What concert were you at that debuted a scab?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

What concert were you at that debuted a scab?

Post by AlexVonHaig »

BITD Micheal Schenkers replacement Paul Chapman
Demon Kogure
Passing Out Band Flyers

Re: What concert were you at that debuted a scab?

Post by Demon Kogure »

I wouldn't call Chapman a scab; he'd been in the band previously

I saw one of the first Motorhead gigs with Brian Robertson. It wasn't THE first, tho

Sykes' debut with Thin Lizzy is on YouTube, it's killer
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Does Craig Goldy replacing "a guitarist who doesn't write his own riffs" (c) RJD mid-tour in 1986 count?
It wasn't the very first show, but not long after that and I was one of the few who knew there would be a new guitarist on stage.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

I was at the first show after Sweet's Mick Tucker had been replaced- by a drum roadie.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

I was at the first night of Manson's GAOG tour, so maybe that was when Skold started... but I think they'd done Kimmel prior.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

KISS Symphony
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

The first Ratt show without Warren or Carlos after the Blotz lawsuit. It was in Kansas. That guy with the Hello Kitty guitar was playing lead.

Great show. QR opened. Place was packed. Crowd loved it.

Some guys on here that were mad about the new lineup tried to tell me that the show was poorly attended and that people weren't into it... despite not being there. :lol:
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:55 am BITD Micheal Schenkers replacement Paul Chapman
Saw UFO at the Rainbow in Denver in 1980. Wasn't Chapman's debut but it caught us by surprise back then. Didn't diminish our enjoyment. We were seeing UFO!!! Stranger opened. Awesome time...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

I was at that ZP Theart’s guy’s first show with Skid Row.

It was unremarkable.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

First show CJ Snare missed last fall at Rocktember in MN for his "stomach issues"
rockker
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by rockker »

I think I was at the first GNR show with Ashba

Actually I see it was not the first show, just the first North American show with him… it was the dreamy eyes that confused me I guess
Kiss fans are like old men at the strip club. We know we're getting bilked but give 'em our money anyway. - Danko Jones
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

I was on a union stage crew at an Ozzy show that was one of Zakk Wyld's early gigs. He was a fresh-faced kid. He had a female minder who might have been his mom.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:55 am BITD Micheal Schenkers replacement Paul Chapman
Schenker left didnt he? I thought he left. If he did, Chapman was in order to join.I mean I like UFO, and all their personnel.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Turner Coates wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:13 pm I was on a union stage crew at an Ozzy show that was one of Zakk Wyld's early gigs. He was a fresh-faced kid. He had a female minder who might have been his mom.
Makes sense - I think he was only 20 when he got the gig.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BadDogWater
Headlining Clubs

Post by BadDogWater »

Kiss at Dick Clark's 50th anniversary show. I think that was Tommy's first appearance with KI$$.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:50 pm
Turner Coates wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:13 pm I was on a union stage crew at an Ozzy show that was one of Zakk Wyld's early gigs. He was a fresh-faced kid. He had a female minder who might have been his mom.
He looked younger, and his mom was hot.

Before soundcheck, they spent a few hours sitting in some seats overlooking the stage, watching everyone setting everything up. I was very surprised to see him onstage at soundcheck.

Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Yes, back in the day. They sold tixx a year before the show for msg, then the buggles signed on in the band. I went to see Squire anyway, but tixx were going cheap dos.
The power of Sludge compels you.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

I was at Ray Gillen’s third show with Black Sabbath. Pre-internet days, and nobody knew Glenn Hughes was out, nor who the new guy was. It took a review in the local paper, two days later, to provide the story… and the mystery singer’s name.
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

Gov't Mule introduced their new bassist at a gig I saw at Harrah's SoCal last year, dude is crazy good, last guy was super in the pocket but just not as exciting. New dude is a ripper, they sounded more like Cream with him! Plus grubbing at Hell's Kitchen is super fun and haute cuisine, highly recommend!!

Saw RJD with Sabbath on the Black and Blue tour, it wasn't the first date but still pretty historic and mind blowing. Pre-internet so had very few details on the situation going into it, it was like 'who is this guy?'

I saw Foghat decades ago when they played a club in North Seattle with only the original drummer. It was not billed like that!! We left after a few songs, got completely ripped of on that one.

Semi related - saw a warm up gig for Nightwish playing under a different name somewhere on the strip (Roxy or Key Club?) It was the last show before they got Floors Janson (got ripped off on that one too!!)
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
TheDeadBastard
Headlining Clubs

Post by TheDeadBastard »

EzyRider wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:24 pm Gov't Mule introduced their new bassist at a gig I saw at Harrah's SoCal last year, dude is crazy good, last guy was super in the pocket but just not as exciting. New dude is a ripper, they sounded more like Cream with him! Plus grubbing at Hell's Kitchen is super fun and haute cuisine, highly recommend!!

Saw RJD with Sabbath on the Black and Blue tour, it wasn't the first date but still pretty historic and mind blowing. Pre-internet so had very few details on the situation going into it, it was like 'who is this guy?'

I saw Foghat decades ago when they played a club in North Seattle with only the original drummer. It was not billed like that!! We left after a few songs, got completely ripped of on that one.

Semi related - saw a warm up gig for Nightwish playing under a different name somewhere on the strip (Roxy or Key Club?) It was the last show before they got Floors Janson (got ripped off on that one too!!)
Not quite totally on topic but I saw Gov’t Mule on the first tour after Woody’s death, opening for Ben Harper. No bassist, just guitar and drums. Did an awesome job.
ImageImage
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Turner Coates wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:06 am
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:50 pm
He looked younger, and his mom was hot.

Before soundcheck, they spent a few hours sitting in some seats overlooking the stage, watching everyone setting everything up. I was very surprised to see him onstage at soundcheck.
Very cool!

The details of your story had me wondering the other day as to how Zach was when he was younger compared to the full blown gabagool speaking parody he is now?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
jhenders
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by jhenders »

Jon Levin's first show with Dokken in Tucson, AZ May 2003
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

ParaDime77 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:23 pm Very cool!

The details of your story had me wondering the other day as to how Zach was when he was younger compared to the full blown gabagool speaking parody he is now?
Normally, I wouldn't have even noticed, but like I said, his mom was cute, and they seemed fascinated by all the production stuff.
He looked like he was about 15.