Been a while since we had a heartwarming Wolfgang Van Halen tale

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Been a while since we had a heartwarming Wolfgang Van Halen tale

Post by BernieTaupson »

TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Been a while since we had a heartwarming Wolfgang Van Halen tale

Post by TooOldToCare »

The dude has to be a headcase. Nepo-fatty, dad is a guitar *AND* asshole legend. Famous mom. Fatass. Has both hereditary and personal excuses for being a depressed asshole.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:48 am The dude has to be a headcase. Nepo-fatty, dad is a guitar *AND* asshole legend. Famous mom. Fatass. Has both hereditary and personal excuses for being a depressed asshole.
And an only child of divorced addict parents. He hit the dysfunction lotto.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

people die - get over it
It’s never sad
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

There is no doubt the DLR story about Wolfgang having his guests ejected is true.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Yep. Daddy insisted on booting Sauce and hiring Wolfnuts so it would be 3-1.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

You know, the more we learn about Wolf the more I’m wondering if he pulled the same trick Hagar did when he joined and pretty much usurped control of the band since Ed was out of his mind on substances and easy to control.

We always assumed it was Ed who booted Sauce. Maybe Wolf was angling for the job the whole time? “I can play better than that guy pops! I’m a Van Halen too!”
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

That's why he needs to work with a publicist and think twice before Tweeting like this. Many will not give your music a chance if they don't like your personality.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:23 am
We always assumed it was Ed who booted Sauce. Maybe Wolf was angling for the job the whole time? “I can play better than that guy pops! I’m a Van Halen too!”
"Besides, Mike's too fat!"

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

Wolfgang’s fat.

Tag, you’re it.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:21 am That's why he needs to work with a publicist and think twice before Tweeting like this. Many will not give your music a chance if they don't like your personality.
I fully agree, he needs someone to administer his public postings.

Regarding the latter 'personality' comment: For me, music comes first, I separate the art from the artist.

Even though some musicians might have rough/undesirable personalities, their skills are undeniable. My view is that music transcends personality, primarily because I will never interact with the musician on a person a level.

Bad personality aside, WVH's talent is undeniable, he is an amazing musician, I'll keep listening to his band as long as the music resonates with me, i.e. quality remains high and is enjoyable.
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

skinni wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:34 am
Rocker4Real wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:21 am That's why he needs to work with a publicist and think twice before Tweeting like this. Many will not give your music a chance if they don't like your personality.
I fully agree, he needs someone to administer his public postings.

Regarding the latter 'personality' comment: For me, music comes first, I separate the art from the artist.

Even though some musicians might have rough/undesirable personalities, their skills are undeniable. My view is that music transcends personality, primarily because I will never interact with the musician on a person a level.

Bad personality aside, WVH's talent is undeniable, he is an amazing musician, I'll keep listening to his band as long as the music resonates with me, i.e. quality remains high and is enjoyable.
I understand. I listen to a lot of musicians that say and do things I don't agree with. Someone's reputation does play a big role in marketing and getting the public to be willing to listen.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:23 am You know, the more we learn about Wolf the more I’m wondering if he pulled the same trick Hagar did when he joined and pretty much usurped control of the band since Ed was out of his mind on substances and easy to control.

Supporting this theory: There would never be a new studio album or probably anything at all beyond the 2007-8 reunion tour if Wolf wasn't in the band. Can't see Ed or even Roth pilfering their demos for song ideas without someone pushing them. Wasn't the original idea to tag a couple of remastered 79s demos onto a compilation to cash in on the reunion hype - not a new studio album?
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:54 am Image
Where did you find that honeymoon pic?

Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

I'm pretty sure I remember that. But yeah, a spoiled and entitled piece of shit.

I wonder if he still has that tweet up?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Love_Industry wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:30 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:23 am You know, the more we learn about Wolf the more I’m wondering if he pulled the same trick Hagar did when he joined and pretty much usurped control of the band since Ed was out of his mind on substances and easy to control.

Supporting this theory: There would never be a new studio album or probably anything at all beyond the 2007-8 reunion tour if Wolf wasn't in the band. Can't see Ed or even Roth pilfering their demos for song ideas without someone pushing them. Wasn't the original idea to tag a couple of remastered 79s demos onto a compilation to cash in on the reunion hype - not a new studio album?
Good point. I'm sure he was looking ahead toward developing his own career. The other 3 couldn't care less about any new VH music by that time.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Ya know, with Wolf? The more I learn about him the less I care for him.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

So what vile things did Wolfie say to the OP’s friend? We didn’t see that part.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

[/quote]

^ Fuck Off
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Turner Coates wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:04 am Image
:lol:
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Hair styled with pizza grease.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Love_Industry wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:30 am

Pffff, there was no need to pilver anything.....Just download the Looney Tunes double bootleg cd and they would have had all these songs ready and collected.
All that shit was available since the mid to late 90's.
I could have given Ed or Dave a copy within 15 minutes.
Just select the songs you want to release and start recording (though in Dave's case he had to write new lyrics quite a bit on the old songs)....
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:50 pm Image
Ever notice how DLR, Slash, Vince Neil, Paul Stanley, Mick Jagger, Steve Tyler, Steve Pearcy, Stevie Vai, Steve Perry, Steve Harris, etc etc etc etc all seemed to be able to go out in public without their mommy at all times?

No wonder everyone still refers to a guy who's a half decade older than Kurt Cobain ever got to as a "kid".
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Nobodyspecial
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Nobodyspecial »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:46 am
Ever notice how DLR, Slash, Vince Neil, Paul Stanley, Mick Jagger, Steve Tyler, Steve Pearcy, Stevie Vai, Steve Perry, Steve Harris, etc etc etc etc all seemed to be able to go out in public without their mommy at all times?

No wonder everyone still refers to a guy who's a half decade older than Kurt Cobain ever got to as a "kid".

Just wait until the wife dumps his fat ass & takes half his money. You think he is fat now? He'll blow up like a blimp eating everything in site and crying in mommies lap.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Turner Coates wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:57 am Image
:lol:
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

No way did he come out of Valeries front-bottom. Her Pelvic floor must be shattered.
Kerry67
Recording Debut Album

Post by Kerry67 »

Nobodyspecial wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 am
HueyRamone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:46 am

Just wait until the wife dumps his fat ass & takes half his money. You think he is fat now? He'll blow up like a blimp eating everything in site and crying in mommies lap.
Absolutely will happen