Famous people you saw live before they were famous?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Famous people you saw live before they were famous?

Post by aznsquirt »

In the music world, one I can think of is seeing both Alien Ant Farm and Papa Roach at a park in Stockton in 1999 shortly before they both broke big. I had a chance to be in the "My Last Resort" video and blew it off.

In the NASCAR world, I grew up in racing and have ties in that world so I was around/knew all kinds of guys long before they became stars.
VicStelly wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:36 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:15 am
VicStelly wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:06 am I banged Terri Schivo. Not a musician but still noteable
Before or after her heart attack?
Was a piss mopper in the hospital. Got in early before she got much attention. I liked her moaning.
Moaning? That would've been relevant to the legal battles.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

aznsquirt wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:03 pm In the music world, one I can think of is seeing both Alien Ant Farm and Papa Roach at a park in Stockton in 1999 shortly before they both broke big. I had a chance to be in the "My Last Resort" video and blew it off.

In the NASCAR world, I grew up in racing and have ties in that world so I was around/knew all kinds of guys long before they became stars.
VicStelly wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:36 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:15 am

Before or after her heart attack?
Was a piss mopper in the hospital. Got in early before she got much attention. I liked her moaning.
Moaning? That would've been relevant to the legal battles.
Oh damn that's a great video you missed out on being in.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
skatexedge
Headlining Clubs

Post by skatexedge »

Poison opening for Jetboy at The Stone in SF.

Primus at the Berkeley Square.

Green Day at Gilman St.
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

Lady Gaga playing to about 30 people.
My band played on bills with Eve 6, Lit & Alien Ant Farm when they were club bands.
Katie Perry & Eminem at Warped Tour when they 1st started out and were basically ignored. People were throwing trash at Eminem. Both were chart toppers within the year.
Kara's Flowers (which became Maroon 5).
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

pieceofme wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:46 pm Oh damn that's a great video you missed out on being in.
Haha yeah for sure. I wasn't a fan of the band or anything at the time (in fact I didn't realize at the time I'd already seen them live). I had some friends from Vacaville in their circle who invited me and I just blew it off mostly because it would've been a bit of a drive for me. If I had any idea it would've ended up on MTV, a huge hit etc. I wouldn't have thought twice. Oh well.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:04 am I miss the living room and babyhead. I lived on Atwells and would walk over all the time.
My chemical romance played my parents basement twice in NJ, I think they’ve sold over 10million records at this point. Brand new and fall out boy as well.
The Living Room (the original one) was such a shit hole. I saw Extreme (prior to the release of their first lp), Ace Frehley ("Trouble Walkin'"), Ramones, and Physical Graffiti (Led Zep tribute) there. A piece of shit pulled a nail on one of my friends at the Ramones show. We got one of the bouncers to remove that POS from the show.

The original was torn down. The second Living Room was another dump. I only went in there once to see a friend's band.

Never went to Club Babyhead.
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

I saw Metallica back in January 1984. They weren't exactly world famous yet, as evidenced by opening for Raven.
CanadianMetal
Opening for Slaughter

Post by CanadianMetal »

Devin Townsend / Strapping Young Lad , went to see a friend’s band and the headliner was a new band SYL no one had heard of before. Once they started playing , holy fuck, you knew you were witnessing some immense talent from every member, especially the frontman . Was lucky to hang out with Devin a number of times over and years . Always so humble and cool to chat with .

Stu Block , Way before he became the singer for Iced Earth , I saw him a number of times playing with his unsigned band Omega Crom , in Vancouver. He was an incredible singer that could go from Halford like to Death Metal in the same sentence. I had never seen anyone sing like that before , as it was well before that style was even a “thing” . The drummer is still a friend I keep in contact with .
POUNDING THE WORLD LIKE A BATTERING RAM !!!
500DaysofNight
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by 500DaysofNight »

Saw Chris Jericho, Kane among others when they were first starting out wrestling around the East TN area. Crazy to see what both guys went on to do in their careers.