Roth keeps trolling WOLF !!!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Roth keeps trolling WOLF !!!

Post by chungasrevenge »

Dave at the end of the road with nothing left to lose. Kind of sad, but keep it coming. The main beef is probably that Wolf has more control over VH catalog than he does and will control it when the living members croak soon. He signed away his rights to the classic catalog for the reunion. So he sees Wolf releasing albums, playing with Dave Grohl and Metallica. Meanwhile Dave releases his acoustic stuff and DLR show that basically nobody cares about and gets like 20K views on average. Sam and Mike are going out this summer. You can only do so much kung fu and painting. So much misery with this outfit. It couldn't end any other way.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

His head is so fat it looks like he’s got little cutesy miniature aviators on like his old man had the Little Guitars strat.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

His beard is red.
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

That’s good sludge!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

chungasrevenge wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:29 pm Dave at the end of the road with nothing left to lose. Kind of sad, but keep it coming. The main beef is probably that Wolf has more control over VH catalog than he does and will control it when the living members croak soon. He signed away his rights to the classic catalog for the reunion. So he sees Wolf releasing albums, playing with Dave Grohl and Metallica. Meanwhile Dave releases his acoustic stuff and DLR show that basically nobody cares about and gets like 20K views on average. Sam and Mike are going out this summer. You can only do so much kung fu and painting. So much misery with this outfit. It couldn't end any other way.
i don't remember hearing that roth signed over anything to anyone. besides that, doesn't the record company that owns the publishing or at very least distribution rights, have more of a say in what gets played where?
mfgtr
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by mfgtr »

Translation:

Edward’s cumshot from 31 years ago is having a better life than Dave. Releasing new music , enjoying his new wife

Meanwhile Roth sits in a room and records himself talking endlessly - still unable to form or maintain any lasting relationships , professional or personal.

“ Making all his nowhere plans for nobody “
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

I think that’s an oversimplification. Roth has lived a hundred lives. Even if you take the music stuff out of it he’s still lived a hundred lives. Wolfgunt hates himself (he said so a while back) and plays video games and eats pizza on his honeymoon with his mom’s cats. Yeah he can play a show for 90 minutes but there’s still the rest of the day to get through. Dave is in his whacked out ADHD world, he’s happy.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

chungasrevenge wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:29 pm Dave at the end of the road with nothing left to lose. Kind of sad, but keep it coming. The main beef is probably that Wolf has more control over VH catalog than he does and will control it when the living members croak soon. He signed away his rights to the classic catalog for the reunion. So he sees Wolf releasing albums, playing with Dave Grohl and Metallica. Meanwhile Dave releases his acoustic stuff and DLR show that basically nobody cares about and gets like 20K views on average. Sam and Mike are going out this summer. You can only do so much kung fu and painting. So much misery with this outfit. It couldn't end any other way.
You're aware Roth is a multi, multi millionaire and doesn't give a fuck, right?
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

Strange how Wolfie manages to get under DLR’s skin!
They both have enough money to last a couple of lifetimes and they can live the rest of their lives without ever cross paths, despite their mutual Van Halen history, so why even talk about each other? If a journalist asks, why not just jump to the next question?
Nobody wants to hear ADKOT on streaming services anyways.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:11 am What did tubby do to piss Diamond Dave off?

Stopped playing in a band with him
MisterSinister
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by MisterSinister »

Roth would have absolutely done nothing musical again if not for Wolf persuading his dad to resuscitate Van Halen.
He should be a fucking man and stop insulting his old friend’s kid. What a bitch move.

Also, Alex is still alive and has athlete sons, right? They might choose to handle things the old fashioned way if Dave keeps flapping his fucking gums.
Nibbler
Forming a Band

Post by Nibbler »

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:11 am What did tubby do to piss Diamond Dave off?
Said being Ed’s kid was a hindrance not a benefit to his career.

Dropped a few barbs in the press about Dave.

Blamed Dave for ADKOT not being on streaming anymore when it seems to be a business thing that Al was just as much a part of.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

You know, David Lee Roth has mostly come across like an anachronistic embarrassment over the years, especially his weird videos.

BUT this one is fucking great. Classic opening. And then the back and forth with Wolfie and the therapist or whomever is just really well scripted, clever, and incredibly biting, but in a witty way.

Good stuff.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

MisterSinister wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:11 am Roth would have absolutely done nothing musical again if not for Wolf persuading his dad to resuscitate Van Halen.
He should be a fucking man and stop insulting his old friend’s kid. What a bitch move.

Also, Alex is still alive and has athlete sons, right? They might choose to handle things the old fashioned way if Dave keeps flapping his fucking gums.
Don't kid yourself - Ed and Al needed the reunion just as bad as Dave, they both had divorces to pay for. They reached out to him in 04 but he pulled out because he correctly assessed that Eddie was in no shape to tour. Spazzy, however, had no such qualms.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Nobody that size of Wolfie in their 30s is happy deep down inside.

We all know this from reading his Twitter. And he can't see seem to keep Dave's name "out his fuckin mouth."
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Anthrax442 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:21 pm I get Roth not liking Tokyo Dome, even though it still gets played on the Boneyard pretty regularly, but I don't understand not liking A Different Kind of Truth. Clearly, he did all the artwork, he did all the backstage videos that are on the deluxe edition, and those are HIS songs. Just seems like he's cutting off his nose to spite his face there.
I agree. Weird (really weird) that he supposedly doesn’t like ADKOT. That’s the best thing he’s done or been involved with since 1986. He’ll never come close to being involved again in that type of rock stuff ever again (based on what he’s been putting out lately one song at at time).

And although I’d agree with not liking Live From Tokyo, I thought that was Dave’s idea? Terrible vocals and all.
VicStelly
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by VicStelly »

This is pathetic. At least in the past the promise of new music was there. Wolf may be a pig but he needs to stay out of this trough.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Zinny wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:22 am Strange how Wolfie manages to get under DLR’s skin!
They both have enough money to last a couple of lifetimes and they can live the rest of their lives without ever cross paths, despite their mutual Van Halen history, so why even talk about each other? If a journalist asks, why not just jump to the next question?
Nobody wants to hear ADKOT on streaming services anyways.
Dave's reaction to some pissant 30 something year old man-child talking shit for years about you has a way of getting under your skin.

That said, I doubt Dave gives a flying fuck. He's just having a laugh and the guy talking shit about you is such an easy target, so why not?

By the way, skinny jeans on some giant fat guy is such a bad look. I see things like that, and I wonder....maybe the people working for Wolfie don't like him very much.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Fletch wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:44 pm
Anthrax442 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:21 pm I get Roth not liking Tokyo Dome, even though it still gets played on the Boneyard pretty regularly, but I don't understand not liking A Different Kind of Truth. Clearly, he did all the artwork, he did all the backstage videos that are on the deluxe edition, and those are HIS songs. Just seems like he's cutting off his nose to spite his face there.
I agree. Weird (really weird) that he supposedly doesn’t like ADKOT. That’s the best thing he’s done or been involved with since 1986. He’ll never come close to being involved again in that type of rock stuff ever again (based on what he’s been putting out lately one song at at time).
Why do so many ppl here believe that ADKOT was a good record... they had to go back to the 77 demos because Eddie couldn't write anymore, and the one new song that they did put out sucked donkey balls. Dave and Al are absolutely right to bury it, and it speaks well of them for realizing that the bands' legacy is more important than squeezing a few more pennies from the worst non-Hagar/Cherone record that they made.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

i don't think Dave is saying he doesn't LIKE ADKOT.

he's saying that it was a commercial flop and the juice ain't worth the squeeze to renegotiate rights and make a streaming deal, when they get paid virtually nothing (and the lawyer's fees will be exorbitant - I still chuckle at the Wolfie voice saying something like "I don't want to pay a fighter to go to Princeton". )

and it sounds like is in agreement with Roth.

The basic point underlying this is Roth telling Fatboy that he doesn't understand the business and is just self-centered about wanting "his" VH album to be on streaming services, and is blaming Roth for it.

Roth is smacking this entitled fuck because Wolfie has repeatedly suggested Roth was difficult and to be blamed for various VH problems.
Last edited by veritas on Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:34 pm
Why do so many ppl here believe that ADKOT was a good record... they had to go back to the 77 demos because Eddie couldn't write anymore, and the one new song that they did put out sucked donkey balls. Dave and Al are absolutely right to bury it, and it speaks well of them for realizing that the bands' legacy is more important than squeezing a few more pennies from the worst non-Hagar/Cherone record that they made.
It’s the ultimate cut and paste album. Has small sections of songs that can be good, but is truly a disjointed effort.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

ParaDime77 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:01 pm
It’s the ultimate cut and paste album. Has small sections of songs that can be good, but is truly a disjointed effort.
Counterpoint: Even a shitty Van Halen album with Roth is MILES better than anything in a lot bands entire discographies.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

MisterSinister wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:11 am Roth would have absolutely done nothing musical again if not for Wolf persuading his dad to resuscitate Van Halen.

Dave'll definitely need to be "wearing a fucking cup" if that happens!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Shredderpete

Post by Shredderpete »

What a sad old man who looks like a cartoon turtle.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

maninblack wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:04 pm His beard is red.
That's spaghetti sauce
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

And although I’d agree with not liking Live From Tokyo, I thought that was Dave’s idea? Terrible vocals and all.
Roth is at an age of introspection, especially after Ed's death.

He's reached the same conclusion that many fans have: Van Halen is Ed, Al, Dave and Mikey.

Accept no substitutes.
Metal Judge
Headlining Clubs

Post by Metal Judge »

Someone cliff note me here please…

Did Roth and Al both say somewhere that they do not like the album, ADKOT?
To be honest, I’ve never heard it before and when it came out I refused to listen to any song from it.
No Mike, NO Van Halen!
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Z28 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:27 am WOW
https://fb.watch/p_96seleI0/

I have been traveling for the last 30 hours, and was tying up the loose ends for that final 48 in Thailand...

With that... this... is AMAZING!

I mean... THIS!

ALL THIS!

Go Dave!

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BDG135 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:11 am Eddie Trunk
@EddieTrunk
Hard to figure out what’s going on w/ @DavidLeeRoth
lately. Again he’s gone after @WolfVanHalen
today. Dave happy to have you on anytime to explain all this. this gives us a glimpse inside the much discussed @VanHalen
dysfunction.
Has Roth EVER been on Eddie Trunk?

My guess is, Dave would think any and all of that stuff is below his belt.

Why go on any of these radio shows? There is no reason, they're ALL talking about this (Dave) anyway.

I have a feeling Dave gave Wolfgang a pass or two... and the second he remotely sneered at Roth, it was on.

Ed died... okay... let you sulk for a year or two... but now... it's game on... and there is more to come.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

skinni wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:15 am Hilarious :D :D

I expected WVH to respond to previous DLR rant. Perhaps he's matured.... or is too scared to engage in a public feud with Roth.
Wolfgang is arrogant as F#@k... deep down... he is his Dad.. with MUCHLESS to offer in every single category in the ways of talent and image. #fact

If Porky opts to swing at Dave... my guess there will be fireworks... or Roth will ignore him like a peasant.

$tEvil