Has The Cosby Show been cancelled at your house?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Has The Cosby Show been cancelled at your house?

Post by BernieTaupson »

Because it hasn’t been at mine, and you’re welcome to visit anytime for some Huxtable funnies, hey hey hey!

Anything up to when they scabbed it up with that Raven Symone cunt and that random woman and the army officer, don’t know what the hell any of that shit was about.

But we’re good anytime for some hijinks with Theo and Cockroach and that fat white kid who never said a word and kept running out of the house all the time, that’s the ticket. Harley Weewax and Mrs Griswold from The Real World!
Zabooka

Re: Has The Cosby Show been cancelled at your house?

Post by Zabooka »

This thread isn't music related, so let me help with that. Phylicia Rashad (Allen) who played Claire Huxtable was married with singer of the Village people, Victor Willis.
She put out a disco album in 1978 called Josephine Superstar.

VIDEO: https://youtu.be/hKBx1dF_nmc

Last edited by Zabooka on Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

A bunch of the grandparents were old jazz cats. Any excuse to bring out the trumpet and play some jazz.
Metal Heart
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Metal Heart »

I never cared for The Cosby Show. It just wasn't my thing. However, I do love I Spy and The Bill Cosby Show. The Bill Cosby show (1969-1971) was him playing a High School Gym teacher named Chet Kincaid. My brother also had some of his comedy records that I would listen to religiously.
"Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way." - Axl Rose
CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by CrankerBait »

Metal Heart wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:39 pm I never cared for The Cosby Show. It just wasn't my thing. However, I do love I Spy and The Bill Cosby Show. The Bill Cosby show (1969-1971) was him playing a High School Gym teacher named Chet Kincaid. My brother also had some of his comedy records that I would listen to religiously.
Same here. The Cosby Show bored me to tears, but I used to own a couple of those early comedy albums and watched reruns of his older stuff like Fat Albert and the Cosby kids. Too bad he turned out to be a total creep because for years he seemed to be a positive role model for kids, especially those in the African American community.
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

BITD quaaludes were everywhere. You couldn't find a chick that didn't love them. I dated dozens of girls that loved them. Some way too much. I witnessed 50+ girls on ludes over time. No one ever reacted the way EVERY single women said she did in the Crosby case. Lawyer 101, find as many people as you can with the exact same story and you will win over a public school jury 99% of the time. He may not have been a good guy, but his trial was total BS. Money grab.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Zabooka wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:28 pm This thread isn't music related, so let me help with that. Phylicia Rashad (Allen) who played Claire Huxtable was married with singer of the Village people, Victor Willis.
She put out a disco album in 1978 called Josephine Superstar.

VIDEO: https://youtu.be/hKBx1dF_nmc

Cocaines a helluva drug.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Never watched it in the first place, but NO.

And this also goes for Cosby's comedy records, his comedy routines, etc.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

After the scandal went down, I binged on some Cosby Show - just because I wanted to. Perspective I guess.

I was annoyed that Hulu pulled the episodes. It's like... I'm an adult. I can decide if I want to watch this or not.

The irony is... Cosby really understood kids and family life, and got laughs out of it. By comparison, a show like Full House could've been done by any hack writers room of single dudes.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

The Cosby Show was good for the first couple of seasons. It resurrected the multi-cam sitcom, but it was not particularly funny for most of its run IMO. "The Simpsons" and "Roseanne" came in and ultimately de-throned the Huxtables and their weekly lectures.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

Mister Freeze wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:27 am I'm an adult. I can decide if I want to watch this or not.
Bingo.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Fat_Elvis wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:16 am The Cosby Show was good for the first couple of seasons. It resurrected the multi-cam sitcom, but it was not particularly funny for most of its run IMO. "The Simpsons" and "Roseanne" came in and ultimately de-throned the Huxtables and their weekly lectures.
This. After the 1st couple years, the novelty had worn off and the Cos had used up most of his best material on the subject.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Had a few of his albums. Loved Fat Al ert. Liked The Cosby Show. It's a shame he got fucked over by the media like he did. That led to the bs court shit.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Mojo wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:53 am
Mister Freeze wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:27 am I'm an adult. I can decide if I want to watch this or not.
Bingo.
It's a business ran by adults. They can decide what product they will sell.
ImageImage
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

How dare we not be granted our inalienable right to watch a show about a serial rapist pretending to be an upstanding family man.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

He’s a self-righteous piece of shit with or without the allegations but I’m a huge fan of Fat Albert and The Cosby Show.