love_Industry wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:53 pm
GoodJudge wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:01 am
Zachery Paul De Villiers Theart - he kept the difficult part. Is it like "Peart" but with a T?
I believe it’s “Fart” butt with a TH
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

ZP (and before him Solinger) didn't have the vocal power/range to cover the bands back catalog, and also onfirmed that the band has zero personality without an over the top frontman. Bach was the face/personality/charisma of the band, and IMO Eric brings those same qualities to the band now.
And....the new album with Eric, the songwriting and production is million times better than underwhelming output they released with Solinger.