Joey Allen Blanbermouth “The Dirt”

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

jaimest.lane
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Joey Allen Blanbermouth “The Dirt”

Post by jaimest.lane »

Joey Allen did an interview regarding Jerry Dixon and stating he fine and just burnt out, that may be true but with all the weight loss it tells a different story…. Tell the truth Joey or just don’t say anything…. We get it if Jerry wants to say something he can but you are not telling the truth…
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Re: Joey Allen Blanbermouth “The Dirt”

Post by AliceManson »

jaimest.lane wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:29 pm Joey Allen did an interview regarding Jerry Dixon and stating he fine and just burnt out, that may be true but with all the weight loss it tells a different story…. Tell the truth Joey or just don’t say anything…. We get it if Jerry wants to say something he can but you are not telling the truth…
AIDS?
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

jaimest.lane wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:29 pm Joey Allen did an interview regarding Jerry Dixon and stating he fine and just burnt out, that may be true but with all the weight loss it tells a different story…. Tell the truth Joey or just don’t say anything…. We get it if Jerry wants to say something he can but you are not telling the truth…
First, it might be helpful to actually post the link you are talking about.
https://blabbermouth.net/news/warrants- ... t-concerts

In a new interview with the Tulsa Music Stream, WARRANT guitarist Joey Allen spoke about the absence of bassist Jerry Dixon from some of the band's recent concerts. Filling in for him at the gigs has been Robbie Crane, who has had stints with Vince Neil's band, RATT and LYNCH MOB, before joining BLACK STAR RIDERS as a full-time member.

Joey said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "Look, Jerry has been in this band since the beginning. He's played every gig for 35 years. It's not foreign to anybody that travels and does 125 to 150 flights a year, you can get burnt out on doing that. You can get tired of hotels, you can get tired of planes, and Jerry just needs to take a break. He's healthy. He's coming in and playing the shows at the end of every month. There's nothing wrong with Jerry. There's nothing wrong with the band. Robbie Crane, who is an amazing bass player and an amazing person, has been playing bass pretty much for this band since COVID got over with and we came back out. And he brings a whole another set of tools to this band that's made everybody in the band step their game up. So, for us, even though we'd love to have Jerry there 24-7, he's not. Will he ever be again? I don't know. We'd love that. But if not, we've got a family member in Robbie. Robbie's known the guys in the band since before I was in the band in '84. Robbie grew up in Hollywood, so he's been a part of the music scene in L.A. for a long time. And it is what it is. But that's the dirt."

Second, I guess you are just assuming we have any clue as to what you are talking about? What weight loss? Sounds to me like you know more than you are willing to say and you hope somebody else spills the beans.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

AliceManson wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:19 pm
AIDS?
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

I’m guessing Stage 4 something and his last performance with the band a while back was Jerry’s last.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

What weight loss? Is there photos or videos from him this year? I’ve only seen Robbie Crane in any videos that popped up.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

I found he has an Instagram page and he just posted photos from a few days ago.
https://www.instagram.com/jerrydixonofficial/?hl=en

He definitely looks thinner and older but I don't think enough to feel like he's ill. He's 56.
wildside1969
Opening for Slaughter

Post by wildside1969 »

PBFSUCKS wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:28 pm
What weight loss? Is there photos or videos from him this year? I’ve only seen Robbie Crane in any videos that popped up.
Check Utube there clips on there from the show they did in Dallas on December 17th. Jerry did the show, no Crane. I watched I saw Red and Cherry Pie earlier today.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:51 pm
AliceManson wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:19 pm
AIDS?
Nice. You got the reference.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Z28
Headlining Clubs

Post by Z28 »

he looks just fine
BiggusDickus
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by BiggusDickus »

He looks older... Because he is.
jhenders
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by jhenders »

I watched the "I Saw Red" clip in Dallas. He looks both happy and healthy.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Josh Allen >>> Joey Allen
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Cindy Buzzedimisa
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

Wtf are you talking about? He looks fine, just older. He was never a big guy in the first place. There's an 80's picture of him posted among the recent ones and he looks to be the same size. He's never rivaled Peter Steele stature wise. Stop spreading AIDS rumors. Jeez!
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

are you Biden’s speechwriter?
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

VinceVanLane wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:32 pm I found he has an Instagram page and he just posted photos from a few days ago.
https://www.instagram.com/jerrydixonofficial/?hl=en

He definitely looks thinner and older but I don't think enough to feel like he's ill. He's 56.
But the burning question is do Jerry’s eye brows have their own Instagram page?