Eric Carmen R.I.P

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Venus Flytrap
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Eric Carmen R.I.P

Post by Venus Flytrap »

His wife announced he died in his sleep over the weekend. Had some good songs with The Rasberries and solo. "Make Me Lose Control" always takes me back to the summer before High School.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: Eric Carmen R.I.P

Post by dmbrocker »

Venus Flytrap wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:01 pm His wife announced he died in his sleep over the weekend. Had some good songs with The Rasberries and solo. "Make Me Lose Control" always takes me back to the summer before High School.
Yeah, "Make Me Lose Control" is a great song. "Hungry Eyes" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, too. And, of course, "All By Myself". Sad news...RIP
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

seriously you guys??

Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

R.I.P.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Venus Flytrap wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:01 pm His wife announced he died in his sleep over the weekend. Had some good songs with The Rasberries and solo. "Make Me Lose Control" always takes me back to the summer before High School.
I have no feelings on this one, but dying in your sleep is the way to go if you're not ill or in pain. As my father lay dying in hospice for two months said, "A good heart attack or unexpected death is underrated."

74 feels too young when one is pushing 60.
mrsnikkisixx
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrsnikkisixx »

Never Gonna Fall In Love Again is superior. I will die on this hill.
str
Playing Frat Parties

Post by str »

"Make Me Lose Control" always takes me back to the summer before High School.
[/quote]

Jr. High for me
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

dmbrocker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:07 pm
Yeah, "Make Me Lose Control" is a great song. "Hungry Eyes" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, too. And, of course, "All By Myself". Sad news...RIP
Those are the only 3 songs I know from him actually. Make Me Lose Control and Hungry Eyes are as "Eddie Money" as it gets without actually being Eddie Money! Great 80's pop/rock tunes. RIP, Eric!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"