Concerts you regret going to

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Concerts you regret going to

Post by GoodJudge »

alexleehooker wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:16 am
GoodJudge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:09 am
alexleehooker wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:39 pm I saw BYB around then they began doing regular gigs in London starting with a showcase at King’s Cross water rats they’d recently signed to I think East West.
IIRC I was at that Water Rats show. It was a regular place for showcase gigs. Just saying. I don't regret going.
yeah for the opening band Ginger from the wildhearts did a set with friends as 'the unrehearsed'. I don't regret that gig either it was awesome
If it was the Unrehearsed show, I was definitely there. I went to anything and everything Ginger / WHs-related for many years.

Back to regrets - I've probably mentioned before a Brazilian thrash band called Korzus. Painfully loud, painfully crap.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Kansas
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
alexleehooker
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by alexleehooker »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:44 am

IIRC I was at that Water Rats show. It was a regular place for showcase gigs. Just saying. I don't regret going.
yeah for the opening band Ginger from the wildhearts did a set with friends as 'the unrehearsed'. I don't regret that gig either it was awesome
If it was the Unrehearsed show, I was definitely there. I went to anything and everything Ginger / WHs-related for many years.

Back to regrets - I've probably mentioned before a Brazilian thrash band called Korzus. Painfully loud, painfully crap.

Yeah and at the end of the Unrehearsed set Ginger walked into the crowd, and walked over and leant against me as he played a guitar solo. Cant remember the song but they did some Aerosmith , Hanoi rocks, maybe ‘anthem’ by the wildhearts….awesome gig from start to finish definately not a regret.

But back to the regrets, I’ve not heard of that band you saw ‘korzus’ did you buy the ticket to see them ? Or were they some support act you unfortunately arrived too early and had to endure?
alexleehooker
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by alexleehooker »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:44 am

Yeah and at the end of the Unrehearsed set Ginger walked into the crowd, and walked over and leant against me as he played a guitar solo. Cant remember the song but they did some Aerosmith , Hanoi rocks, maybe ‘anthem’ by the wildhearts….awesome gig from start to finish definately not a regret.

But back to the regrets, I’ve not heard of that band you saw ‘korzus’ did you buy the ticket to see them ? Or were they some support act you unfortunately arrived too early and had to endure?
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

alexleehooker wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:09 pm
GoodJudge wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:44 am Back to regrets - I've probably mentioned before a Brazilian thrash band called Korzus. Painfully loud, painfully crap.
It was 1991, Sepultura were in London either recording or doing promo for Arise, there was a rumour that at least one of them would support their fellow-countrymen with a guest appearance. Hence the Marquee was packed. Spoiler: no-one from Sepultura was there. I recall retreating to the foyer for a bit to let my ears relax and lots of people were doing the same.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

veritas wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:51 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:59 pm
veritas wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:54 amwith the fn stupid, cheap ass looking dragon.....
So funny how Dio prolly looked at the Powerslave stage, and said "Wait till the kids see what i've got in store for them!!", not realizing his dungeons and dragons narration playacting was lame as hell, while eddie towering over the whole band was cool as hell.
yep. and the whole Murray on the cover of the albums was a sad attempt at an "Eddie thing." Embarrassing.
Dio usually tried to channel a style that was popular at the time, no matter if it was 1963, 1973 or 1983. Only after Angry Machines he realized he can't keep up with the "hip modern artists" at 55. I'm a Dio fan, Sabbath/Rainbow Dio even more, but his trend jumping can't be denied.
jetboy
Picking a Band Name

Post by jetboy »

Ace Frehley a few years ago. It was free but I still felt like asking for a refund because he was absolute shit.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

jetboy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:43 am Ace Frehley a few years ago. It was free but I still felt like asking for a refund because he was absolute shit.
This more than a decade ago.

Others

Motley Crue all three times I saw them
Queensryche most overrated live band in Sludge history
Quiet Riot see Motley Crue
Bob Dylan 2010s
Soundgarden lame
AIC lamer
Pantera lamerest
Dokken lamest of the lame
WASP was way worse than Dokken and all those other hack bands I mentioned above
Tesla have never been overly impressive
Warrant were always on the shitty side of things especially after Steven and Joey left.

I shoulda went to see Rush, Green Day and scab Bang Tango with Chip instead
gruentransfer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by gruentransfer »

Van Halen with Cherone singing. I found Bon Jovi and Def Leppard boring back in the day too.
You should always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!