Is KK sinking all his money into KK's priest?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Is KK sinking all his money into KK's priest?

Post by Don't Damn Me »

I'm pretty sure I read in his book that he opened a golf resort that went belly up. And I think I also may have read that he sold his share of the priest catalog?

Looks like his band has some good productionvalue live. He's got real players to pay and record sales these days don't pay for a bus.

Reminds me of Adler's appetite 15 years ago where Steven was paying for a bus while the guys in the band handled the money and he'd be out of pocket at the end of each tour.

But I can understand if the attitude is just wanting to get back on top
Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Is KK sinking all his money into KK's priest?

Post by Zabooka »

I read an interview where Ripper wanted to do meet and greets but KK said no. So they can't be hurting that bad for money.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

I think selling his share of the catalogue put him back on steady ground, financially.

I don’t think this thing will be a losing venture… he won’t be raking in the cash but he can definitely do okay with it.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

I look at as that he's not as broke as people speculated.

And that he's going for it, with staging, videos etc, and hope it pays off for him. And it looks like it is, unlike that bullshit British Lion, that's just a complete exercise in futility.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

British Lion is fucking weird. A bunch of total never-were-beens playing pubs with Steve Harris doing clicky-clacky bass and standing there yelling the words like he’s doing a Maiden show. What the hell does he get out of it? He was even doing Lion gigs in between Maiden stadium shows last year. That’s just bizarre.
Luigi
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Luigi »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 pm British Lion is fucking weird. A bunch of total never-were-beens playing pubs with Steve Harris doing clicky-clacky bass and standing there yelling the words like he’s doing a Maiden show. What the hell does he get out of it? He was even doing Lion gigs in between Maiden stadium shows last year. That’s just bizarre.
Yes it was bizarre! I saw British Lion one day on the Sweden Rock Festival and it was painfully bad. The next day he was playing with Maiden and that was a brilliant concert. Funny thing is, he looked more into it when playing with British Lion.
I never post when I'm sober.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

FreddyFender wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:36 pm I think selling his share of the catalogue put him back on steady ground, financially.

I don’t think this thing will be a losing venture… he won’t be raking in the cash but he can definitely do okay with it.
Not sure if the money from selling the Priest publishing went into the bankruptcy proceedings or not.
If not, that was a good chunk of change that should carry him for the rest of his life.
He also sold off his guitars, some of which brought in over 100K a piece.......again not sure if that was part of the bankruptcy or not....
jens

Post by jens »

I heard from a promotor he was asking a gigantic fee this summer, hence only managing to book a handfull of festival dates.
jens

Post by jens »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 pm British Lion is fucking weird. A bunch of total never-were-beens playing pubs with Steve Harris doing clicky-clacky bass and standing there yelling the words like he’s doing a Maiden show. What the hell does he get out of it? He was even doing Lion gigs in between Maiden stadium shows last year. That’s just bizarre.
This is how jesus makes him use his fuckyoumoney.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

As punishment for him forcing Lauren Harris upon the world?
jens

Post by jens »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:18 am As punishment for him forcing Lauren Harris upon the world?
She looked great in leather pants, gave Richie Faulkner a paycheck and was more tolerable than openers they had before and after. The least of his sins.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Agree! Saw one set on the cruise. Snooze material. Without Harris, they are toast. NO one wants to hear that crap.
The power of Sludge compels you.
kwf
Headlining Clubs

Post by kwf »

John Entwistle used to tour his solo band to a financial loss to have a tax write off
Total Package
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

Huge missed opportunity not doing meet & greets. When I was out with the B-52’s Fred would do a little get together after the shows, It was limited to 15 people and he pocketed an extra 5k every night. It doesn’t have to be huge ordeal at 3pm or whatever when you want to eat or chill in the hotel….shit can pay for your bus or your sound guy, etc
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:49 pm I look at as that he's not as broke as people speculated.

And that he's going for it, with staging, videos etc, and hope it pays off for him. And it looks like it is, unlike that bullshit British Lion, that's just a complete exercise in futility.
Be interested to Kenneth's financy-stuff. Looked up when he auctioned his classic Vs, internet says he got $291,000 from the '67 and the medallion alone.

That's L.A. house downpayment money!
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Sleek wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:21 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:49 pm I look at as that he's not as broke as people speculated.

Be interested to Kenneth's financy-stuff. Looked up when he auctioned his classic Vs, internet says he got $291,000 from the '67 and the medallion alone.

That's L.A. house downpayment money!
He owns the club in Wolverhampton too... which people dont usually do when they're teetering on the brink.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

He should be sinking all his money into the band
What else would he spend it on? He can’t be around much longer..he should live like a king
Money should be spent on Ripper- he is reason to go

Why would you ever invest in golf course? Miniature golf is cash machine for life
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

I understand that Ken lives a short distance from Glenn in the midlands in England, it’s pretty sad how things have turned out and they don’t see each other or even speak.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:35 am I understand that Ken lives a short distance from Glenn in the midlands in England, it’s pretty sad how things have turned out and they don’t see each other or even speak.
That whole band is ridiculous in how they interact with each other.
Rob leaves the band 'by accident' and quickly wants back in, but in the 6 years he had until Ripper joined he never thought, mmmhhhh, let's give the guys a phone call.
Then when Ripper is in the band and they are a huge commercial flop, he still doesn't give a call!

Same with KK, leaves the band by writing 2 letters, instead of just talking to them.

Weirdos.....
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:52 am
Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:35 am I understand that Ken lives a short distance from Glenn in the midlands in England, it’s pretty sad how things have turned out and they don’t see each other or even speak.
Rob leaves the band 'by accident' and quickly wants back in, but in the 6 years he had until Ripper joined he never thought, mmmhhhh, let's give the guys a phone call.
Then when Ripper is in the band and they are a huge commercial flop, he still doesn't give a call!

Same with KK, leaves the band by writing 2 letters, instead of just talking to them.

Weirdos.....
Something is seriously wrong in the band right down to the fact that Glenn ditched Samantha Motherf*ckin' Fox to sleep with their manager, basically an older and uglier version of Fox.... before that they used to get along. Or so it seemed.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:38 am
El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:52 am

Weirdos.....
Something is seriously wrong in the band right down to the fact that Glenn ditched Samantha Motherf*ckin' Fox to sleep with their manager, basically an older and uglier version of Fox.... before that they used to get along. Or so it seemed.
And not only does she look like a female Ozzy, she has a horrible, annoying personality she cant help but show through every time she writes something

Here's a particularly annoying one, 5 months before Halford's return...
Andrews writes, "There are yet again stories circulating regarding a 'quote' that was made [by JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis] - to put the record straight - this is totally incorrect - Ripper Owens is JUDAS PRIEST's vocalist and we are not planning any Summer shows with Rob Halford - in other words nothing has changed!!! As I have said a million times unless you hear it from us as an OFFICIAL announcement DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!"
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:38 am Something is seriously wrong in the band right down to the fact that Glenn ditched Samantha Motherf*ckin' Fox to sleep with their manager, basically an older and uglier version of Fox.... before that they used to get along. Or so it seemed.
Well given Sam Fox is a lesbian the decision was likely made for Glenn.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Glenn has always been a dork.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

jens wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:16 am
Between lyrics and merch he must have some serious bank. Merch alone...
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:26 pm Glenn has always been a dork.
Can't argue that one.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

I always thought of Rob as the dorky element of the band. Especially when you compare him to somebody like Bruce Dickinson.
And I thought Glenn was like the cool one. No matter where you stand on that I think everyone has to admit he is a way underrated guitarist and songwriter
jens

Post by jens »

killdrum wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:47 pm
Lyrics? You mean he's selling poetry books or something?
Harris is the main songwriter and all around boss, the family's set for generations.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

jens wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:55 am
killdrum wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:47 pm

Lyrics? You mean he's selling poetry books or something?
Harris is the main songwriter and all around boss, the family's set for generations.
Yes his book of poetry was a bestseller. "Rhymes of the ancient bass pointer".

Thank you. Good night,Detroit!
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:24 pm
I always thought of Rob as the dorky element of the band. Especially when you compare him to somebody like Bruce Dickinson.
And I thought Glenn was like the cool one. No matter where you stand on that I think everyone has to admit he is a way underrated guitarist and songwriter
Can't he be both? A dork AND a talented guitarist and songwriter?
In the 80s Rob was anything but dorky. He was the Metal God.
His dorkiness started around Painkiller and got progressively worse.
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

In the 80s Rob was anything but dorky. He was the Metal God.
His dorkiness started around Painkiller and got progressively worse.

No I'm sorry man but he never looked cool. He looked like he rolled out of the Blue Oyster.
[/quote]