Bulletboys and Metallica.......?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Ralph2
Learning KISS Riffs

Bulletboys and Metallica.......?

Post by Ralph2 »

Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: Bulletboys and Metallica.......?

Post by Wild Obsession »

Ralph2 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:17 am https://blabbermouth.net/news/bulletboy ... t-trujillo

Wild !
I'm sure this will be "breaking news" for Trujillo as well......... :roll:
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Wild Obsession wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:24 am
Ralph2 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:17 am https://blabbermouth.net/news/bulletboy ... t-trujillo

Wild !
I'm sure this will be "breaking news" for Trujillo as well......... :roll:
Ha...ya...Cause Metallica are so good at allowing scab bass players to have side projects.
HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HottKarl777 »

I don't care how long Rob is in the band he will never be "Metallica" in any capacity. Crab walking motherfucker is lucky Jason had fuck you money.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Saw this on Blabbermouth and had a nice chuckle 😂
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

I had no idea that Hetfield was a huge fan of their 1st release - can't imagine him listening to "Smooth Up in Ya" without laughing.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Metallica corporation leaking this kind of PR involving one of it’s members? I don’t buy it for a second.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

skinni wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:31 pm I had no idea that Hetfield was a huge fan of their 1st release - can't imagine him listening to "Smooth Up in Ya" without laughing.
I'm fairly sure most of these thrash bands at some point or another have finally admitted to liking the hair metal acts of their day to a certain extent. That whole "bagging on pussy glam f*gz" shtick was largely just that: a gimmick for show.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:39 pm
skinni wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:31 pm I had no idea that Hetfield was a huge fan of their 1st release - can't imagine him listening to "Smooth Up in Ya" without laughing.
I'm fairly sure most of these thrash bands at some point or another have finally admitted to liking the hair metal acts of their day to a certain extent. That whole "bagging on pussy glam f*gz" shtick was largely just that: a gimmick for show.
I believe that after Jeff Young got booted out of Megadeth, he auditioned for Danger Danger.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Oh, yeah...that happened. 🙄
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I read the whole article again and couldn’t stop laughing again

The whole thing is hilarious
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

daveg wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:54 am Ha...ya...Cause Metallica are so good at allowing scab bass players to have side projects.
Yeah, cause lord knows Metallica's attitude on this couldn't have changed in 25 years.

Robert (and Kirk) literally had a side project when he joined Metallica, and has formed other side projects over the last 10 years. James has even gone on record saying he's okay with it.

God damn you say some dumb shit.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Debut BB album better than anything Metallica released
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:05 pm
I believe that after Jeff Young got booted out of Megadeth, he auditioned for Danger Danger.
Not sure if you meant Al Pitrelli, but he was both in Megadeth and Danger Danger. And also Savatage /TSO.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

aznsquirt wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:56 pm
daveg wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:54 am Ha...ya...Cause Metallica are so good at allowing scab bass players to have side projects.
Yeah, cause lord knows Metallica's attitude on this couldn't have changed in 25 years.

Robert (and Kirk) literally had a side project when he joined Metallica, and has formed other side projects over the last 10 years. James has even gone on record saying he's okay with it.

God damn you say some dumb shit.

:shock:
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

Love_Industry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:39 am
Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:05 pm

Not sure if you meant Al Pitrelli, but he was both in Megadeth and Danger Danger. And also Savatage /TSO.
I did not.

Jeff Young tried out for Danger Danger before their first album came out & didn’t get the gig.
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:54 am Jeff Young tried out for Danger Danger before their first album came out & didn’t get the gig.
So he lost out to Tony Bruno Rey? I've always liked his riffs. The S/T and the two Saraya albums have some good stuff on them.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

HoldenSSV wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:51 pm
Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:54 am Jeff Young tried out for Danger Danger before their first album came out & didn’t get the gig.
So he lost out to Tony Bruno Rey? I've always liked his riffs. The S/T and the two Saraya albums have some good stuff on them.
And of course Tony left in the middle of recording and got replaced by Andy Timmons who is also a superb hair metal guitarist.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

DangerZone wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 pm
Debut BB album better than anything Metallica released
I love the debut BB release, truly amazing, however, for me Ride the lightning is one of the best albums ever released, a true masterpiece.

In past Hetfield has mentioned various bands, including Venom, Merciful Fate, and other similar acts. I've never heard him ever mention BB.
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:58 pm
And of course Tony left in the middle of recording and got replaced by Andy Timmons who is also a superb hair metal guitarist.
Andy is awesome but is only credited on two songs.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:54 am
Jeff Young tried out for Danger Danger before their first album came out & didn’t get the gig.
Was this before or after he had a band with Jon Valen, the guy who believes he was the drummer in Judas Priest and Legs Diamond? :)
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:58 pm
I think that Jeff Young tried out at the same time
Timmons did, & Timmons got the gig, now that you mention it.