BRAVO DAVE ….. David Lee Roth unloads Dirt on ‘The Chosen One’ Wolfgang Van Halen and Metal Sludge opts to Pile On

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

BRAVO DAVE ….. David Lee Roth unloads Dirt on ‘The Chosen One’ Wolfgang Van Halen and Metal Sludge opts to Pile On

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BRAVO DAVE …..
David Lee Roth unloads the Dirt on ‘The Chosen One’ Wolfgang Van Halen and Metal Sludge elects to Pile On
#davidleeroth #diamonddave #daveroth #wolfgangvanhalen #vh #vanhalen #eddievanhalen #alexvanhalen #ouch #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/bravo-dave-david ... o-pile-on/

$tEvil
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: BRAVO DAVE ….. David Lee Roth unloads Dirt on ‘The Chosen One’ Wolfgang Van Halen and Metal Sludge opts to Pile On

Post by TooOldToCare »

To some degree, I understand why this interests or bugs you since this is your industry, and you've been transparent with the good, the bad, and the ugly. At the same time, who gives a flying F about someone or something that does not impact you? We all bitch and moan on the internet and IRL...we're humans, and that's what we do. We choose sides for right or wrong reasons, and that's the course of life. I'm about your age, and the older I get, the fewer things ruffle my feathers. I have zero skin in this industry, though I can sort of jam, and I used to be able to sing pretty well for a cover band guy, but that was a decade ago. Work is the only thing that truly works me up, but my countdown clock is on. And at the end of the day, this is what Sludge is all about, and I'm here for it. I'm just saying that human nature is a curious thing.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: BRAVO DAVE ….. David Lee Roth unloads Dirt on ‘The Chosen One’ Wolfgang Van Halen and Metal Sludge opts to Pile On

Post by ParaDime77 »

TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:11 pm To some degree, I understand why this interests or bugs you since this is your industry, and you've been transparent with the good, the bad, and the ugly. At the same time, who gives a flying F about someone or something that does not impact you? We all bitch and moan on the internet and IRL...we're humans, and that's what we do. We choose sides for right or wrong reasons, and that's the course of life. I'm about your age, and the older I get, the fewer things ruffle my feathers. I have zero skin in this industry, though I can sort of jam, and I used to be able to sing pretty well for a cover band guy, but that was a decade ago. Work is the only thing that truly works me up, but my countdown clock is on. And at the end of the day, this is what Sludge is all about, and I'm here for it. I'm just saying that human nature is a curious thing.
It drives clicks.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

ParaDime77 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:13 pm
TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:11 pm To some degree, I understand why this interests or bugs you since this is your industry, and you've been transparent with the good, the bad, and the ugly. At the same time, who gives a flying F about someone or something that does not impact you? We all bitch and moan on the internet and IRL...we're humans, and that's what we do. We choose sides for right or wrong reasons, and that's the course of life. I'm about your age, and the older I get, the fewer things ruffle my feathers. I have zero skin in this industry, though I can sort of jam, and I used to be able to sing pretty well for a cover band guy, but that was a decade ago. Work is the only thing that truly works me up, but my countdown clock is on. And at the end of the day, this is what Sludge is all about, and I'm here for it. I'm just saying that human nature is a curious thing.
It drives clicks.
Money for nothing, and your clicks for free.
Last edited by Bono Nettencourt on Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

I am damn sure that solo in Take A Bow is Eddie. He took it from the 5150 vaults and passed it off as his.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
EddiesCancerTongue
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddiesCancerTongue »

I hate to say it, but it sounds like the apple didn't fall far from the tree in this instance.
Metal! wrote:I know you don't mean that. You are just being Sludgy.
Out of the Cellar wrote:Listening to Jeff Beck makes you wanna look at your fingers and say, "fuck you".
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

EddiesCancerTongue wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:03 am I hate to say it, but it sounds like the apple didn't fall far from the tree in this instance.
Well going back to the 1st tour in 2007 it was Team VH vs Team Dave - they had their own tour busses, and Dave's dressing area was back in a corner as far from the bros. & little lord fuckpants as possible. Can't believe the balls on the kid tho fucking with Roth on the last tour. What a spoiled brat.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Anyone else think Alex and Eddie were telling Wolfie to do it to fuck with Roth???
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

Anyone else think Dave might have a terminal condition, and is unloading now because of it?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Crossed my mind.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

rubysdad wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:59 pm Anyone else think Dave might have a terminal condition, and is unloading now because of it?
Could be... but my guess is something along those lines... just age in general... I mean, Dave is gonna be 70 this year.

Guys are dropping like flies and while Dave is healthy in some aspects, he's DEF done some sh!t, and I've heard, still does...

One bad decision with a lady friend, a nite of fun, she's younger, likes to "party" and Dave does a line or two, and the next morning he is on TMZ!

Dave was always a loudmouth, the class clown, and wanted attention and thensome... nothing has changed, except for the date and his hair.

He will likely more than ever keep talking, and seeing the clicks, the dial turning, the press, and the "Did you see what Dave said?" effect is addicting, more to come.

Also... Al is essentially Bobby Dall... when was the last time you heard a word from either? You haven't... outside a few interviews, neither says sh!t or likely cares.

So Dave and Sammy get to battle it out... Michael Anthony is Switzerland, and has been his entire life... like Rob Affusso.

Dave sees the Wombat is getting a good amount of attention, and Dave doesn't likely feel it's worthy nor earned, as he said "between the lines" in this clip.

In short... WVH is stealing and hogging all the shine and DLR ain't gonna let that happen without him having a say! All fact.

But... Dave and Eddie had the biggest feud, as did Sammy & Ed... give it time, Sammy might just unload on Waffles too!

When Ed was alive, there was little to no chance Dave would have re-released ALL of those songs... Ed would have been furious and Al don't care, so Dave is gonna let it fly.

The only person left to counter any of that, is Wonder Bread... and give it time, he too will start to bash Dave too... I am willing to bet on that.

Wolfboy has a lot of cache' in the industry, and it's gonna grow, like his size, and it's just the branding alone... it's very valuable.

A new post on BM is all about his new guitar model, and he holds the Pen, to sign off on so much related to the VH history... so the industry will suck his ball bag for life.

I am #teamdave #teamsam and #teammichael too!

$tEvil
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

rubysdad wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:59 pm Anyone else think Dave might have a terminal condition, and is unloading now because of it?
I think you're right. He all but said that explicitly when he announced his retirement:
https://variety.com/2021/music/news/dav ... 235079397/

Roth said, “I am encouraged and compelled to really come to grips with how short time is, and my time is probably even shorter. … I thought I might have been the first, frankly … ‘Hey Ed, objects in the rear-view mirror are probably me.’ And my doctors, my handlers, compelled me to really address that every time I go onstage, I endanger that future.”
kanister
Headlining Clubs

Post by kanister »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:12 am

But... Dave and Eddie had the biggest feud, as did Sammy & Ed... give it time, Sammy might just unload on Waffles too!

$tEvil
Could be. But if Hagar has any sense this is a rare chance for him to try to look good in comparison to DLR. Half of the people commenting on Dave`s WVH video are against him.

I´m in team Dave. Never liked the mammoth or his music.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

That, and since there's no more reason to maintain detente because there's no more Van Halen, he's letting the skeletons outta the closet. WVH and Pop have teed Dave up several times over the years and he's taken the high road. Not no mo', I guess.