Brian Wilson is suffering from dementia

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Brian Wilson is suffering from dementia

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-beach-bo ... vatorship/
Brian Wilson’s family is seeking a conservatorship for the Beach Boys star, saying in a filing that he is “unable to properly provide for his own personal needs for physical health, food, clothing, or shelter” due to a neurocognitive disorder similar to dementia. The family said in a statement, shared on Wilson’s Instagram, that it took the decision “to ensure that there will be no extreme changes to the household” after the death last month of Wilson’s wife, Melinda, who had been caring for him. A conservatorship, the statement added, would allow Wilson to “work on current projects as well as participate in any activities he chooses.”

The court document, filed in Los Angeles and reported by The Blast and People, quoted a doctor’s description of Wilson as “easily distracted, often even when aware of surroundings.” The doctor added that Wilson “often makes spontaneous irrelevant or incoherent utterances” and struggles “to maintain decorum appropriate to the situation.” A judge will decide whether the conservatorship can go ahead. A court date is set for April 26, a summary document shows.

Wilson was first placed in a conservatorship in the 1990s, after a long period of decline due to drug use, mental health issues, and the malign influence of the disgraced psychologist Eugene Landy. In the early 1990s, a court ordered Landy to exit Wilson’s life and appointed an independent conservator. In 1995, Wilson married Melinda, and the pair adopted five children, some of whom still live in the household.

According to the Wilson family’s statement, representatives LeeAnn Hard and Jean Sievers will serve as the musician’s co-conservators. Pitchfork has emailed Catherine Margaret Swafford, an attorney for Hard, for comment and more information.
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: Brian Wilson is suffering from dementia

Post by Black Stuff »

Sad, he has had many mental health issues over the course of his career. I remember when he thought he was losing his songwriting skills, he had a room in his house with sand on the floor and a piano, to inspire him.
The power of Sludge compels you.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

He was on a heavy dose of Antipsychotics for many years and unfortunately this is the end result. :cry:
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Is this from Special Counsel Hur's report?
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:42 am Is this from Special Counsel Hur's report?
He had real doctors.
ImageImage
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

I know this is a somber thread (so far), but I just barely glanced at the title page, and even though I've already posted in it, I thought I saw a parody thread, started by Heenan, or someone, titled, "Brian Wilson Is Suffering From Diarrhea."

Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:42 am Is this from Special Counsel Hur's report?
Rent free.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

The whole Gramm interview the other day was weird as hell. Myself, l felt as if Lou shouldn’t be taking these on anymore. Dismissive and one word answers.
Last edited by ParaDime77 on Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

He must've had something urgent to get to afterwards.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Venus Flytrap
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Venus Flytrap »

A little story from Alice Cooper about when Brian Wilson met John Lennon...again.
“I was sitting backstage after the 1974 Grammys with Bernie Taupin (Elton John’s lyricist) and John Lennon. This was when Brian was really having some mental issues.

During the course of the conversation, I kept seeing Brian out of the corner of my eye, just kind of staring at us from different angles. Finally, he came up to the table, bent down and whispered in my ear ‘Hey Alice, introduce me to John Lennon.’ I couldn’t BELIEVE that these two men had never met!

They were virtually neck and neck in the 60’s as the greatest bands on the planet, and I’m SURE they must have crossed paths at some point. But then I thought to myself, ‘Wow, if they REALLY have never met, I’m going to be the one to introduce them and become a part of rock history!’

So I merely said, ‘Brian Wilson, this is John Lennon. John Lennon, this is Brian Wilson.’ Lennon was very cordial and polite, saying things like ‘Hello Brian, I’ve always wanted to meet you. I’ve always admired your work, and Paul and I considered Pet Sounds one of the best albums ever made.’ Brian thanked him and walked away, at which point Lennon went right back to his conversation like nothing had happened.

About ten minutes later, Brian came by our table again, leaned down and whispered something to Bernie, and all of a sudden, Bernie was saying ‘Brian Wilson, this is John Lennon. John Lennon, Brian Wilson.’ Lennon was just as cordial and polite as the first time, saying essentially the same thing about always wanting to meet him.

As soon as Brian walked away, John looked at both of us and casually said in his typical Liverpudlian accent, ‘I’ve met him hundreds of times. He’s not well, you know.’”
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

This is such a bummer to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV5Y5v4t4mo

If sitting a near-catatonic 80 year old Brian Wilson at a piano to stare off into space for $75 a ticket isn't elder abuse, it's bordering on it.

It's even more bizarre with music this cheerful and upbeat. "Doo-dooby-doo-waaaaaa" and the grandpa from Texas Chainsaw sitting there motionless.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

What Was It Like to Tour With Brian Wilson and Help Him Finish ‘Smile’?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... 234969104/