SHOCKING ... Compton man Mauled to Death by Pit Bulls in backyard this morning in California.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: SHOCKING ... Compton man Mauled to Death by Pit Bulls in backyard this morning in California.

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I'm not a fan of most big dogs. My wife as attacked by a pit bull at a cafe. It was the owner's dog. Owner was like "oh he's never done that before!" Another time my wife and daughter were walking back from church and were stalked by an Akita or something similar on the street. Were terrified when they got home...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: SHOCKING ... Compton man Mauled to Death by Pit Bulls in backyard this morning in California.

Post by EzyRider »

Not on Team Pit Bull over here either.

Years ago we had a crazy chick ask us to take care of her large Rottweiler for a couple weeks. That turned into her wanting us to adopt it. We gave her lots of time (months) to take it back or find someone else to take it, but that didn't happen. It liked me (I took it for long walks, played with him, gave him attention, etc) but didn't warm up my wife at all, possibly due to the previous owners neglect. It leapt through the air, hit her in the back and completely knocked her over when we were out walking one day. That was the final straw and I had to take it to the pound. Super tough decision, but this chick forced me to make it. I hope someone that could train and take care of a dog like this properly adopted it, but I don't know.

We have a Boxer now, our second one. Looks kinda like a pit with the short nose, but not personality wise. Good family dogs, kinda goofy actually. Looks a lot like this one

It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Yeah, boxers are nothing like pit bulls.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Hellbentforfeathers
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Hellbentforfeathers »

Zabooka wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:12 pm When it’s consistently the same breed, there’s a problem. It’s almost always pitbulls. No need to have these as pets.
For a second I thought you meant black people

#mybad
Police and Naggerz
Get outta my way
Cindy Buzzedimisa
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

I had a friend that tried the rescuing pit bulls thing about to be euthanized thing. She drove out of state to get two of them. One, the male Willy, was ok and even kinda goofy but not house broken. The female OMFG this bitch was Lilith in canine form. My friend had to admit she had bitten off more than she could chew and found another pit bull rescue to take her. She kept the male and never tried that again.

Thing is if you live somewhere like Compton you're gonna want a guard dog or two. Ones that mean business. Maybe that's why they haven't passed that breeding ordinance there yet. Or they have enough issues to deal with already, who knows. All I know is dog sitting Willy for a week worked beautifully in deterring my psycho ex from creeping around my place.
gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by gtrjay »

My new brother in law and his wife live 20 min from us. We try to get together every now and then for dinner or small gatherings. He had superbowl party. We skipped this year as year before we were there for summer party. Our two kids were there (teenagers), and he has two pit bulls. Yes. They are sweet. But I don’t trust them. We played it off and they were quiet and stayed in other room. I told kids do not pet them. Do not talk to them. Do not put your face to them. They were fine.

However we will try to always get together outside their home going forward.
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

I will say IMO as a lifelong dog lover it depends how they were brought into the world in terms of the parents and how they were raised. The sweetest dog I've ever had was a Pit because I raised her that way but sadly I would say all the dogs in this guy's backyard should be put down as you take 2 pits raised to be fighting dogs having babies is where the trouble starts as the aggressive behavior is literally bred into them.

Chows are an underrated aggressive dog that don't get talked about enough, I've never really met a friendly Chow.
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Pit bulls were originally bred, specifically, for dog fighting, weren't they? Or at least the dog it branched off from was. I forget what the actual history of it is.
LurkingAtWork
Recording Your Demo

Post by LurkingAtWork »

Dog people are the absolute worst. Most of them seem to make owning a dog their identity and they humanize the little shit machines. Fuck all of that and yeah, especially fuck pit bulls.

I went to Lowe's a couple months back and there were THREE separate couples with dogs there. As in, six dogs, one of whom was barking the whole time. All of these assholes should be sent to a gulag. With their dogs of course.
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Earl Skakel wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:36 pm I will say IMO as a lifelong dog lover it depends how they were brought into the world in terms of the parents and how they were raised. The sweetest dog I've ever had was a Pit because I raised her that way but sadly I would say all the dogs in this guy's backyard should be put down as you take 2 pits raised to be fighting dogs having babies is where the trouble starts as the aggressive behavior is literally bred into them.

Chows are an underrated aggressive dog that don't get talked about enough, I've never really met a friendly Chow.
Chows are very expensive though. If you can afford one you're probably a somewhat responsible person. Any dirt bag can get a pit.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

LurkingAtWork wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:48 pm Dog people are the absolute worst. Most of them seem to make owning a dog their identity and they humanize the little shit machines. Fuck all of that and yeah, especially fuck pit bulls.

I went to Lowe's a couple months back and there were THREE separate couples with dogs there. As in, six dogs, one of whom was barking the whole time. All of these assholes should be sent to a gulag. With their dogs of course.
"""""""""""""""Dog people are the absolute worst."""""""""""""""""

You mean... like the ones who bring their Dog to the Restaurant (sitting on a chair, eating treats off the table), to the Post Office, inside the Bank, inside the Coffee Shop, in the Mall, on the Airplane and more.

And anyone you question... (who always appear to be TOTALLY normal and healthy) drops some "Service Dog" non-sense into the conversation. #eatallofwolfgangsass

I know the difference... true Service Dogs, act the part and I have friends, who use these animals with relatives, who truly need them.

The overly self-important entitled ass-clowns who have them in the Shopping Cart barking at everyone who passes by are the WORST! Agree.

These are the same people who take their dog for a walk, off the leash, and when it gets hit by a car, attacks a kid, or acts out... they are miffed!

F#@k all of those people!

$tEvil
LurkingAtWork
Recording Your Demo

Post by LurkingAtWork »

Absolutely. One of the couples at Lowe's (the ones with the barking dog actually) had their dogs in little vests with patches all over them so they LOOKED like service dogs.

The assholes who encourage this shit by stopping and petting these beasts should also be imprisoned. The dog people eat that shit up.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

dp
Last edited by GoodJudge on Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Speaking of terrifying dogs, many years ago I visited a friend of a friend abroad. They had a Tibetan Mastiff, which were bred to fight wolves, snow leopards and similar that might attack the farmer's flocks. They are MASSIVE. The house I was visiting had a below-ground garage and that was the dog's den. First time I saw it I wanted to run.

And they lived near the middle of a city. Christ knows where they walked the beast, and how everyone else reacted. I don't care if it's on a lead, if you're holding it and it decides to run, you're going with it and it'll tow you over the ground if you fall.

(not me, not that dog, but just to show the scale of the thing)
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

Hanging out with this murderer who swims in the pool every day with kids and runs around the dog park daily. If you have a bunch of dogs in cages with puppies getting zero exercise, being territorial, what do you think will happen during a feeding? I have a pit this Doberman and a chihuahua and have worked with dogs my entire life. It’s the owners.
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:55 pm
LurkingAtWork wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:48 pm Dog people are the absolute worst. Most of them seem to make owning a dog their identity and they humanize the little shit machines. Fuck all of that and yeah, especially fuck pit bulls.

"""""""""""""""Dog people are the absolute worst."""""""""""""""""

I know the difference... true Service Dogs, act the part and I have friends,
$tEvil
I have an acquaintance of mine who, I believe has a fake service dog. He says he needs to dog to "help him if he has a seizure". fair enough. I buy that. The thing is, sometimes the dog is with him, sometimes the dog isn't. You would think that a dog that is there to "help him if he has a seizure" should be with him at all time.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
TheImpaler9
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by TheImpaler9 »

I am the Manager of a liquor store. I came up front and i smell something awful. Here we have shit all over the store. I find a couple pushing around a huge dog in a a shopping cart. I quickly look back on camera and see dog shitting all over and then them putting him in cart. I confronted them and they said he is a service dog and acted dumb about the dog shitting all over.
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

TheImpaler9 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:07 pm I am the Manager of a liquor store. I came up front and i smell something awful. Here we have shit all over the store. I find a couple pushing around a huge dog in a a shopping cart. I quickly look back on camera and see dog shitting all over and then them putting him in cart. I confronted them and they said he is a service dog and acted dumb about the dog shitting all over.
for future reference, you can kick them out if their service dog is shitting on the floor.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

EzyRider wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:26 am Not on Team Pit Bull over here either.

Years ago we had a crazy chick ask us to take care of her large Rottweiler for a couple weeks. That turned into her wanting us to adopt it. We gave her lots of time (months) to take it back or find someone else to take it, but that didn't happen. It liked me (I took it for long walks, played with him, gave him attention, etc) but didn't warm up my wife at all, possibly due to the previous owners neglect. It leapt through the air, hit her in the back and completely knocked her over when we were out walking one day. That was the final straw and I had to take it to the pound. Super tough decision, but this chick forced me to make it. I hope someone that could train and take care of a dog like this properly adopted it, but I don't know.

We have a Boxer now, our second one. Looks kinda like a pit with the short nose, but not personality wise. Good family dogs, kinda goofy actually. Looks a lot like this one

Years ago, 1993, ish? Me, my then husband and our children were at my BFF's mom's house. Having a pool party/BBQ.
We swam, had ribs, and later were just relaxing in the backyard.
My BFF brought a pitcher of blackberry margaritas out, and dropped it on the white concrete. My then husband jumped to get the hose.
Her mom's rottweiler, was about to tear his throat out because he moved too fast. Luckily, the dog was well trained, mom told him to sit and he did.
But if these dogs are not well trained, it could be bad.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Earl Skakel wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:36 pm I will say IMO as a lifelong dog lover it depends how they were brought into the world in terms of the parents and how they were raised.
No, it's called instinct and when it kicks in there's nothing you can do to stop it.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:03 pm there's a lot of other breeds that are just as dangerous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-s5AQiOZnY
Oh look... it's Mr. Canada with a different opinion, shocking!

Go Google dog bites, dog attack, or anything related to Dogs attacking humans or other animals.

If you find 100 links, I challenge that no less than 85-90 of them will be Pit Bulls or Rottweilers.

But of course, Mr. Canada, is here to tell us about all the other vicious breeds and the 1 time a Lab or Irish Setter bit their owner. :roll:

$tEvil
oh, so now you're including rotties now? yeah. they're on the list too. so are german shepards. i wasn't saying you were wrong karen. watch the fucking video. you would shit yourself if you ever saw a cane corso or any other mastiff cross.
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

I’m going to be one of those Pit Bull advocates. I adopted one from the shelter many years ago, and Ricky gave me almost 5 wonderful years before he died. He could be protective, and he did kill a groundhog that got in our yard. But he was the sweetest boy, and I had no issues with anyone (including children) pet him. Having said that, I always made sure they let him smell them first, and I would never let anyone stick their face in his, nor would I be stupid enough to do that with another dog without familiarity. It’s the irresponsible trash that can’t be bothered to train and treat their animals properly that cause these problems.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

mrsnikkisixx wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:52 pm I’m going to be one of those Pit Bull advocates. I adopted one from the shelter many years ago, and Ricky gave me almost 5 wonderful years before he died. He could be protective, and he did kill a groundhog that got in our yard. But he was the sweetest boy, and I had no issues with anyone (including children) pet him. Having said that, I always made sure they let him smell them first, and I would never let anyone stick their face in his, nor would I be stupid enough to do that with another dog without familiarity. It’s the irresponsible trash that can’t be bothered to train and treat their animals properly that cause these problems.
"He was the sweetest boy" but you had to take extra care in certain circumstances because you knew that he actually wasn't "sweet" and could rip another dog or a kid to bits if he felt like it. I and the Mod have both posted real life examples of where "sweet" dogs get spooked and become violent in an instant. Yeah, that can happen with spaniels and poodles and chihuahuas too, but they don't have centuries of being bred for fighting behind them.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

mrsnikkisixx wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:52 pm I’m going to be one of those Pit Bull advocates. I adopted one from the shelter many years ago, and Ricky gave me almost 5 wonderful years before he died. He could be protective, and he did kill a groundhog that got in our yard. But he was the sweetest boy, and I had no issues with anyone (including children) pet him. Having said that, I always made sure they let him smell them first, and I would never let anyone stick their face in his, nor would I be stupid enough to do that with another dog without familiarity. It’s the irresponsible trash that can’t be bothered to train and treat their animals properly that cause these problems.
This is why I feel uneasy around them because "you never know." Sure, you can apply this to nearly ANYTHING IN LIFE...you never know, I might die in my sleep tonight...you never know that bush might be full of hornets. Back to my Black Lab, we rescued her and her nine pups (they, in turn, were adopted when they were 8-10 weeks) when she was between 1 and 2 and have had her for ten years. She puts her forehead on my forehead as a sign of affection and will do that with any willing person. She loves to sniff because dogs get mental pleasure from all the scents they can detect, but it isn't necessary for her to warm up to someone. In 10 years, she has never nipped at ANYTHING, let alone kill a varmint. It may be genetics and breeding more so than how they're raised (though that matters, too).

I'm not saying your Pit is a ticking time bomb. You loved and trusted him and vice versa. I'm sure there have been labs that have done some unexpected, terrible things out there somewhere. Only speaking from my uneducated uncertainty about Pits vs my personal experiences with my two girls and how docile they are. The worst thing they do is snore and the infrequent mongo shit inside when something upsets their stomachs. Ruggables are THE BEST if you want some carpeted areas and have pets. I will never have a carpeted house again.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

In a post above... the words """""""Pit is a ticking time bomb. """""""""" were used by TooOldToCare.

Perfect description of these breeds of dogs....

Here is my analogy... tell me I am wrong.

Poodles, Cocker Spaniels and Chihuahuas, can ALL act out, be aggrresive, bite, etc... we get that... along with any small to medium size dog. Fair?

Great that we agree... the above... are essentially... a "Sparkler" or maybe a "Fire Cracker"... on the 4th of July.

If a kid gets burned on the finger tip by a sparkler, or a firecracker goes off to close to the person who lit it... 99.99999% of the time, everyone is fine, and a little ice and some band-aids do the trick.

The same or similar applies when someone's nutjob Chihuahua bites a little girl at a birthday party.

Pitt Bulls & Rottweilers, are in short... a stick of "Dynamite"... if it goes off... you're all F#@cked... plan for the hospital, surgery, or worse.

The end...

$tEvil
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Metal Sludge wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:41 pm
EzyRider wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:26 am Not on Team Pit Bull over here either.

Years ago, 1993, ish? Me, my then husband and our children were at my BFF's mom's house. Having a pool party/BBQ.
We swam, had ribs, and later were just relaxing in the backyard.
My BFF brought a pitcher of blackberry margaritas out, and dropped it on the white concrete. My then husband jumped to get the hose.
Her mom's rottweiler, was about to tear his throat out because he moved too fast. Luckily, the dog was well trained, mom told him to sit and he did.
But if these dogs are not well trained, it could be bad.
Hate being put in situations like this where sudden moves or other normal things could trigger their dog yet they invite you to their home or bring them along. If your dog's attack-y how about you don't fukking bring it around me, thanks?
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

NeonKnite wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:45 pm
Earl Skakel wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:36 pm I will say IMO as a lifelong dog lover it depends how they were brought into the world in terms of the parents and how they were raised.
No, it's called instinct and when it kicks in there's nothing you can do to stop it.
I would agree with you if the dogs were brought into the world being bred by 2 aggressive dogs but I do think if the dog was bred responsibly with 2 non aggressive parents the offspring can be good dogs. Sweetest dog I've ever had was a pit who was shown love and who's parents were trained and mild mannered but no doubt if the dog was abused or raised in a violent manor you really have no choice but to put them down.
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Why don’t you look at Miss Peaches that Dave Portnoy just adopted. Amazingly sweet senior pitt. #adoptdontshop
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

When I was 11 or 12, I was attacked by a German Shepard. I saw him coming, and had just enough sense to cover my face, which is exactly where he jumped. He grabbed the arm over my head instead, and proceeded on around to my shoulder. It didn't last but 10 seconds, there was someone else there who pulled him off me.

It sucked. Lots of stitches. 40 years later, and I can still hear the clinking sound the tin trash can made, as the doctor was tossing pieces of my flesh into it.

Paralyzing fear of any dog taller than my knee after this. When I became an adult, I fought it by getting a couple rottweilers. Eventually, I was able to deal with most dogs. Shepard's are still weird to me, but I have a friend with some, and I can go to her house now. I'm still not going to interact with a pit bull at all. While you can certainly find other stories like mine that didn't involve a pit, way too many of them do. I don't want to hear that clinking sound again.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

A former neighbor had a German Shepherd. I was mowing MY lawn one evening while this stupid little Mr. Peepers-looking guy was walking his Shepherd. Going past my house (on a leash), it lunged at me while I had my back to it. He couldn't stop it, being Mr. Peepers. It bit into my thigh (through denim), broke the skin, and created a GS-mouth outline in black and blue. I was pissed af, but let it go. My wife called animal control anyway and started a brouhaha with reports, pictures, animal quarantine, etc. They've since moved.

On the flip side, my former brother-in-law had a Rottweiler that was the biggest baby on earth. The worst thing it did in its entire life was crop dust an entire house.

Again, you never know...