Roger Waters calls Bono "disgusting" and "a shit"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Roger Waters calls Bono "disgusting" and "a shit"

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

https://www.nme.com/news/music/roger-wa ... it-3589507
Roger Waters has lashed out at U2 frontman Bono, describing him as “disgusting” and “a shit”.

The comments against the Irish rock singer arose in a new interview with Waters, and saw the Pink Floyd musician criticise the former for his previous comments on the Israel-Hamas war.

Speaking during one of their Sphere residency shows in Las Vegas, Bono used the performance to pay his respects to those killed during the October 7 attack at the Israeli music festival Supernova.

“In the light of what’s happened in Israel and Gaza, a song about non-violence seems somewhat ridiculous, even laughable, but our prayers have always been for peace and for non-violence,” he told the crowd before launching into a performance of ‘Pride (In The Name Of Love)’. “But our hearts and our anger, you know where that’s pointed. So sing with us… and those beautiful kids at that music festival.”

He then played the song with altered lyrics, singing “Early morning, Oct. 7, the sun is rising in the desert sky… Stars of David, they took your life but they could not take your pride,” in place of the original lines.

Now, Waters – who has been a longtime critic of the State of Israel – has taken aim at the musician for his comments during a new interview with Al Jazeera (via Clash) , and branded the comments made at the live show “disgusting”.

“My mother told me, when faced with difficult problems, the first thing to do is to read—read, read, read. Then, the next part is easy: do the right thing,” he told the outlet, referring to his own family background that saw his father killed in the Second World War.

“Anybody who knows Bono should go and pick him up by his ankles and shake him… until he stops being an enormous shit.”

“We have to start saying to these people, your opinion is so disgusting and so degrading… sticking up for the Zionist entity,” he added. “What he did a couple of weeks ago in the Sphere in Las Vegas, singing about the Stars of David, was one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever seen in my life.”
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Roger Waters calls Bono "disgusting" and "a shit"

Post by kytepunches »

They should both just retire and shit the fuck up. There are few things that mean less to me , than the opinions of pampered multi millionaires .
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

kytepunches wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:51 am They should both just retire and shit the fuck up. There are few things that mean less to me , than the opinions of pampered multi millionaires .
As opposed to the opinion of some random guy on the internet.
ImageImage
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Somehow I don't thnk Waters would talk this way about the other current case where a backwards petrostate with imperialist ambitions attacked a multi-ethnic and (somewhat) democratic neighbour and killed thousands of their citizens.

I am talking about Russia and Ukraine. Even if Waters displayed "Stop rattling your sabres at the Russians" at his 2018 shows", he also labeled Putin a fascist along with Orban, Kaczynski and Le Pen.
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

kytepunches wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:51 am They should both just retire and shit the fuck up. There are few things that mean less to me , than the opinions of pampered multi millionaires .
Hell yeah, why would you listen to opinions of guys who have traveled the world countless times and seen all of this stuff first hand? Fuck those pampered millionaires.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

Two revolting cunts. The end.
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Never change, Sludge. Never change.
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

sirthx2 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:46 am
Hell yeah, why would you listen to opinions of guys who have traveled the world countless times and seen all of this stuff first hand? Fuck those pampered millionaires.
I'm sure the limo drove right through there on the way to their penthouse hotel rooms.
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

kytepunches wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:02 am
I'm sure the limo drove right through there on the way to their penthouse hotel rooms.
But they saw it. Different seeing it in person than on your TV. (Even through a limo window which would likely make them feel a lot worse & get more involved)
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

sirthx2 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:17 am

But they saw it. Different seeing it in person than on your TV. (Even through a limo window which would likely make them feel a lot worse & get more involved)
Did they now . I'm holding off forming any opinion until i know what Ace Frehley and Wolfie Van Halen think.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Hot take - You can feel bad for a bunch of kids that died at a music festival and still think Netanyahu & the IDF are genocidal pieces of shit. They aren't mutually exclusive opinions..
sirthx2

Post by sirthx2 »

kytepunches wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:53 am

Did they now . I'm holding off forming any opinion until i know what Ace Frehley and Wolfie Van Halen think.
Ace doesn't have 2 brain-cells to rub together, and Wolfie can't fit in a limo.

Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Gibsonite wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:14 pm Hot take - You can feel bad for a bunch of kids that died at a music festival and still think Netanyahu & the IDF are genocidal pieces of shit. They aren't mutually exclusive opinions..
Logic? On My Sludge? IMPOSSIBLE.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Gibsonite wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:14 pm Hot take - You can feel bad for a bunch of kids that died at a music festival and still think Netanyahu & the IDF are genocidal pieces of shit. They aren't mutually exclusive opinions..
Stop Making Sense...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

kytepunches wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:53 am

Don't forget the Slipknot guy....😂
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Yeah, but did Bono include the kids in Gaza in his comments? He's a bit naive if he didn't think this would get picked up on.
CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by CrankerBait »

MickeyG wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:04 pm
Yeah, but did Bono include the kids in Gaza in his comments? He's a bit naive if he didn't think this would get picked up on.
Bono's comments were made just a day or two after the Hamas/Islamic Jihad attack on Israel. The Israeli military hadn't moved into Gaza at that point.
Psychobolia.com
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

At least Boner doesn't steal from fans with his lip synch nonsense!

https://youtu.be/ag4qB3vs-jA?si=p2lklQQLG5WJGPyl&t=39
Gwrexx
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Gwrexx »

Times change, music changes, PEOPLE change but one thing always stays the same, Roger Water’s insatiable hate of the Jews…
Ain't flinging tears out on the dusty ground for all my friends out on the burial ground. Can't stand the feeling getting so brought down. It's just that demon life has got me in its sway
Danzig in the Dark

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:46 pm
Stop Making Sense...
Anthrax442 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:43 pm
Are you guys disgusted by the American genocide of the Japanese in WWII?
ImageImage
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:16 am
Stop Making Sense...

You're an idiot. Not even remotely the same thing.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

You're going to have to be a lot more specific, because if that's some sort of comment about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it's not just apples and oranges, it's apples and watermelons.

The Japanese started that war, (and had been killing Chinese for 8 years before even attacking us, the violence didn't start in Pearl Harbor), and they weren't going to stop. The bombs stopped the war and saved probably a million US soldiers.

You can't possibly compare that with Israel and Palestine.
Danzig in the Dark

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:31 am

Stop Making Sense...

You're an idiot. Not even remotely the same thing.
Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:29 am
You're going to have to be a lot more specific, because if that's some sort of comment about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it's not just apples and oranges, it's apples and watermelons.

The Japanese started that war, (and had been killing Chinese for 8 years before even attacking us, the violence didn't start in Pearl Harbor), and they weren't going to stop. The bombs stopped the war and saved probably a million US soldiers.

You can't possibly compare that with Israel and Palestine.
Hamas, the de facto government of Gaza, attacked Israel, just as Japan attacked the USA. Why is one genocide and the other a just war?
AdmiralWilliamHalsey wrote:Before we're through with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in hell.
ImageImage
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:52 am
Hamas, the de facto government of Gaza, attacked Israel, just as Japan attacked the USA. Why is one genocide and the other a just war?
Traditionally, a war is between two military powers. I don't see a military in Palestine. But what I do see is a bunch of innocent people getting killed in a blood feud.

Does it suck that civilian Japanese got killed in those blasts? Sure. But it was necessary to stop the war. What has been "necessary" about the excess bloodshed in Palestine? And has it served any purpose? Doesn't seem like it.

War is awful. And there's absolutely zero wrong with calling out violence on both sides. I don't think anyone in the US celebrates the fact that people were killed in WWII, except for maybe the occasional redneck.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

The best Japanese wrestlers are the sneaky bad guys.
Danzig in the Dark

Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:06 am
Traditionally, a war is between two military powers. I don't see a military in Palestine. But what I do see is a bunch of innocent people getting killed in a blood feud.

Does it suck that civilian Japanese got killed in those blasts? Sure. But it was necessary to stop the war. What has been "necessary" about the excess bloodshed in Palestine? And has it served any purpose? Doesn't seem like it.

War is awful. And there's absolutely zero wrong with calling out violence on both sides. I don't think anyone in the US celebrates the fact that people were killed in WWII, except for maybe the occasional redneck.
The Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades is the military arm of Hamas.
They look like fucking soldiers. Pull your cocksucking head out of your ass and you would know that.

You start a war and get your ass kicked, you can surrender or die. That was the choice the Japanese had to make and it's the choice Hamas will have to make. Cocksuckers wanna fight, cocksuckers gonna get killed.
ImageImage
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Stop Making Sense...
How much coverage does the Herero genocide in German South West Africa get round your way?
Danzig in the Dark

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:29 am

Stop Making Sense...

How much coverage does the Herero genocide in German South West Africa get round your way?
Not as much as King Leopold II. Is there an Israeli Trotha?
ImageImage
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

CrankerBait wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:34 am
MickeyG wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:04 pm
Bono's comments were made just a day or two after the Hamas/Islamic Jihad attack on Israel. The Israeli military hadn't moved into Gaza at that point.
Fair play, you are right, he did make his comments shortly after the Hamas attack.

Has he made any comments since on a ceasefire? He should be calling for one.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

AdmiralWilliamHalsey wrote:Before we're through with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in hell.
Japan attacked a heavily defended US naval base, destroying warships and mostly killing military personnel. Something like 50 civilians got killed in the attack.
Hamas attacked a music festival and some collective farms, killing twice as many civilians as "security personnel" and taking hundreds of hostages.
There's the difference. The Japanese tried to take out the US military. Hamas targeted unarmed Jewish civilians.
No surprise then that some European Nazis called Hamas "Great fighters" and expressed their support for the attack.
"We're gonna judge you by the friends you keep"