2024 KISStard Photo Dump

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

2024 KISStard Photo Dump

Post by BernieTaupson »

Had a few left, if you enjoy 'em enjoy 'em, if you want to be a KISStard Karen and think we shouldn't laugh at notable KISStards then don't look at them.

BernieTaupson

Re: 2024 KISStard Photo Dump

Post by BernieTaupson »

BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

What stands out the most for me is how odd these people look. No one looks "normal." I consider myself a typical 57-year-old. Corporate job. Dad to now adults. Gray hair. Clothes style is nowhere near these goons. I've played in cover bands long ago when I could pull off a better stage look. Distant past for me.

This looks like "People of Walmart."

These are hilarious.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Aye, you nailed it, they all look weird. Thanks for posting them. They are always fun to look at. Was it gene or paul who told scab drummer to hold his sticks like that?
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Paul looks repulsed in most of them. Gene doesn’t look happy either. I don’t feel sorry for either one of them
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Yup. Keep them coming.

One last comment, I know the band has worn these costumes for several years now, but when we see them in normal lighting, they look cheap. Gene looks like he's wearing a plastic Halloween costume with baggy spandex underneath. Tommy, similar but not baggy. In concert, Singer is wearing a tee shirt. I know we are long past the days of real leather and metal costumes, and these are made for "comfort." But they look like shit.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

hahahaha the band looks soo bored. That a young Mel Gibson in the top pic? :lol:
The power of Sludge compels you.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Stand next to a celebrity and average looking people look even worse.

I was in some office and a girl had a collage of photos next to her desk. One of them was a pic with Carrie Underwood, who looked like Miss Universe next to all these commoners.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Deputy Hedge

Post by Deputy Hedge »

"Who farted?"

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:04 am Image
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

:lol:
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:27 am Gene looks like he's wearing a plastic Halloween costume with baggy spandex underneath.
Yeah, Gene was so full of shit, saying "I play in 60 lbs of armor every night". Those little plastic bits dont weigh anything, and im sure the boots can be made to be barely heavier than a regular boot.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

I’m pretty sure those absurd Godzilla boots are just shells and he’s wearing actual running shoes inside them. He’s had problems with his feet for a few years, and when the band were rehearsing for stuff and put up photos, Tommy and Paul are always wearing their boots to rehearse in and Gene has always just worn running shoes. His current boots are INSANELY big, way bigger than his old dragon head boots that he’s worn for decades. They’re 1.5 times as big as Tommy and Paul’s.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:00 pm I’m pretty sure those absurd Godzilla boots are just shells and he’s wearing actual running shoes inside them. He’s had problems with his feet for a few years, and when the band were rehearsing for stuff and put up photos, Tommy and Paul are always wearing their boots to rehearse in and Gene has always just worn running shoes. His current boots are INSANELY big, way bigger than his old dragon head boots that he’s worn for decades. They’re 1.5 times as big as Tommy and Paul’s.
The oversized costume is like fucking GWAR. It looks stupid in the KISS context and makes Gene look square like Spongebob. This is an unpopular opinion, but I always liked his short-lived Elder costume with the chainmail. I realize Gene was about ½ the size he is currently. Singer is still young enough to embrace a calorie deficit. His head a circle. Tommy's, we've discussed it many times. Paul's is melting. Gene's is Al Lewis. I'm not Brad Pitt, but genetics is helping in some places (so far). Gene should wear those Dragon Head Slippers they sold 25 years ago.

As for the civilians in the pictures, I suspect Faded Glory jeans and NASCAR jackets is standard uniform.
Last edited by TooOldToCare on Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:21 am What stands out the most for me is how odd these people look. No one looks "normal." I consider myself a typical 57-year-old. Corporate job. Dad to now adults. Gray hair. Clothes style is nowhere near these goons. I've played in cover bands long ago when I could pull off a better stage look. Distant past for me.

This looks like "People of Walmart."

These are hilarious.
I get people liking them in the 70s, 80s, or whenever they were growing up, but I didn't grow up with them and this is my image of KISS, so it's hard not to think of anybody that likes them looking exactly like these people.
Black Stuff wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:17 am hahahaha the band looks soo bored. That a young Mel Gibson in the top pic? :lol:
Mel Gibson and Richard Simmons lovechild. The next guy just got out of having an IV in the hospital. Five(?) down looks like a relative of CC Banana -- one who didn't blow their life savings on a CD tribute to fat chicks.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

This one looks like he just escaped from an institution and during the getaway he somehow ended up at the venue and is disguising himself as a KISS fan until the coast is clear.

BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Gene Wilder and an Oompa Loompa with a Little House on The Prairie outfit with sideways toes.

These people are fascinating. I’ll find some more if you want them.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:01 am Had a few left, if you enjoy 'em enjoy 'em, if you want to be a KISStard Karen and think we shouldn't laugh at notable KISStards then don't look at them.

Gay or straight :?:
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

CLARENCE BODDICKER!!

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

It's nice to see KISS rockin' and partying hard with their favorite people!
LONG LIVE ROCK & ROLL!

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

SeniorGrande wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:38 pm CLARENCE BODDICKER!!
Looks like him but it’s his brother - BobKISS Dicklicker
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:14 pm
SeniorGrande wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:38 pm CLARENCE BODDICKER!!
Looks like him but it’s his brother - BobKISS Dicklicker
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Klaus from Scorpions.

Gene looks like he’s sucking on an everlasting gobstopper.

Eric looks like he’s giving a prostate exam and Thayer looks like he’s receiving one.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Klaus for the win, he got the pic for free, put out his debut album before Kiss, he still gets to tour...

And he still has his voice!
kanister
Headlining Clubs

Post by kanister »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:26 am Paul looks repulsed in most of them. Gene doesn’t look happy either. I don’t feel sorry for either one of them
This! Don't know why any fan would want a photo like these ones.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Surprised Chaim let the guys with the Sweet shirts on be in a picture .
The power of Sludge compels you.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Paul is so disinterested, he can't even bother to do the foot thing.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Z28
Headlining Clubs

Post by Z28 »

WCiezak
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by WCiezak »

It's great to see that Clarence got himself a picture. You know Gene is just salivating at the thought of finally being able to get into business with someone tied into OCP. Man, Leno looks like he let himself go. Gene Wilder doesn't look so bad though.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Mister Freeze wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:43 am Paul is so disinterested, he can't even bother to do the foot thing.
:lol: That is seriously funny. Well done Freeze. Paul blows more than Ace out on a bender with Peter and Sweet Connie.