Joe Rogan's Spotify Deal Renewal Worth Up to $250M, Podcast Will No Longer Be Exclusive to the Platform

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Joe Rogan's Spotify Deal Renewal Worth Up to $250M, Podcast Will No Longer Be Exclusive to the Platform

Post by Nate S Axel »

Neil Young and Joni Mitchell probably aren't so happy. Who should Rogan interview next? Eddie Trunk? Ace Frehley? Stevie Rachelle? LAglamrocker?

https://www.wsj.com/business/media/joe- ... l-28eb5f74
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/02/spotify ... rogan.html
https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/j ... 235895424/
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: Joe Rogan's Spotify Deal Renewal Worth Up to $250M, Podcast Will No Longer Be Exclusive to the Platform

Post by BDG135 »

Has Jelly Roll been on yet?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Nate S Axel

Re: Joe Rogan's Spotify Deal Renewal Worth Up to $250M, Podcast Will No Longer Be Exclusive to the Platform

Post by Nate S Axel »

https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I thought he might. He's more likely to find musicians that are currently popular.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Can't stand him. He gets some great guests, but Rogan is a cunt.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:11 pm Can't stand him. He gets some great guests, but Rogan is a cunt.
Why? I gotta here this…….
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

ParaDime77 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:01 pm
TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:11 pm Can't stand him. He gets some great guests, but Rogan is a cunt.
Why? Do you want to suck off every “celebrity”? I've never cared for him since News Radio. He was a hack comedian. Fear Factor was shit. He's the most annoying UFC commentator. And he fancies himself a know it all. He's an unlikable cunt for me. Sick as fuck of DMT, DMT, and of course DMT. Therefore, for me, he's a cunt. I don't have to like his “output”. Many of his guests, Brian Cox for example, are genius level, and Joe thinks he's keeping up. He really believes that then says nonsensical shit.
Last edited by TooOldToCare on Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

So they'll literally give a quarter of a bil to anybody then eh? Guy is a meathead with a capital MEAT. Agreed, last good thing he did was Newsradio and with that cast you'd have to be a pretty huge fuckup to not be funny...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
BusterHyman
Saving Up For a Guitar

Post by BusterHyman »

To many really bad hacky comedians on. I don’t care about the inner workings of The Comedy Store.
He says he wouldn’t be able to form an opinion on things like Covid unless he had the exposure to so many bright people.
So if your an Average Joe I guess your out of luck.
Carolla was similar in that there was a peak of his podcast, (2010-2011), than he got angry and the whole act got old.
Rogan peaked in 2019.
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

250 million? Good lord that's a lot of money! How much to just lick his fingers?
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:51 pm
Why? Do you want to suck off every “celebrity”? I've never cared for him since News Radio. He was a hack comedian. Fear Factor was shit. He's the most annoying UFC commentator. And he fancies himself a know it all. He's an unlikable cunt for me. Sick as fuck of DMT, DMT, and of course DMT. Therefore, for me, he's a cunt. I don't have to like his “output”. Many of his guests, Brian Cox for example, are genius level, and Joe thinks he's keeping up. He really believes that then says nonsensical shit.
Crazy so many people listen to the guy. lol
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

killdrum wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:41 pm

I've never gotten into podcasts, in general, but Rogan clips are all over YT. So I'll check out a clip if Brian Cox or Brian Greene is on. I'm into astrophysics. Maybe Degrasse Tyson (but he's pompous AF).
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

I don't give a fuck about UFC, his standup comedy or Fear Factor, but I do like his podcast, because if the guest interests me, at least you get a 2 hr conversation instead of regular 5 minute interviews.

That first DLR podcast was incredible.... If only for the story of his music teacher who told him to make every performance count, because in the nazi camps if your performance didn't count, you went up the chimney. Chilling....

Undertaker was pretty good too. Hullk hogan not so much. Hogan lies every 3 words and Rogan does not have the knowledge to call him out on it.
That guy who is like an expert on CIA and international conflict is a great guest too....
Metal Heart
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Metal Heart »

Rogan is fantastic. I don't have the time or inclination to listen to anyone's podcast. But what I have heard of Rogan has been very entertaining and at times enlightening. I imagine he is very polarizing since he isn't 100% in one corner politically.
"Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way." - Axl Rose
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

TooOldToCare wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:44 pm
killdrum wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:41 pm

I've never gotten into podcasts, in general, but Rogan clips are all over YT. So I'll check out a clip if Brian Cox or Brian Greene is on. I'm into astrophysics. Maybe Degrasse Tyson (but he's pompous AF).
There seemed to be a bit of tension between the two on one of the last ones Rogan did with Tyson for that very reason.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

I liked him on fear factor. He's hyperbolic when he does ufc. Never listened to a full podcast he has done.

That is a big chunk of change for a podcast! Good for him i guess.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....