Songs that make you cry.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Gwrexx
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Songs that make you cry.

Post by Gwrexx »

sounds sappy I know but my wife before she passed away dealt with horrible back issues that caused neuropathy in her hands and feet that made even walking a chore. When she passed away 5 years ago it was a LONG time before I could hear Freebird and not break down thinking about how she was finally free of that pain and could move and dance again..I can listen to it now and it doesn't choke me up like it did then but damn, that song got to me..
Ain't flinging tears out on the dusty ground for all my friends out on the burial ground. Can't stand the feeling getting so brought down. It's just that demon life has got me in its sway
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

Gwrexx wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:00 am sounds sappy I know but my wife before she passed away dealt with horrible back issues that caused neuropathy in her hands and feet that made even walking a chore. When she passed away 5 years ago it was a LONG time before I could hear Freebird and not break down thinking about how she was finally free of that pain and could move and dance again..I can listen to it now and it doesn't choke me up like it did then but damn, that song got to me..
That's not sappy at all.
AnthonyFocxsFogMachine
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by AnthonyFocxsFogMachine »

I feel bad, I feel sad, when I hear "Save The Weak"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfxel7IgXSk
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:17 pm
SterileEyes1 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:09 pm The Heart Of The Matter. Almost every goddamned time.
Good call! That song, The End of the Innocence and New York Minute for the Don Henley trifecta. Even Boys of Summer gets me.

I’m not talking about literally crying. They just…well…get down to the heart of the matter.

I’ll add Chris Stapleton Maggie’s Song for the animal lovers out there.

Listened to some Stapleton for the first time on my drive today from Phoenix to ABQ because of the mention here. Thank you! Looking forward to more of this rabbit hole.

And to answer DemonFilth’s question, like you’re saying here, we’re not literally crying or sobbing, I’ll save that for actual tragedies and such, but definitely welling up from feeling it! I don’t even care how corny that sounds. It’s just true. Good songs can do that!
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
cinman1802000
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by cinman1802000 »

Too many friends & loved ones lost to cancer...

Jason Isbell-'Elephant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClugMhMbrRg

My Chemical Romance-'Cancer'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3lYFRiDTkA
"If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough."
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Gwrexx wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:00 am sounds sappy I know but my wife before she passed away dealt with horrible back issues that caused neuropathy in her hands and feet that made even walking a chore. When she passed away 5 years ago it was a LONG time before I could hear Freebird and not break down thinking about how she was finally free of that pain and could move and dance again..I can listen to it now and it doesn't choke me up like it did then but damn, that song got to me..
I’m missing that gene. My wife died from cancer 23 years ago at age 34. Songs, movies, nothing had that effect. Maybe having a 3 year old and being caregiver for almost 3 years was part of a lengthy grieving process and having to carry on for my son. Or, I could possibly be soulless. Possible, but I prefer the other take.
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

tooth wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:26 am The Pass by Rush has brought me to tears several times.
The lyric ; Christ, What Have You Done ?!? is extremely guttural .
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Thunderbird by Quiet Riot
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:59 pm Thunderbird by Quiet Riot
:?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

None specifically on their own, but the end credits of Logan being set to Johnny Cash's version of Hurt was fucking rough.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.