Who was your 1st?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Who was your 1st?

Post by AlexVonHaig »

My parents bought me ABC by the Jackson 5. 1st I bought was Volume 4. Both vinyl. Still have Vol 4. Grooves are rough
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Re: Who was your 1st?

Post by Mister Freeze »

Parents bought me some 45s... "Celebration" by Kool & The Gang, "It's Still Rock n' Roll to Me" by Billy Joel, and "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions" by Queen.

Later, when I was around 14, I recall the first actual CDs I bought on my own were KISS Alive 2 and WASP's The Last Command.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

I think I got the Stand By Me soundtrack on cassette when I was 9.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

My parents had a ton of albums that I always listened to.

First one I ever bought was Night Ranger Dawn Patrol
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

First 45 was Walk This Way by Aerosmith.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

First 7" was Art Garfunkel - Bright Eyes. From the superb but, for a supposed kids film, very harrowing and depressing movie Watership Down.

First proper album was, I think, a two-cassette pop compilation called Raiders Of The Pop Charts. Xmas '82. But I had some 'kiddie songs' before that - two Disney LPs (inc. Zipadeedoodah from Song Of The South) and a Burl Ives 'best of'.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

My first was Ratt Out of the Cellar on cassette. Bought it at Sears.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Bought Destroyer and RnR Over from a kid in school who had become a huge Queen fan instead after listening to Hot Space.
Yes, really! If it is any excuse, Hot Space was their current album then and we were 11.
ElectrickMagick
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ElectrickMagick »

I'm pretty sure it was either a Shaun Cassidy album or KISS Alive 2, I'm hoping it was Alive 2. We also had Double Platinum and the Ace and Peter solo albums, as my brother's favorite member of KISS was Peter and mine was Ace.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Get a Grip on cassette. That or Gloria Estefan’s Greatest Hits, can’t exactly remember. Then came Madonna’s The Immaculate Collection and then Dookie, both on cassette. First CD I truly recall owning was Poison’s LWTCDI…
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

David Lee Roth's Eat 'Em and Smile. I saw the "Yankee Rose" video and was like "Are you shitting me with this?" I thought it was the greatest thing. Steve Vai was SUPERHUMAN to me.

A little after that would've been Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet and Stryper's To Hell with the Devil. (All cassettes. My parents thought vinyl records in 1986/1987 were a waste of money. :lol: )

I still think "Calling on You" is a pretty good song. :oops:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

The very first Vinyl LP I ever bought, was The Wanderer (Movie Soundtrack) - released 1979, bought soon after... maybe 1980!

> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080117/?ref_=ttsnd_ov_i

$tEvil
TheDeadBastard
Headlining Clubs

Post by TheDeadBastard »

1st single I asked my parents to buy: 1982 England World Cup song (it’s terrible, but not as bad as Scotland’s. Holy shit that was bad)
1st single I bought: Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
1st album: Thriller.
ImageImage
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Police - Zenyatta Mondatta
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

My parents got me a record player and this record. I stared at the cover bewildered, while they said "Yeah, she's a rocker!"

I just thought about this the other day, and how they had to have heard of the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, The Doors..... anything. How the fuck they thought this was the record to get a 10 year old boy was... something.

First 45 I bought myself was Juke Box Hero.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Told my dad I liked Madonna in A League Of Their Own and so for my 10th bday he got me Like A Virgin and Like A Prayer. Like A Prayer skipped so I exchanged it for The Immaculate Collection.

Get A Grip was the first album I bought, a few months later.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

This was in my mom's collection. I was fucking hypnotized as a 5-6 year-old.

Last edited by sirthx2 on Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

To You With Love, Donny Osmond. 1971, I was seven. On 8-track.
kanister
Headlining Clubs

Post by kanister »

Animalize for 1984 Xmas present from my sister. Animalize was the biggest album Kiss ever had in all Nordic countries I believe, much bigger that anything from masked era.
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

I’ll never forget it as it was on the same day - a 45 of the Marvel Comics “Power Record” line of the title “Werewolf By Night” and Expect No Mercy by Nazareth. Both were bought at a garage sale for me by my mom when I was four and both were bought cause of the art.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

sirthx2 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:42 pm Fucking hypnotized as a 5-6 year-old.

My parents had that on vinyl. Probably still do.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Defenders of the Faith....1994 but I stole that one so I'm not sure that counts. Screaming for Vengeance in 1998 was the first one I actually bought with my own money.
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

Convoy soundtrack on 8 track
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

ElectrickMagick wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:47 am I'm pretty sure it was either a Shaun Cassidy album or KISS Alive 2, I'm hoping it was Alive 2. We also had Double Platinum and the Ace and Peter solo albums, as my brother's favorite member of KISS was Peter and mine was Ace.
First album I received was Kiss Alive. Santa Claus. Easter Bunny followed up with Shaun Cassidy. The album with Da Doo Run Run. Easter Bunny wasn't as cool as Santa.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
MisterSinister
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by MisterSinister »

Fletch wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:23 pm I’ll never forget it as it was on the same day - a 45 of the Marvel Comics “Power Record” line of the title “Werewolf By Night” and Expect No Mercy by Nazareth. Both were bought at a garage sale for me by my mom when I was four and both were bought cause of the art.
I still have my Power Records collection, including some LP’s and some that have the comic books.

My first vinyl record? My older brother got the LP “Rock and Roll Over” and didn’t like it, so he gave it to me. I was only 5 years old, but I loved it! I listened to it every day, over and over. I used to put on my giant plastic headphones and take naps on my blue Naugahyde beanbag chair while listening to it. Then I got Dressed to Kill, then Love Gun, and the rest is my own personal KISStory!
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Kiss Rock n Roll Over for my 9th bday
steviedoes
Recording Debut Album

Post by steviedoes »

Def Leppard "Armageddon It" cassette single.
New Fuzzruckus single "I Never Liked You The Way You Thought I Did" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkS904a ... t1cw%3D%3D
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

My parents purchased a Patridge Family lp for me.

Years later, my first purchase was Elton John's "Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy" and "Rock Of The Westies".
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Why did you downgrade from real music to being a KISStard? Usually goes the other way.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:32 pm Defenders of the Faith....1994 but I stole that one so I'm not sure that counts.
From a store, or another person?
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.