Heart live clusterf

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Heart live clusterf

Post by BernieTaupson »

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Heart live clusterf

Post by ParaDime77 »

Didn’t know the girls reunited. Nancy still looks great after the years, but COPD/Intoxicated Ann looks ready to check out. I’m sure there’s money left on the table to tour but Heart should’ve stopped good five years ago.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Good Lord, what happened to Ann? She hasn't been the picture of health for thirty years, but still, she seemed like a completely different person at Wacken a year and a half ago.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Mandolin was not the move.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

TooOldToCare wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:50 pm Mandolin was not the move.
Nope. Mando is sort of all or nothing....intended for being played with continuous up and down picking.
They're unforgiving and not very good instruments for noodling or light texture....unless you're a GOOD mando player.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

I honestly don’t mind too much if an act changes things up. A little. Not to the point of being unrecognizable though. This was recognizable but still sucked. They should have played it straight like the 1980s with more guitar and a little feeling. It looked as if no one wanted to be there.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Venus Flytrap

Post by Venus Flytrap »

I can't think of a band that I like but would not want to see live again more than Heart. They run from what made them big. It's either Zeppelin covers or watered down versions of the 80's hits.
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Venus Flytrap wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:25 am I can't think of a band that I like but would not want to see live again more than Heart. They run from what made them big. It's either Zeppelin covers or watered down versions of the 80's hits.
Its worse than Jani Lane running from Cherry Pie
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

2 old ladies and a backing band of hired guns, who all seem like they don't want to be there.........

However, I would clean those cobwebs out of Nancy if given the opportunity. :twisted:
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Venus Flytrap wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:25 am I can't think of a band that I like but would not want to see live again more than Heart. They run from what made them big. It's either Zeppelin covers or watered down versions of the 80's hits.

Three Zep covers that night...
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/heart/20 ... f9ab1.html
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Venus Flytrap wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:25 am I can't think of a band that I like but would not want to see live again more than Heart. They run from what made them big.
Heart's first two albums went platinum, then they were multiplatinum with Little Queen and Dog & Butterfly. So they were big long before the s/t and Bad Animals. They probably see the 70s as their peak, not 85-91.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:59 am
However, I would clean those cobwebs out of Nancy if given the opportunity. :twisted:
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

It's too bad they don't suck it up and get Roger Fisher back in the band. He was the best thing about them in the 70's. He was a good guitar player.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Anthrax442 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:49 pm Good Lord, what happened to Ann? She hasn't been the picture of health for thirty years, but still, she seemed like a completely different person at Wacken a year and a half ago.
""""""""""""""""Good Lord, what happened to Ann? """"""""""""""

What happened to Ann?

She's looked like the long lost 4th member of Wilson Phillips for decades... or did you just notice this?

$tEvil
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:38 am
Its worse than Jani Lane running from Cherry Pie
I don't think Ann's running from cherry pie, or any other pie for that matter.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
skatexedge
Headlining Clubs

Post by skatexedge »

They don’t respect their fan base. Obviously. I wouldn’t go see them now for free and I was a fan for years even the mid 80s stuff they hate and refuse to play!

It’s like they are saying “fuck you we hated all those songs that you love and paid good money to hear so we pad out the set with cover songs nobody wants to hear!” Fuck that. I can see cover bands anywhere doing that! For a lot less money!

If they would play their best songs from all eras of Heart, the fans would be stoked but they don’t give a fuck.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

skatexedge wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:48 pm They don’t respect their fan base. Obviously. I wouldn’t go see them now for free and I was a fan for years even the mid 80s stuff they hate and refuse to play!

It’s like they are saying “fuck you we hated all those songs that you love and paid good money to hear so we pad out the set with cover songs nobody wants to hear!” Fuck that. I can see cover bands anywhere doing that! For a lot less money!

If they would play their best songs from all eras of Heart, the fans would be stoked but they don’t give a fuck.
To be fair many of their most popular 80s songs are also covers:
What About Love - Toronto
If looks could Kill - Pamala Stanley
These Dreams - unreleased Stevie Nicks demo (so not really a cover but not written by/for them)
Alone - I-Ten
Wait for an Answer - Dalbello
All I Wanna Do - Dobie Gray
Black on Black - Dalbello
The Woman In Me - Donna Summer
kwf
Headlining Clubs

Post by kwf »

The hate each other and they hate their own songs. Stick a fork in it
Total Package
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:11 am To be fair many of their most popular 80s songs are also covers:
Yeah they’re covers but no one had heard the originals. One thing covering a song that everyone knows but it’s a different thing covering one that wasn’t successful.

How many people ever bought a fucking I-Ten album? Couple hundred?
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:11 am
skatexedge wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:48 pm They don’t respect their fan base. Obviously. I wouldn’t go see them now for free and I was a fan for years even the mid 80s stuff they hate and refuse to play!

To be fair many of their most popular 80s songs are also covers:
What About Love - Toronto
If looks could Kill - Pamala Stanley
These Dreams - unreleased Stevie Nicks demo (so not really a cover but not written by/for them)
Alone - I-Ten
Wait for an Answer - Dalbello
All I Wanna Do - Dobie Gray
Black on Black - Dalbello
The Woman In Me - Donna Summer
Holy shit, they didn’t write ANY of those?? :lol:
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Only time I walked out on a show was Heart a few years back. Soundman must have been deaf. Friggin screechy vocals pushed waaaay out in front. Couldnt take it for long.
The power of Sludge compels you.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

Ryan81 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:08 pm It's too bad they don't suck it up and get Roger Fisher back in the band. He was the best thing about them in the 70's. He was a good guitar player.
He sealed his own fate when he tried to decapitate Nancy with his guitar.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD178ifcqB0

The bassist and drummer have their own Fake Heart - they sound way better and I bet the tickets are a tenth of the price.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Heart by Heart sounds fantastic!
The power of Sludge compels you.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:09 pm
Anthrax442 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:49 pm Good Lord, what happened to Ann? She hasn't been the picture of health for thirty years, but still, she seemed like a completely different person at Wacken a year and a half ago.
""""""""""""""""Good Lord, what happened to Ann? """"""""""""""

What happened to Ann?

She's looked like the long lost 4th member of Wilson Phillips for decades... or did you just notice this?

$tEvil
I'll say it again:

"SHE HASN'T BEEN THE PICTURE OF HEALTH FOR THIRTY YEARS, but still, she seemed like a completely different person at Wacken a year and a half ago."
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Even Heart By Heart avoids most of the '80s stuff and throws in a Zeppelin cover...
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/heart-by ... 5c50a.html
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Heart By Heart is centered around two guys who weren’t even in Heart for the 80s stuff. Both were gone by 82. The fact that they do a few Heart85 and Bad Animals songs is odd. Be like Ace Frehley playing Forever and Crazy Crazy Nights.
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

They changed the key, and Ann sounded fine. Nancy sang a little flat once, but she was mostly in with the keyboards. But mandolin: guitars are strung in 4ths, mandolins in 5ths (like a violin). Just because there are frets doesn't mean it's right. They could have de-tuned it to match the song, but it seems like they didn't. It certainly sounded off.