Would you spend $70 to see Great White and Slaughter in 2024?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Would you spend $70 to see Great White and Slaughter in 2024?

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:46 am
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:17 pm
Psychobolia.com wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:01 pm Only if Great White brings back JR and they play the first album in its entirety, otherwise they can stick it.
Lol. I was given that release and Shot in the Dark. Two of the WORST albums I owned. Literally 100% filler.
Shot in the Dark is just ok, I agree it's got filler, but the debut is brilliant, love the entire thing. Dead End can be considered filler but the rest is awesome, GW playing METAL, that blues shit was still on the backburner at that time.
Guess I should revisit. I heard those 2 after they had become popular.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

I’m going to be the one who says yes, as long as it was Great White with Jack Russell, the way it oughta be.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:46 am
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:17 pm
Psychobolia.com wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:01 pm Only if Great White brings back JR and they play the first album in its entirety, otherwise they can stick it.
Lol. I was given that release and Shot in the Dark. Two of the WORST albums I owned. Literally 100% filler.
Shot in the Dark is just ok, I agree it's got filler, but the debut is brilliant, love the entire thing. Dead End can be considered filler but the rest is awesome, GW playing METAL, that blues shit was still on the backburner at that time.
Yeah the debut album kicks arse. Metal GW > Blues GW
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Never liked Slaughter, 1990 opening for KISS still all time bottom ten. Saw Great White with Illous and it was just not good. Even real Great White was an almost cover band and it was just too slick for that style of music.

For me the most likely equivalent would be LA Guns and Faster Pussycat or maybe Tom Keifer and LA Guns (Coming in March) and still wouldn't pay $70.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest