PAUL STANLEY: KISS Fans " Got The Wrong Impression Initially Of The Avatars "

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

PAUL STANLEY: KISS Fans " Got The Wrong Impression Initially Of The Avatars "

Post by maninblack »

Paul Stanley said in a recent interview that KISS fans 'Got The Wrong Impression Initially Of The Avatars'. The purpose, ultimately, is not that we're being replaced by flying avatars. It's just another way of diversifying what KISS is."

Whatever that means? link below ( Stanley is without his trademark KISS red lipstick and mascara in the photo )

https://blabbermouth.net/news/paul-stan ... he-avatars
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: PAUL STANLEY: KISS Fans " Got The Wrong Impression Initially Of The Avatars "

Post by Turner Coates »

Translation:
"The reaction to the avatars was not what we hoped for, so we're thinking about re-tooling."

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: PAUL STANLEY: KISS Fans " Got The Wrong Impression Initially Of The Avatars "

Post by maninblack »

Turner Coates wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:31 am Translation:
"The reaction to the avatars was not what we hoped for, so we're thinking about re-tooling."
That sounds correct.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

A Kiss avatar concert with the images of Tommy and Eric reminds of the Dukes of Hazzard Saturday morning cartoon with Coy and Vance.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

I think paul would have liked his avatar to have broader hips and plumper lips. Also a pink sequined blouse like on dynasty tour, with his usual pair of black heels.
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

KISS fans didn't get the wrong impression. The avatars look like shit. If they weren't ready for public consumption then they shouldn't have had that be the last thing fans saw at the final KISS show ever. I WAZ THERE at the Garden. KISS fans from around the globe came for that concert. The post-show consensus was overwhelming: What the fuck kind of garbage was that?
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:07 am KISS fans didn't get the wrong impression. The avatars look like shit.
:!:
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:07 am KISS fans didn't get the wrong impression. The avatars look like shit. If they weren't ready for public consumption then they shouldn't have had that be the last thing fans saw at the final KISS show ever. I WAZ THERE at the Garden. KISS fans from around the globe came for that concert. The post-show consensus was overwhelming: What the fuck kind of garbage was that?
Hey, ya can't blame them for trying to get more money from you....even after they're gone....can you?

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Has it been revealed how many people have asked for their money back yet? KISS said the last concert would have some surprises. The only surprise was how shít it was. After the show the band disappeared for three weeks.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Stanley Eisen will die before he gives up the corporate PR speak and allows himself to relax and talk like a regular person again.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

no they didnt. It's stupid
The power of Sludge compels you.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

At the final KISS live show they played a video with the avatars where digital Paul announced "The new KISS era starts now"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLQjnVNVe3w

Pretty sure we got the right impression. If this was supposed to just be an addition or side project they would've launched it or at least previewed it sooner. It sure as heck sounded like it was supposed to be the continuation of KISS now that the real live band is retired.

On a side note...I'm happy to see Gene is doing at least one solo show. I didn't even think about that. Hopefully Paul will too and maybe even get Bruce Kulick on guitar and play some of the 80's songs. Or even Gene and Paul together no-makeup doing more low key shows. That would be a better send off than the digital/avatars.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

This just in from KISS Headquarters:

"We're going to build a roller coaster instead."

VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Tommys head is normal sized as a avatar
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Really? I got the impression that you thought you were doing something awesome and revolutionary, but in reality, you were doing the Spencer's Gifts-version of what Abba already did, and you did it on the cheap, and it looked like shit, cause you have no vision or knowledge of what people would actually want, and certainly wouldnt shell out the upfront cash to make it happen if you did.

Sorry I got the wrong impression, Paul.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

Are they getting cold feet?
Lots of money to be spent and lukewarm reception is an exaggeration.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Zinny wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:27 pm Are they getting cold feet?
Lots of money to be spent and lukewarm reception is an exaggeration.
Its embarrassing that they fell on their face with the reception, but it's actually probably a good thing for them. All they did was make a 2 minute CG video using motion capture. That couldnt have cost much, and they get a test market of millions saying it was bullshit. If they pivit or give it up, it wouldnt be as much money down the drain as if they'd gone full force with the idea, only to find there's no demand .
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

Most of us just don’t give a shit about watching cartoons unless there’s a dog, a van, and Don Knotts or the Harlem Globetrotters.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

roxxxtar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:35 pm Most of us just don’t give a shit about watching cartoons unless there’s a dog, a van, and Don Knotts or the Harlem Globetrotters.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Paul is 72 years old today. It is his birthday. So did Ace send him a card?
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

maninblack wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:48 am Paul is 72 years old today. It is his birthday. So did Ace send him a card?
Yes....along with a single ear bud and a pair of feather weight loafers.

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Turner Coates wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:54 am
maninblack wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:48 am Paul is 72 years old today. It is his birthday. So did Ace send him a card?
Yes....along with a single ear bud and a pair of feather weight loafers.
:lol:

And a f**k off note :lol:
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

roxxxtar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:35 pm Most of us just don’t give a shit about watching cartoons unless there’s a dog, a van, and Don Knotts or the Harlem Globetrotters.
And they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that pesky audience.
ImageImage
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:09 am
And they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that pesky audience.
:lol:
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:15 am Hopefully Paul will too and maybe even get Bruce Kulick on guitar and play some of the 80's songs.

Hopelessly, Paul will get Eric Singer on drums and play some of the 60s songs of Motown.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

This is stupid to say a month and a half later. 1) It was stupid to tack on a commercial to the last live show. 2) If they were half-assed, why reveal them then? Tease that it isn't over and reveal whatever it is they're creating when it's ready for prime time. 3) If it was to "test the waters", I'm going to say this project will vanish before it is finished.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Aye, they might try to let it vanish. They said that the last concert was going to have some surprises, but, what surprises were there? Other than the avatar thing they copied off ABBA, what surprises. We, and the crowd, some whom travelled the globe to be there expected Ace and Peter and others to be there. I expected Paul to appear for the encore in a Hobble Skirt and some Louboutin heels, but that didnt happen either. So where did they hide these surprises?
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:41 am
DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:15 am Hopefully Paul will too and maybe even get Bruce Kulick on guitar and play some of the 80's songs.

Hopelessly, Paul will get Eric Singer on drums and play some of the 60s songs of Motown.

fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

Nobody is going to give a flying fuck about Kiss in a couple years, so this avatar thing is going nowhere. That’s why they will reunite again and play more shows before they are forgotten about.