MOCKUMENTARY ... A 7 man panel takes the PISS OUT OF Decline of Western Civilization Part 2 - The Metal Years.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

MOCKUMENTARY ... A 7 man panel takes the PISS OUT OF Decline of Western Civilization Part 2 - The Metal Years.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Just found this... uploaded yesterday....

I am watching now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVasqn4uY58

$tEvil
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Re: MOCKUMENTARY ... A panel takes their swing at Decline of Western Civilization Part 2 - The Metal Years.

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I would love to see a “where are they now?” panel! If anyone can do it, it’s you!!!

I’m curious….was Tuff signed at this point when you were interviewed?

Did anything come of any of the other new guys interviewed?
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: MOCKUMENTARY ... A panel takes their swing at Decline of Western Civilization Part 2 - The Metal Years.

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

You new here?
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:54 pm You new here?
No way! I thought it was an ongoing joke that we all wanted to know what became of the Wet Cherry Guy.

Was there a “where are they now?” that I missed?
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

That panel is a real who's who of, WHO?!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Those are 7 people at Stonebreed last headline show!
MockuBreed ⭐️
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:11 pm That panel is a real who's who of, WHO?!
I have to say... wow... most of these guys were total dicks, and pretty much destroyed everyone in the movie.

The only people they seemed to like were Lemmy, Alice and Mustaine... shocking... it's like it's 1995 and a Grunge panel is reviewing it.

Tons of anger too... a few guys admit, "I got angry again, just watching it"....

The guy, in the left middle column, Peter Jones... the dude is a huge hater... he admits hating it then, and he's still mad today. #wtf

Everyone talking "I didn't like the treatment of women", and the stupidity of everyone doing drugs or drinking... all party poopers.

All their love for Lemmy, who admits to having sex with over 1,000 women, and Alice who drank himself to blackout for decades.

Mustaine and Megadeth also one of their heros... a junkie for decades, in and out of rehab, pills, heroin, etc...

Meanwhile, most of us have grown up, or matured, long ago... fair? But Ellefson is beating off on video and sending it to Teen fans over the net.

However, if Faster Pussycat talked about girls, drugs or drinking they were losers. At the time, Brent was 20, Taime and Greg, Eric, all between 23-25.

They also talked about Lemmy and Alice came off so great, made sense, etc... in short saying how mature they acted.

Meanwhile, both of those guys were 40+ at the time, and everyone else in the film was between 18 & 25... I guess we were supposed to be grown ups too!

I'd bet, ALL of these guys are huge RUSH fans!

$tEvil
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

The first guy was such an elitist that I didn't wanna listen to more. Why is he even reviewing the movie if he doesn't like the genre? It's like me reviewing a doc about Jazz. It's as if he thinks music only has a singular purpose.
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

I'm a few minutes into this and the Pete Jones guy is coming off as an annoying old man, bitter because he didn't have any success.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

alleyrulez wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:43 am I'm a few minutes into this and the Pete Jones guy is coming off as an annoying old man, bitter because he didn't have any success.
I gotta say... it's worth listening to all the way through.

I feel like Pete Jones, and his over-the-top "Everything about this sucked then and it sucks worse now" attitude, set the tone for the whole thing.

I also feel, a few of these guys, changed their tune, and opinion, and kind of held back on saying "I loved this stuff", as to not be the odd man out with all the geeky hate.

Jones is the perfect example, of the failed musician (which he is, and talks about his early days, went nowhere) who lashes out at the industry that rejected him.

Then when the 90's and Grunge came along, and RUSH kept selling to the sausage fest crowd, he was up front to cheer the downfall of the 80's.

You can bet the guy hasn't felt more than a few pair of tits in his entire 60+ years of life... and is the guy that yells at kids on skateboards in front of his house.

$tEvil
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

Those who can.....do
Those who can't.....become critics
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: MOCKUMENTARY ... A 7 man panel takes the PISS OUT OF Decline of Western Civilization Part 2 - The Metal Years.

Post by BernieTaupson »

Why do you need to watch a panel of guys ridicule that documentary, it ridicules itself by its very existence.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Re: MOCKUMENTARY ... A 7 man panel takes the PISS OUT OF Decline of Western Civilization Part 2 - The Metal Years.

Post by Kid-Wicked »

not sure what the bigger mystery is here.
why these haters would make the video or why anyone gives a shit what they think and would bother watching it.
"where are they now" should be the story.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:52 pm Why do you need to watch a panel of guys ridicule that documentary, it ridicules itself by its very existence.
Exactly. Spheeris did a brilliant job, she unleashed her cameras on the Strip and turned Spinal Tap into cinema verite. A real live mockumentary.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:52 pm Why do you need to watch a panel of guys ridicule that documentary, it ridicules itself by its very existence.
Bingo. I skimmed though the panel discussion and it seems like they all somehow completely missed the point of the movie itself, there was also definitely some jealousy and pent–up incel rage simmering with some of those dorks.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:09 am
Bingo. I skimmed though the panel discussion and it seems like they all somehow completely missed the point of the movie itself, there was also definitely some jealousy and pent–up incel rage simmering with some of those dorks.
The first 5-6 min rant, by the Peter guy, middle left column, sums up the larger portion of the entire clip!

$tEvil
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Makes you wonder why those fucking nerds even bother. I scrolled through his channel - dozens and dozens of videos and almost all of them not even a thousand views. A thousand is bare minimum for putting effort into a video, and even then it’s pretty pathetic. What’s the point? These guys must just like listening to themselves speak.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:04 am Makes you wonder why those fucking nerds even bother. I scrolled through his channel - dozens and dozens of videos and almost all of them not even a thousand views. A thousand is bare minimum for putting effort into a video, and even then it’s pretty pathetic. What’s the point? These guys must just like listening to themselves speak.
And... like I stated about being them being RUSH fans... I saw some "Review of RUSH" insert title here.

Typical critics faves...Badlands, Van Halen III (review, Who the F#@K gave 2 squats about that record?) and the rest.

$tEvil
LitaStrauss
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by LitaStrauss »

Just what the internet needs, a bunch of old fucks with their "get off my lawn" opinions about a movie they don't understand. Imagine having nothing else to do but analyze a form of music that you're not really a fan of. I'm not a fan of Kayne, so I'm not gonna watch or review Kayne videos because I have a million other things I'd rather do. The world doesn't need everybody's opinion about everything.

On that note, I don't understand the bashing of Rush here when Rush has nothing to do with any of this. The Rush guys weren't exactly angels either, they just hid it better. Geddy admitted in his book he had a coke problem in the late 70s/early 80s, and stopped around 83ish. They all partied and took advantage of being a band on the road. They just didn't have the inner band drama and all liked each other. It's not like Rush was Pearl Jam or Nirvana and they were bashing Motley Crue and Guns N Roses. Rush seemed to mind their own business and kept being Rush. I never felt Rush was competing with hair bands or anybody. I like the fact that they all got along and were basically nerds. It was something different. Plus name me a hair band from the 80s that didn't try to go heavier in the 90s and put on a flannel?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

It’s just all jealousy and envy
The dream girls they wanted in local towns all rejected them and laughed at them. The girls wanted the “dreamy” guys that looked and dressed like them ❤️

The dudes were just Rush dorks..now then forever
For me to win in life everyday and be awesome -I need peopler to be born losers like they are
Not everyone can win-that’s the fun in life

Those seven are definitely Cody Crybabies 😭
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"