People who deeply regretted quitting their band?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: People who deeply regretted quitting their band?

Post by CrankerBait »

Not sure if he quit or was fired, but Terry Chimes left the Clash after their first album, only to rejoin them for the Combat Rock tour. Don't know if he regretted it or not, but he would have missed out any royalties he might have gotten for their most successful releases.
windycitycane
Taking Music Lessons

Post by windycitycane »

I always thought Janet Gardner quitting Vixen was a bad move.
Why not just tour sporadically solo and stay in the band?
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:51 pm

Jake E Lee, who officially got fired for tardiness.
That was the original excuse. Nowdays Ozzy blames Randy Castillo for Jake's firing. He says Randy turned against Jake and convinced him to fire him. Jake says Phil Soussan was the guy responsible, had a hit with shot in the dark and was telling Ozzy they don't need Jake anymore because he could write the hits himself.

Doesn't seem like there was any good reason for firing him. I doubt he regrets it though since he was asked to rejoin in 1994 in 2007 and turned it down.
Ozzy Stradlin
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

DangerZone wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:07 am Can’t believe Peter criss hasn’t been named
That’s because he was fired.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:47 am Has the guy from the Beatles been mentioned yet? Pete Best.
He was fired.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

CrankerBait wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:35 am Not sure if he quit or was fired, but Terry Chimes left the Clash after their first album, only to rejoin them for the Combat Rock tour. Don't know if he regretted it or not, but he would have missed out any royalties he might have gotten for their most successful releases.
He was sacked.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

Chris Adler. Lamb of God have had quite a run. Still no idea what actually happened.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:16 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:51 pm

Jake E Lee, who officially got fired for tardiness.
That was the original excuse. Nowdays Ozzy blames Randy Castillo for Jake's firing. He says Randy turned against Jake and convinced him to fire him. Jake says Phil Soussan was the guy responsible, had a hit with shot in the dark and was telling Ozzy they don't need Jake anymore because he could write the hits himself.

Doesn't seem like there was any good reason for firing him. I doubt he regrets it though since he was asked to rejoin in 1994 in 2007 and turned it down.
I think Jake may be kind of a cunt. Always seems to have a drink in his hand. Usually a good indicator.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:16 am
That’s ironic considering he only had one song credit on TUS and it was for a song stolen from his previous band that he didn’t even actually write.

He also has bass fuckups all over that Ultimate Ozzy video.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

rockker wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:28 pm Newsted has to have some regrets…
I never got that vibe from him. I would 100% guess the money he has is the reason for lack of regret though.

I'd assume he did the financial calculations before submitting his resignation.

The fact that he barely and rarely attempted anything musical on a serious level speaks volumes as to his desire and need to do so.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

DangerZone wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:07 am Can’t believe Peter criss hasn’t been named
He didn't quit the first time, he was voted out by Ace. Gene. and Paul. The second time he was holding out for more money and Paul called his bluff for the handful of Farewell tour dates. A couple years later he was rehired when Ace wouldn't come back for the Aerosmith tour. Contractually they needed 3 OG members for that tour and once that tour was done, they went right back to Eric Singer.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:34 am
CrankerBait wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:35 am Not sure if he quit or was fired, but Terry Chimes left the Clash after their first album, only to rejoin them for the Combat Rock tour. Don't know if he regretted it or not, but he would have missed out any royalties he might have gotten for their most successful releases.
He was sacked.
And he only got the job back because they sacked Topper Headon for being strung out on scag.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

How about Al Atkins? Or does he realize that without Rob Priest woudn't have "blown up" like it did?
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:23 am
He was sacked.
And he only got the job back because they sacked Topper Headon for being strung out on scag.
Absolutely, and he didn’t last long after that, either.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:31 am
That’s because he was fired.
Oh, I thought he quit to go be the next Michael McDonald after his solo record sold like hotcakes
CrankerBait

Post by CrankerBait »

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:43 am

He was sacked.
Fortunately for him the second time. Chimes was replaced by a drum machine on Cut the Crap, so he managed to avoid being on one of the worst albums of the 80s. The drum machine probably regrets being on it.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

CrankerBait wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:50 pm
Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:43 am

Fortunately for him the second time. Chimes was replaced by a drum machine on Cut the Crap, so he managed to avoid being on one of the worst albums of the 80s. The drum machine probably regrets being on it.
Actually, they had sacked Chimes and gotten another drummer.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

killdrum wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:40 am Chris Adler. Lamb of God have had quite a run. Still no idea what actually happened.
He didn't quit, he was playing with Megadeth when there was downtime, and then when Dave made him choose, he went back to Lamb of God full time, only to get into a motorcycle accident, and then LoG decided to move on rather than wait around on him.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Deege wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:21 am

David Silvera regrets quitting Korn.
I always thought this was an interesting move. I think he was burned out and cashed up in the idea of opening a restaurant was better than being with a bunch of guys on booze and meth.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
KosmoKramer
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by KosmoKramer »

Matt Smith formerly of Poison?

"By 1985, guitarist Smith was rapidly becoming disillusioned with Poison, as he was about to become a father and was growing doubtful of the band's chances of success. He subsequently left the band and returned home to Pennsylvania, leaving Poison's future very much in doubt." -- Wikipedia
mfgtr
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by mfgtr »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:08 am I think Ace likes the money and notoriety of being in KISS more than actually being in KISS.

I “know someone” who roadied for him for years and maintained a friendship with him AND knew Gene & Paul professionally

YOU NAILED IT !
Ace loves the cash and cache BUT cannot maintain the schedule of a headlining cultural rock phenom on the road.
He doesn’t want & frankly can’t do the 24/7 “ON” that Gene & Paul are naturally. He just wants to do enough work to where he can go back into his private life.

and DAVID LEE ROTH wins for most pathetic after leaving a band. He had it ALL and fell the furthest and seemingly appreciated the reunion least as well. Delusional

! ! !
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Velvis wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:08 am
I never got that vibe from him. I would 100% guess the money he has is the reason for lack of regret though.

The fact that he barely and rarely attempted anything musical on a serious level speaks volumes as to his desire and need to do so.
More like him admitting being on the road was costing him an arm and a leg, and, not having FU money, had to make the decision to pull the plug on NEWSTED to save his ducats.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Charles Bukaki

Post by Charles Bukaki »

David Knopfler leaving Dire Straits a few years before Money For Nothing pushed them into the stratosphere had to have hurt.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:17 pm

More like him admitting being on the road was costing him an arm and a leg, and, not having FU money, had to make the decision to pull the plug on NEWSTED to save his ducats.
Are you Kirk and Lars' risingfarce?
ImageImage
windycitycane
Taking Music Lessons

Post by windycitycane »

KosmoKramer wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:30 pm Matt Smith formerly of Poison?

"By 1985, guitarist Smith was rapidly becoming disillusioned with Poison, as he was about to become a father and was growing doubtful of the band's chances of success. He subsequently left the band and returned home to Pennsylvania, leaving Poison's future very much in doubt." -- Wikipedia
I was thinking the same thing. How long after he quit did they hit the big time?
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:17 pm

Or he didn't want to piss money away on something that quickly appeared to be a money hole that he would never recoup anything from.

And I think (though admittedly I am not sure) he has FU money.
SW

Post by SW »

Well C.C. brought the songwriting so I highly doubt nothing would've happened to Poison with Smith. They had Rock like a Rocker written tho so I might be wrong...
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

windycitycane wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:37 pm

I was thinking the same thing. How long after he quit did they hit the big time?
It was a little less than 2 years.

First Poison show I saw was DeVille's second (?) show with the band at the Palace in Hollywood. They were opening for Kim Mitchell, but everybody left after Poison.

Supposedly Matt was very relieved to bail. Hollywood was doing his head in.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Brian Jones? One of the most photographed musicians in the world and a fashion icon in the 60’s, but also considered enemy of the state in the uk. He officially resigned from the rolling stones in a press statement, but was actually fired because of fuckery with jagger and Richard’s, drugs. Then he got murdered by his builder and cronies 3 weeks later.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:07 am Brian Jones? was actually fired because of fuckery with jagger and Richard’s, drugs.
What's the story on this? I haven't heard this before.