BACK on SUNSET STRIP ... TUFF returns to Hollywood on Friday August 23rd 2024, our 1st West Coast show in years!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

BACK on SUNSET STRIP ... TUFF returns to Hollywood on Friday August 23rd 2024, our 1st West Coast show in years!

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

This will be our 1st show on the Sunset Strip in many many years...

Look for the announcement from the Whisky-A-Go-Go shortly with a Ticket link at their site.

Super stoked for some NEWS... coming your way, from TUFF and RLS Records...

Not to mention... a few more dates (countries) that might be added to this summer's SHAMELESS tour in Europe!

ON the ship now... and yes... the MORC was awesome... what an amazing time... more later!

Last nite in the Caribbean... see you soon Miami and then off to LaX!

$tEvil
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: BACK on SUNSET STRIP ... TUFF returns to Hollywood on Friday August 23rd 2024, our 1st West Coast show in years!

Post by Spongie »

Very nice. Good luck keeping Carlos away from your deli platter.

Hollywood gonna be papered with ‘Stonebreed featuring special guest Tuff’ flyers. 🤣
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Re: BACK on SUNSET STRIP ... TUFF returns to Hollywood on Friday August 23rd 2024, our 1st West Coast show in years!

Post by Rocker4Real »

Whisky and Rainbow trip!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Give us what we want!
Nov 2 Lita Ford at Whisky

Vs
Nov 2 Tuff at The Viper Room!

MORL - Monsters Of Rock on Land! f*ck the boat! 🛥️
Aug 23 Tuff Mania
Aug 24??? Motley Priest at Bar Sinister??
Aug 25 Def Leppard -Sofi Stadium!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

Who are you opening for?

I am going to guess 7 Opening Bands. One of the following will be a pay to play band - Foxy Roxx, Villa Nova, or The Hard Way. Will Stonebreed be asked to join?
wakeandjake
Picking a Band Name

Post by wakeandjake »

AWESOME, CAN'T WAIT. BOUT TIME!
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TuFF intend to make this Whisky show a little 'extra' special... in a few ways.

Can't wait...

A few cool little details... that we hope will make it that much more worth the while for the fans and everyone involved.

The last time TuFF played the Sunset Strip, was the Rainbow Bar & Grill parking lot party in 2016.
> https://metalsludge.tv/rainbow-bar-l-a- ... -of-power/

The last time we played the Whisky... was the Annual Cruefest in July of 2012, a dozen years ago. TuFF also played the Cruefest in 2005.

Other than the Cruefest or the Rainbow party, TuFF last played the Whisky, on in August of 2009, with Killingbird! 15 Years ago!

Save the date, and mark the calendar, Friday August 23rd 2024!

$tEvil
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

the countdown is ON!!!!!

168 days, 05 hours, 27 minutes, 40 seconds

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/w ... nt=cursive
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Blumpkin King wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 am Who are you opening for?

I am going to guess 7 Opening Bands. One of the following will be a pay to play band - Foxy Roxx, Villa Nova, or The Hard Way. Will Stonebreed be asked to join?
i was wondering this myself. how many tix do you need to sell to break even?
_underscore_
Headlining Clubs

Post by _underscore_ »

:twisted: Free tix for Sludge posters??? :twisted:
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

There are always opening bands on these bills, on any bill!

Not sure how many, or what they'll "Agree to" via their individual contracts, but I am pretty sure EVERY opening band will be required to sell tix, to be on the bill.

And I am ALL FOR THIS... it's part of the process... and yes, Tuff did this too... a few times, but... we also quickly proved ourselves, and by our 3rd show we headlined and got paid as well.

When I managed Vains of Jenna also did a few PPTP gigs, but in that situation, they also quickly proved themselves, and soon they were getting a guarantee, and the openers were paying to be on the bill with them.

If you come to Hollywood, thinking you deserve a record deal, to get signed, be on the radio, on tour, etc... then... truth is, if your band cannot hustle enough to sell 10-15 tix per member... you do NOT deserve to play the Whisky-A-Go-Go or be on a bill with National Recording Artists to start with.

Every band thinks they are better than the next, better than the other singer or guitarist... and it's up to you, each of you, or collectively as a group, to do what it takes to draw a crowd... whether you're GREAT players, or have GREAT songs, or you're GREAT looking, have a GREAT image, put on a GREAT show, or other.

If you cannot qualify any of the above... time to find another career path!

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:58 pm

i was wondering this myself. how many tix do you need to sell to break even?
My guess is... each of the bands, will sign a contract to sell anywhere from 50-75 or 100 tix.

The deal is, something like "Here are 50 tix, @ $15.00 each." and you can sell them for whatever you want... more, or less or give them away.

That would be a $750.00 contract, and you are required to bring the cash, to sound-check, day of show... if you don't have it, you do not play.

If there is 5 guys in the band. each guy is responsible to move 10 tix... can't be that hard, right? Your Mom or Dad, a sister, or brother, GF, or friends, work mates, etc...

With VoJ, we would offer the tix @ $15.00 and give the fan, a Dog Tag, sticker, and Guitar Pick with their ticket.

Or... pay, $25.00 and get a CD with it, or $30.00 get a Tee or pay $45.00 and get the Tix, their CD, and Tee.

We used it to help promote the band's music, upgrade Tix into packages, and more. Even as a Pay To Play band, we (they) ALWAYS profited, every show!

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

_underscore_ wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:26 pm :twisted: Free tix for Sludge posters??? :twisted:
Nope!

$tEvil
VinnieStJohn
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by VinnieStJohn »

Are you doing the typical hairband thing and playing Vamp'd that weekend as well to spread costs?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

What an interesting few weeks it has been... hmmmm....

Friday August 23rd 2024, at the Whisky on Sunset Strip, will be a very special gig for sure...

Yes... we have a few things in store... fingers crossed that all goes as planned!

Can't wait...

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

VinnieStJohn wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:44 am Are you doing the typical hairband thing and playing Vamp'd that weekend as well to spread costs?
Typical hairband thing? As if, no other style of music would do something similar? Lol

Yes... plan will be to play in Vegas, or Phx, or somewhere close, and make a weekend out of it...

$tEvil
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Spongie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:30 am Very nice. Good luck keeping Carlos away from your deli platter.

Hollywood gonna be papered with ‘Stonebreed featuring special guest Tuff’ flyers. 🤣
Thought he was doing the catering? Donkey meat for all!
The power of Sludge compels you.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TUFF at the Whisky-A-Go-Go is less than 5 months away...

Can't wait...

---------------------------

For those who do not know... now you KNOW!

Tuff will return to the Sunset Strip and play the world famous Whisky-A-Go-Go for the 1st time in well over a decade...

Who is coming down?

Friday August 23rd 2024
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Hollywood, CA

Oh, and we have a few special surprises up our sleeve... this is going to be a VERY SPECIAL night for TuFF, for the Whisky and for all of those in attendance!

Can't wait... save the date, reserve your tickets and tables now!

TuFF is...
Stevie Rachelle / Vocals
Todd Chaisson / Bass
Billy Morris / Guitar
Tod 'T' Burr / Drums

This is going to be awesome... 😉

> https://www.facebook.com/stevierachelle ... EgSsGMAvXl

----------------------------

$tEvil :D
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Might have to be in Seattle that weekend. If not I’m gonna have to check this out! Long time coming.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:32 am What an interesting few weeks it has been... hmmmm....

Friday August 23rd 2024, at the Whisky on Sunset Strip, will be a very special gig for sure...

Yes... we have a few things in store... fingers crossed that all goes as planned!

Can't wait...

$tEvil
Duet wit Bach? Spooncontest with Phil? Blotz on drums? Stonebreed selling burgers with cheese sidestage?
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!: