Kulick unloads on the KISS final show

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Kulick unloads on the KISS final show

Post by BernieTaupson »

Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: Kulick unloads on the KISS final show

Post by Wild Obsession »

That article was as bland and forgettable as Bruce's guitar playing..........
There was no "unloading", Kulick was as polite and amicable as he always is.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

No way. He’s always been a little lamb. This is the most anyone has ever got out of him.
Tommy Frehley
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Tommy Frehley »

Question is.. if he would have been invited, would he have worn one of those awful do-rags with his mullet hair hanging out the back? Would he have dont that fake fist pump like he did right before Cold Gin on Animalize Uncensored Video? ..I like Bruce...i just never thought he fit into the band
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Tommy Frehley wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:53 pm fake fist pump like he did right before Cold Gin
Best part of the whole video.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Bruce shows on the KISS cruise have the best set lists. It would have been better to have him and his band open the Farewell tour.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

He believes thats the last show?
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

pieceofme wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:41 pm Bruce shows on the KISS cruise have the best set lists. It would have been better to have him and his band open the Farewell tour.
Bruce’s band has been like the only positive thing related to KISS in a decade!
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

pieceofme wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:41 pm Bruce shows on the KISS cruise have the best set lists. It would have been better to have him and his band open the Farewell tour.
Better for the fans, yes.
Better for Gene and Paul, no.
No one will do a buy on on the Kiss tour for Bruce Kulick. So they get the support acts who will pay them money for the opening slot.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

They didn’t even have any opening bands on 80% of the tour.

They had that painter opening up because he sucked Paul’s dick, then a bunch without the painter, then a handful with DLR, then back to none again, and then Paul’s son (with a band that literally didn’t even exist a year ago) for the final 15 or 20 shows.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:39 pm
Tommy Frehley wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:53 pm fake fist pump like he did right before Cold Gin
Back in the day I saw Union playing for a "crowd" of 20+/- in Connecticut, Bruce was still doing the choreographed (Arena) stage moves taught to him by KISS..........
TooOldToCare
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by TooOldToCare »

Wild Obsession wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:43 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:39 pm
Back in the day I saw Union playing for a "crowd" of 20+/- in Connecticut, Bruce was still doing the choreographed (Arena) stage moves taught to him by KISS..........
I'd rather have that than someone pissed off he's only playing in front of 20 people. I don't know the music business, but it isn't 1984 on Sunset. I'm not saying Bruce has a rock star stage presence and has ever been a party guy, but I'd prefer not to have a dysfunctional band/business. And the article, I wouldn't say "unloads" either, but he DID emphasize his exclusion and that there was nothing special about 12/2 as far as being a final show.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

The final Kiss show ended with a commercial for something new to buy. It was the most Kiss thing ever. Perfect.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

The only question I have is why was Bruce not invited as a VIP guest?
Not to perform, just as a guest. There seemed to be a lot of other ”friends” backstage.
Did not one single person in the Kiss camp suggest him being invited as a guest!?
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Zinny wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:47 pm The only question I have is why was Bruce not invited as a VIP guest?
Not to perform, just as a guest. There seemed to be a lot of other ”friends” backstage.
Did not one single person in the Kiss camp suggest him being invited as a guest!?
Yep, I thought the same. Its like they dont want any ex members there because they could use it as a lever in the courts to prove they are still connected to the band and use it to claim money in some way.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Zinny wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:47 pm The only question I have is why was Bruce not invited as a VIP guest?
Maybe he was? I don't know.
It'd likely be a useless gesture anyway. Who wants to fly all across the country to see Kiss do the exact same show they did in LA anyway?
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Underwhelming band ends their career with underwhelming final concert.
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:35 pm
Maybe he was? I don't know.
It'd likely be a useless gesture anyway. Who wants to fly all across the country to see Kiss do the exact same show they did in LA anyway?
He wasn’t, and that’s the point. If he had been, it would have been up to him if he wanted to take the trip.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

I saw a recent interview with Paul Stanley where the interviewer said something like “I wish Bruce Kulick had been there” and Paul replied “So does he.” Just one more reason why I hate Paul. Everyone points their finger at Gene but Paul has been the asshole in that band from day one. Good on Peter for throwing his drumsticks at him for all those years.
parasite74
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by parasite74 »

The last KISS show was an epic fail.
parasite74
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by parasite74 »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:29 am I saw a recent interview with Paul Stanley where the interviewer said something like “I wish Bruce Kulick had been there” and Paul replied “So does he.” Just one more reason why I hate Paul. Everyone points their finger at Gene but Paul has been the asshole in that band from day one. Good on Peter for throwing his drumsticks at him for all those years.
I'm suprised Paul would say sonthing like that? Do you have a link?
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

parasite74 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:10 am
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:29 am I saw a recent interview with Paul Stanley where the interviewer said something like “I wish Bruce Kulick had been there” and Paul replied “So does he.” Just one more reason why I hate Paul. Everyone points their finger at Gene but Paul has been the asshole in that band from day one. Good on Peter for throwing his drumsticks at him for all those years.
I'm suprised Paul would say sonthing like that? Do you have a link?

I can’t remember if I saw it on tv or YouTube. I’ll have to go back and look
Stinky McFister
Recording Debut Album

Post by Stinky McFister »

I never thought Kulick fit in KISS. I didn't enjoy his stage presence, solos or guitar playing.

The last KISS show I saw was the A&P farewell.

That being said, I would've seriously considered going to an EOTR show if they'd had Kulick open and he had a great setlist of his KISS era like I heard he played on one of the cruises.
I'd never even thought of it but it seems it would've been a win/win for the fans. The diehards would 've loved it. The shallow KISS fans wouldn't know the difference and KISS could've given a nod to their 80's music.
Yeah. P&G are dumbshits. And that was the most lackluster limp across the finish line farewell a band has given.
-A wimper at MSG
-The Empire State Building BS fake up
-Not even coming close to getting A&P on stage for even a cameo
-Lip synching/Croaking Paul
-Embarrassing HOF induction
-Avatars? Really? And whoring it at the end of the show?

and many, many more
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

I always say I enjoy Kiss’ drama way more than their music, and I’ve followed it since I was a kid. This is the only time I can recall Bruce sounding anything other than diplomatic. He’s straight up bitter, and I don’t blame him. That they didn’t even invite him is pretty rotten.

Did they really just do a regular-ass show with the stupid commercial at the end? They didn’t mention Eric Carr or any other past members? That’s truly terrible.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Shredderpete
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Shredderpete »

Dude has a point. They could easily have had him show up in a platform in a replica of some KISS video outfit or other to play a solo on, like, Unholy or something, then spotlight off and back to just the 4 guys again, no interrupting the flow of the show to make it feel like a parade of alumni or whatever, just a cool moment featuring someone who worked their ass off for those guys.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:15 pm Did they really just do a regular-ass show with the stupid commercial at the end? They didn’t mention Eric Carr or any other past members? That’s truly terrible.
Bro they didn’t even mention Eric Carr in 1992 straight after he died, you think they’re gonna mention him in 2023?
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Stinky McFister wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:47 pm I never thought Kulick fit in KISS. I didn't enjoy his stage presence, solos or guitar playing.
IMO, Paul didn't like Vinnie or Eric Carr because they had personalities and/or stage presence, Bruce was the perfect fit, because he insured that Paula would still be the "Belle of the Ball(s)".
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Bruce just said in an interview this month that the whole time he was in the band he would temper what he said to Gene and Paul as not to rock the boat. It must have been exhausting.