Ace Frehley On His Absence From KISS's Final Show: 'I Did Try, But I Couldn't Make It Happen'

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Ace Frehley On His Absence From KISS's Final Show: 'I Did Try, But I Couldn't Make It Happen'

Post by maninblack »

"Fans would constantly reach out to me and say, 'Ace, please come back to the band,'" Frehley explained. "So the fans were and are my primary motivators, and I want them to know that I did try, but I couldn't make it happen. They never asked me."

Link

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ace-frehl ... -it-happen

Frehley dismisses the idea that his well-documented troubles with drugs and alcohol could ever have been a reason for former bandmates and KISS leaders Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley not reaching out to him. "I'm sober, and all my friends and associates will tell you as much," he stated categorically. "I got to the point in life where drugs and alcohol had taken me over, and I'm just so happy to be away from all that."
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: Ace Frehley On His Absence From KISS's Final Show: 'I Did Try, But I Couldn't Make It Happen'

Post by Black Stuff »

Guess he didn't try too hard as his last line is "they never asked me"
The power of Sludge compels you.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Ace Frehley On His Absence From KISS's Final Show: 'I Did Try, But I Couldn't Make It Happen'

Post by maninblack »

I would imagine he was banking on it happening to get some retirement money. Only speculation of course.
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

Didn’t he publicly announce that his services would cost Kiss $250.000 and G&P did not respond to the offer?
That’s Ace trying hard :D
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Zinny wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:46 am Didn’t he publicly announce that his services would cost Kiss $250.000 and G&P did not respond to the offer?
That’s Ace trying hard :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sounds about right. Abe Freshly-super genius!
The power of Sludge compels you.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Why should Ace have played for free for douchebags Gene and Paul? Ace gave his price, they declined and ended up with probably the most disappointing final show in rock history - everybody should just move on.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:16 pm Why should Ace have played for free for douchebags Gene and Paul? Ace gave his price, they declined and ended up with probably the most disappointing final show in rock history - everybody should just move on.
Gene and Paul, who never do anything if there's not $ attached, expect others to work "for the honor, for the fans, and we'll have refreshments backstage..."
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

There will be more shows. I thnk they will announce more. They will be wanting money.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

maninblack wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:25 pm There will be more shows. I thnk they will announce more. They will be wanting money.
But they'll never catch up with Ace now.
He's on a rocket to stardom!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvUmkVIOR_M

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Turner Coates wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 pm
maninblack wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:25 pm There will be more shows. I thnk they will announce more. They will be wanting money.
But they'll never catch up with Ace now.
He's on a rocket to stardom!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvUmkVIOR_M
I enjoyed that song. I have never heard of the stardust cowboy before. His record cover is very like frehleys, and he also " is going to get higher than the sun ". Great song.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Didn’t Ace say KISS couldn’t do a final tour without him because fans would demand his return?
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

You would have thought that genius would have gotten it through his big, smart brain that he wasn't invited after he attempted to blackmail Paul, then Paul called him and told him to "Go fuck yourself".
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

And even before fuckwit did that he did the infamous “the gloves are off!” post around 2019 when he said Gene sexually abused his fiancé and give him his rightful place back in the band or he’ll tell everyone what happened.

How did that work out for you Ace?