Battle of the bands Part 2…Tesla vs Cinderella … who’s first three album run was better ?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tesla vs Cinderella… which band’s first three albums is a better catalog of music ?

Tesla
60%
Cinderella
40%

Total votes: 68
EyeDocOfRock
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Battle of the bands Part 2…Tesla vs Cinderella … who’s first three album run was better ?

Post by EyeDocOfRock »

Tesla vs Cinderella… which band’s first three album catalog was better ?

Tesla :
Mechanical Resonance
The Great Radio Controversy
Psychotic Supper

Cinderella:
Night Songs
Long Cold Winter
Heartbreak Station
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: Battle of the bands Part 2…Tesla vs Cinderella … who’s first three album run was better ?

Post by dmbrocker »

Gotta go with Cinderella here.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
GoodJudge

Re: Battle of the bands Part 2…Tesla vs Cinderella … who’s first three album run was better ?

Post by GoodJudge »

Pat's Chilli Dogs > anything Tesla released. I always found them to be boring AF.
BulletProofPoet

Post by BulletProofPoet »

Tesla had more songs on 2nd and 3rd albums that were better. Tesla for me and it isn’t really close.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

Cinderella when I was younger. Tesla now. I like both but Tesla has that more straight ahead no BS hard rock sound I enjoy more now as compared to the slight hair feel to Cinderella.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Tesla 2/10 in Metal Edge world over hype overrated . Singer sounds like trash music almost worse

Cinderella 10
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

All great albums, especially the first two for each band.

Both released their third album within a year of each other. Tesla was able to headline arenas with Firehouse. Cinderella struggled to fill seats with David Lee Roth.

So Tesla wins, I guess.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Cinderella's first 2 albums are better than anything Tesla has done.
If it was based on entire catalog, then Tesla for sure. I might be the only person who likes the Def Tesla record.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

This was a tough one, however, I can't vote no to Telsa, and I can't vote yes to Cinderella, so Tesla for the win.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Tesla all day every day, Frank Hannon is the shit...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Cinderella. They had really strong songs on all 3 albums. Their Greatest Hits plays better than Tesla's.

You might as well add the 4th album to the poll as well.

First album for both bands was glammy, harder rock.
2nd album was most commercial sounding
3rd album was more serious and just not as good
4th albums bombed. Cinderella for the win here too but there was nothing on Still Climbing that was as good as the best songs on the first 3 albums.

Funny enough, Poison's first 4 albums match those descriptions as well except I think F&B and Native Tongue were far better than Cinderella/Tesla.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

If it was based on just the first two albums from each band this would be tough, but with including the 3rd Tesla gets my vote. While I don't mind Heartbreak Station, Psychotic Supper is fantastic. I put it right up there with Mechanical Resonance and ahead of Great Radio Controversy on my Tesla's best list.
GreatWhiteSnake

Interesting also that neither of these guys really has much of a voice left...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

Tesla were more consistent, songwise, for my ears, so they get the edge.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

I like all of the releases, however, Tesla sounds better (voice, music, melodies....)
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Both had a great first 3. Tesla wins. Seems like I saw Tesla and Cinderella on a coheadlining tour around the third album.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Psychobolia.com
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Not familiar with Heartbreak Station but I know I can't stand Tesla, so Cinderella...
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:57 am Interesting also that neither of these guys really has much of a voice left...
Or started out with much of one either... they both sounded like they were gargling razor blades.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:57 pm
GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:57 am Interesting also that neither of these guys really has much of a voice left...
Or started out with much of one either... they both sounded like they were gargling razor blades.
It’s that Brian Johnson style of vocal that was popular among certain singers back then. Udo and Jesse James Dupree are two other examples.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
GreatWhiteSnake

Jeff Keith was nowhere near Keifer/Johnson level grating. Had a pretty decent blues rock voice at the start...
GreatWhiteSnake

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:47 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:57 pm
It’s that Brian Johnson style of vocal that was popular among certain singers back then. Udo and Jesse James Dupree are two other examples
Um, no Udo was basically just grunting. My vote for possible worst singer ever. Whenever my friends and I would see a band with a crap singer was instantly dubbed Udo...
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

I love both the debut albums by these bands. Still play night songs regularly.

Long Cold Winter is a great album but I'm burnt out on it.

MR is a good follow up but I never loved it as much as LCW.

Never really got into the 3rd Tesla album that much. It's okay, but goes on for too long.

I like heartbreak station but its not as good as their first two releases.

I'm choosing Cinderella.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

They never toured together, did they?
Great double bill if they did
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

greengoblinrulz wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:07 pm They never toured together, did they?
Great double bill if they did
It seemed like Tesla was the only opener for every major tour for about 3 years. I unintentionally saw them 5 times..and wasn’t too impressed. Cinderella i saw twice and kicked ass both times. I still listen to Cinderella so they win it for me.
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

Tesla and its not even close.

Mechanical is a perfect album and Great Radio is fairly close. Bit of a drop off on Pyschotic Supper for me (yeah, I know everyone else nutswings that album) but still good.

Cinderella's Night Songs is great but the faux blues shit after that was lame.
jhenders
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by jhenders »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:00 am 4th albums bombed. Cinderella for the win here too but there was nothing on Still Climbing that was as good as the best songs on the first 3 albums.
"Bust a Nut" a bomb?? It went Gold in 1995, which was a pretty big accomplishment at the time.
whiteowl yesterday

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

tesla.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:58 am Gotta go with Cinderella here.
Tesla is winning by a landslide but I agree. Great Radio was a huge let down for me. It’s only half good. I find Winter to be all killer.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Indy_Rob wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:24 pm Tesla and its not even close.

Mechanical is a perfect album and Great Radio is fairly close. Bit of a drop off on Pyschotic Supper for me (yeah, I know everyone else nutswings that album) but still good.

Cinderella's Night Songs is great but the faux blues shit after that was lame.
I always felt the opposite. Radio was a letdown for me outside of the singles and Paradise. I also find Mechanical a lacking a little. Supper is my favorite by them hands down.

Big fan of. Cinderella’s faux blues shit. They were also a way better live band than Tesla. I never saw Tesla give a memorable performance. I was always underwhelmed by them

Cinderella were always great live
jens

Post by jens »

LAglamrocker wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:25 am Tesla 2/10 in Metal Edge world over hype overrated . Singer sounds like trash music almost worse

Cinderella 10
Is this man ever wrong?