Does MEGADETH deserve to be in the RNRHOF?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Does MEGADETH deserve to be in the RNRHOF?

Post by gtrjay »

FreddyFender wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:07 pm Fuck no.

but neither do half the acts already in.
End thread ^^^^
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

HoldenSSV wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:33 am
Bob Sacamano wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:09 am I think both Slayer and Anthrax are more deserving of the RRHOF than Megadeth.
Based on what? They were always the "Little 2" of the "Big 4" anyway.
With the exception of 1992-1998, Slayer was bigger than Megadeth.

Slayer was much more influential on extreme metal, and Anthrax has influence on Nu Metal.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Absolutley NO, not enough influence or innovation. They are 4th in the big 4 in both those regards. That said, Mustaine should've absolutely been inducted as a member of Metallica. But Anthrax and Slayer deserve to get in way before Megadeth.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Bob Sacamano wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:21 pm
HoldenSSV wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:33 am
Bob Sacamano wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:09 am I think both Slayer and Anthrax are more deserving of the RRHOF than Megadeth.
Based on what? They were always the "Little 2" of the "Big 4" anyway.
With the exception of 1992-1998, Slayer was bigger than Megadeth.

Slayer was much more influential on extreme metal, and Anthrax has influence on Nu Metal.
This. Slayer also have that Motorheadish-AC/DCish-Maidenesque thing that you have to admire in that lack of radio play and magazine/tv coverage only sold more albums and tickets. Slayer were going Gold and filling up hockey arenas with albums like South of Heaven and Divine Intervention. That's just crazy when you think about it. Anthrax, sadly, pretty much helped created a whole genre even if they didn't want to. They were also influential in how tours were packaged. Not many metal bands were willing to take out Public Enemy and Young Black Teenagers.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:37 pm
HoldenSSV wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:39 pm
Psychobolia.com wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:33 pm I've seen Slayer a bunch of times, with Anthrax opening, with Megadeth opening...

I saw Slayer open for WASP, and they were worse than WASP. So what?

Maybe Countdown to Extinction sold more than any Slayer album but that's it...

And Youthanais, Peace Sells, Rust In Peace, and So Far So Good So What . . .

Slayer were always the bigger live draw / festival headliner / merch seller / etc. Slayer cashed out headlining two shows at the LA Forum; Megadeth just played my town last August, they played the Olympia, a 2000-capacity theater!

No, not always, and I see way more Megadeth shirts at shows than Slayer shirts.
1) Why are you bringing up W.A.S.P.? (And it's W.A.S.P., not Wasp, have some respect for Blackie!) Shit, even Metallica opened for W.A.S.P.... I'm just pointing out the obvious that Slayer is the obvious headliner when paired with Megadeth or Anthrax

2) Speaking of Sales, Slayer had Rick Sales managing them, the better manager. Tom Araya can relax while Mustaine slugs it out in 2000 seaters in his 60's! Ok, I'll admit I was off on the album sales...

3) I can't help it if the shows you go to are gay!
WASP deserve to be in the HOF
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

EzyRider wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:00 pm I'm surprised by all this. Dave is the godfather of thrash plain and simple. No Dave, no Metallica. Go back and listen to Kill Em All, that doesn't exist without him.

At the same time RNRHOF is a really bad joke. Who cares what they think? Maybe it's better to not be in it.
Who the hell cares? Was he in the band for even a year?

People are always pulling that nonsense. "If it wasn't for so-and-so, there wouldn't be [band name here].

If Mustaine stayed in Metallica, they wouldn't have made it out of the 80s.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

EzyRider wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:00 pm I'm surprised by all this. Dave is the godfather of thrash plain and simple. No Dave, no Metallica. Go back and listen to Kill Em All, that doesn't exist without him.

At the same time RNRHOF is a really bad joke. Who cares what they think? Maybe it's better to not be in it.

Clearly you haven’t listened to much Venom.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:50 pm I'm not sure.

Great band. Had a run of albums that were near-godly. Pussed out in the 90's but bounced back and have been consistently pretty good since. Even their last album was good.

But, and I think this factors in quite a bit, who names them as an influence? I think I've only ever seen Lamb of God mention them. Sold millions, one of the few metal bands to do sort of okay in the 90's, and they're never mentioned.

Friggin' ANTHRAX gets more recognition. That has to sting.

It can’t sting worse than the amount of shunning Venom have received. They single handedly invented Thrash and Death Metal with their first two albums.
Metal Heart
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Metal Heart »

When looking at the roster of the RRHOF, I see names such as Clyde McPhatter, Dion, Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers, Pete Seeger, Lovin' Spoonful, The Moonglows, Pat Benatar and Eurythmics.

So yes.. Megadeth absolutely belongs in the RRHOF.
"Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way." - Axl Rose
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Metal Heart wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:42 am When looking at the roster of the RRHOF, I see names such as Clyde McPhatter, Dion, Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers, Pete Seeger, Lovin' Spoonful, The Moonglows, Pat Benatar and Eurythmics.

So yes.. Megadeth absolutely belongs in the RRHOF.
Word. Preach it brother Metal Heart. Throw Venom on there too
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Venom is terrible. Come on. Be serious.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts