People who were thrilled that key members left their band so they could take control of the brand

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

People who were thrilled that key members left their band so they could take control of the brand

Post by BernieTaupson »

Ann and Nancy Wilson
Axl Rose
Gene and Paul
Stevie Rachelle
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: People who were thrilled that key members left their band so they could take control of the brand

Post by Love_Industry »

Todd LaTorre
Venus Flytrap

Re: People who were thrilled that key members left their band so they could take control of the brand

Post by Venus Flytrap »

Tommy and JY in Styx
The (then) new guy inLittle River Band who took control and then wouldn't let the original guys back in.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

David Gilmour
Eddie Van Halen
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

Gregg Allman
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Hagar seemed to have control over Van Halen for most of the years he was there.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

There are so many these days!!!

Alex Grossi. Or is it Rudy Sarzo carrying the Quiet Riot torch?

Or how about Kelly Nickels coming out of retirement to join Riley's LA Guns? Steve Riley passed away last year. RIP! Will the band continue?

Roxy, drummer of Vixen.

Or Chip Z'nuff/Enuff Z'nuff for the win? Considering the band name is his name it kind of was his band all along though.

I think at one point the bass player for Britny Fox was the only original member.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Henry Paul (Outlaws)
JinglesTheChristmasMouse
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by JinglesTheChristmasMouse »

Kevin Cronin.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Phil Collins
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
ElectrickMagick
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ElectrickMagick »

Venus Flytrap wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:13 am Tommy and JY in Styx
The (then) new guy inLittle River Band who took control and then wouldn't let the original guys back in.
The Little River Band story is supremely fucked. They are an Australian band now fronted by an American and with no original members since 1996. No one in the band can reminisce about their glory days.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

ElectrickMagick wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:41 am with no original members since 1996. No one in the band can reminisce about their glory days.
Great choice of words!!!

That’s exactly what bothers me when I see bands with no original members. It’s not even about being “original “. It’s about being part of the band in their prime or at least during a successful time or great album.

The new guys are not even connected to the band I loved.

Some bands just carry on the name. It becomes a glorified cover band.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

Phil Collen. One guitarist got bounced for being a drunk, the other drank himself to death. Phil was like, "it's mine, all mine!"
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

Mark and Travis run blink 182, Tom is on salary
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Mick & Keith
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:49 am Ann and Nancy Wilson
Axl Rose
Gene and Paul
Stevie Rachelle
Fuck. I was gonna post Stevie!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

BDG135 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:37 am Hagar seemed to have control over Van Halen for most of the years he was there.
Yeah Eddie had it... and then quickly lost it. He thought that things would be better if only he were in charge... til he got put in charge.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

The more control Ed had over VH the worse it was. STFU and play guitar. Roth knew the score. The brothers were fucking knuckleheads.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

How about Blotzer, when he toured with four hired dudes as “Ratt”?
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Pretty sure he did that without previously taking over the brand.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

And Chuck Panozzo.
DevastatinDave

Post by DevastatinDave »

risingfarce wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:27 am
And Chuck Panozzo.
Maybe on the money end but he wasn’t a writer and I don’t think he would get in the way of the creative forces. He has zero success without Dennis JY and Shaw. I doubt he actually “sided” with anyone.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

DevastatinDave wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:58 am
risingfarce wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:27 am
And Chuck Panozzo.
Maybe on the money end but he wasn’t a writer and I don’t think he would get in the way of the creative forces. He has zero success without Dennis JY and Shaw. I doubt he actually “sided” with anyone.
I read Chuck's book. It wasn't good. Anyway, he sided with JY and Tommy to get rid of Dennis.

Assholes. All three of them.

Styx was Dennis' band. He wrote 90% of the hits/popular songs/concert staples.

Tommy had a handful of popular songs/concert staples.

JY was thrown a bone to sing one or two songs. (His vocals suck.)

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab ... ch_section

Dennis had the two hit singles ("Babe" and "Mr. Roboto"). Both RIAA gold singles.

I agree that Chuck would have had zero success without Dennis.

In the '70s, JY and Tommy would have had zero success without Dennis.
Shredderpete

Post by Shredderpete »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:19 am
Or how about Kelly Nickels coming out of retirement to join Riley's LA Guns? Steve Riley passed away last year. RIP! Will the band continue?
Yeah they’ve already played without him since his death. I’m curious to see how far they take this.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I believe this situation happened with LIVE. Twice.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:19 pm
ElectrickMagick wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:41 am with no original members since 1996. No one in the band can reminisce about their glory days.
Great choice of words!!!

That’s exactly what bothers me when I see bands with no original members. It’s not even about being “original “. It’s about being part of the band in their prime or at least during a successful time or great album.

The new guys are not even connected to the band I loved.

Some bands just carry on the name. It becomes a glorified cover band.

It's the Motownification of hair metal. As long as someone can make money off the name, these acts will continue indefinitely without any original members.

It's like the Harlem Globetrotters. Some kid will grow up to play in "Motley Crue" with three other people we've never heard of before.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.