Cue The tracks: Asking Alexandria: Never Gonna Learn San Antonio, Texas - August 30, 2023)

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Cue The tracks: Asking Alexandria: Never Gonna Learn San Antonio, Texas - August 30, 2023)

Post by ParaDime77 »

- This has to be the most boring show ever to watch. Cookie cutter presentation back with nothing but tracks. Funny how the song has live backing vocals and none of the guys on stage even get remotely close to anything resembling a microphone. Complete country music hard rock presentation. Sad people have to pay for this.

https://youtu.be/cBrvyaRy2Ow?si=SV8eMPTpHLBGRxeY
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Cue The tracks: Asking Alexandria: Never Gonna Learn San Antonio, Texas - August 30, 2023)

Post by daveg »

Is it sad??
Nobody, except the old farts on this board (me included) give 2 shits about it
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Cue The tracks: Asking Alexandria: Never Gonna Learn San Antonio, Texas - August 30, 2023)

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Yeah, it’s sad. I don’t care that I’m old, it bums me out when “live bands” are this fucking slick and safe and some people are still floored by it somehow.

[in old man voice] Back in my day most of the bands that used tracks had an intentionally mechanical sound. Static-X, for example. It was almost part of the shtick.

It’s frustrating to hear intentionally dense people conflating a track for something that obviously isn’t being played onstage (“Bohemian Rhapsody” middle section, an orchestra part when there’s no orchestra onstage, etc.) vs. lead fucking vocals or main fucking guitar tracks routinely being piped in, and it’s even more frustrating to hear that it’s no big deal because it’s what ‘everyone’ does now.

I call them Bumper Bowling Bands, and they only deserve to play places that have bumper bowling.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Great point Sterile!

Cannot imagine what it would be like being a “guitarist” or “bassist” “for a band whose mix is a track being pushed out the speakers everything is just cut and paste. Could a truly live version of this song without any falsification could be that much more difficult!? Is this a bad decision or a management decision to operate this way?
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

For a second I thought I was watching a soundcheck.

No energy on that stage whatsoever.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Blerg. Never been a big metalcore guy except for maybe a couple of Avenged Sevenfold songs. And I've always thought these guys have the absolute worst godawful band name. I mean, what the fuck does Asking Alexandria even mean?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

Faceless & forgettable. At least they play instruments?
JourneyRules
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by JourneyRules »

I guess the Ultimate Warrior didn't through to them after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4LajSyRojE
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

ParaDime77 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:45 pm Complete country music hard rock presentation.
What's the country music comparison?
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

ParaDime77 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:08 pm Great point Sterile!

Cannot imagine what it would be like being a “guitarist” or “bassist” “for a band whose mix is a track being pushed out the speakers everything is just cut and paste. Could a truly live version of this song without any falsification could be that much more difficult!? Is this a bad decision or a management decision to operate this way?

Seriously. What’s that like for your self-esteem to be a professional musician and then after the show you’re backstage and people are telling you what a great job you did and you get to be like “Aw shucks. No, it was nothing, really!”

Just my opinion but I don’t even think it’s a bad or management decision, it’s just how things are now. Audiences have become accustomed to perfection. We’re in a new American Bandstand era where it’s just sort of accepted that everything’s fake. I hate it.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

not sad.
There’s been no good rock band since Alice In Chains so anyone who goes to these shows is ordering a shit sandwich from the restaurant
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

gtshark1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:47 am
ParaDime77 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:45 pm Complete country music hard rock presentation.
What's the country music comparison?
A live vocal over a track. None of the choruses are remotely live. I recall seeing Thomas Rhett in concert a while back and it was cut and paste just like this junk.