Tony Martin Sabbath FINALLY happening - proof

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Tony Martin Sabbath FINALLY happening - proof

Post by BernieTaupson »

BernieTaupson

Re: Tony Martin Sabbath FINALLY happening - proof

Post by BernieTaupson »

Borges
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Borges »

Cool! Probably very few people will care but I like those albums and they were long out of print. Will buy it.
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

Sabbath is cool because there are multiple variants to explore, Tony Martin is an obvious Dio clone to me but it's awesome to go back and dig into seem deep cuts with this guy, good stuff.
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

I think that link might be bad. try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aEYGp ... 1l6gQE5h4A
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

hopefully we'll get the "Born Again" remix at some point...
JizzySynatra

Post by JizzySynatra »

Tony said in an interview that Eddie Van Halen came in to write a song that ended up being Evil Eye from Cross Purposes. Tony says he has the recordings from the session. https://www.vhnd.com/2022/07/22/tony-m ... -recorded/
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

JizzySynatra wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:19 am Tony said in an interview that Eddie Van Halen came in to write a song that ended up being Evil Eye from Cross Purposes. Tony says he has the recordings from the session. https://www.vhnd.com/2022/07/22/tony-m ... -recorded/
I'm pretty sure that isn't included in the new release, sadly.
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/black-s ... i-box-set/

Black Sabbath will revisit their oft-overlooked Tony Martin era with the upcoming Anno Domini 1989-1995 box set.

The collection arrives on May 31 in four-LP and four-CD configurations. It will feature newly remastered versions of 1989's Headless Cross, 1990's Tyr and 1994's Cross Purposes, plus a new version of 1995's Forbidden that guitarist Tony Iommi remixed specially for the collection.

Anno Domini marks the vinyl debut of several of these albums, while the CD version contains three exclusive bonus tracks: the B-side "Cloak & Dagger" and the Japan-only songs "What's the Use" and "Loser Gets It All." The box set also includes a booklet of photos, artwork and liner notes, as well as a Headless Cross poster and replica concert book from the Headless Cross Tour.

Tony Martin's recording career with Sabbath concluded with Forbidden, their last album until 2013's Osbourne-fronted 13. Iommi has long sought to improve the sound of Forbidden, originally produced by Body Count guitarist Ernie C. (Ice-T also guests on "The Illusion of Power.")

"I was never happy with the guitar sound, and Cozy [Powell] was definitely never happy with the drum sound ... so, I thought it would be nice to do it for him in a way," Iommi said in a statement. "I just felt that, without changing any of the songs, there was an opportunity to go back and bring out some of the sounds and make it more what people would expect Sabbath to sound like."

CD Track Listing

Headless Cross (1989) -Remastered-

“The Gates Of Hell”
“Headless Cross”
“Devil & Daughter”
“Kill In The Spirit World”
“Call Of The Wild”
“Black Moon”
“Nightwing”
Bonus Track: “Cloak And Dagger”

Tyr (1990) -Remastered-

“Anno Mundi”
“The Law Maker”
“Jerusalem”
“The Sabbath Stones”
“The Battle Of Tyr”
“Odin’s Court”
“Valhalla”
“Feels Good To Me”
“Heaven In Black”

Cross Purposes (1994) -Remastered-

“I Witness”
“Cross Of Thorns”
“Psychophobia”
“Virtual Death”
“Immaculate Deception”
“Dying For Love”
“Back To Eden”
“The Hand That Rocks The Cradle”
“Cardinal Sin”
“Evil Eye”
Bonus Track: “What’s The Use”

Forbidden (1995) -Remixed-

“The Illusion Of Power” – featuring Ice-T
“Get A Grip”
“Can’t Get Close Enough”
“Shaking Off The Chains”
“I Won’t Cry For You”
“Guilty As Hell”
“Sick And Tired”
“Rusty Angels”
“Forbidden”
“Kiss Of Death”
Bonus Track: “Loser Gets It All"
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

alleyrulez wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:35 am
JizzySynatra wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:19 am Tony said in an interview that Eddie Van Halen came in to write a song that ended up being Evil Eye from Cross Purposes. Tony says he has the recordings from the session. https://www.vhnd.com/2022/07/22/tony-m ... -recorded/
No, they went for the bare minimum and included only the 3 bonus tracks that were already released.
I think all of them are also on the Japanese remasters that came out around 2009.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:51 pm
No, they went for the bare minimum and included only the 3 bonus tracks that were already released.
I think all of them are also on the Japanese remasters that came out around 2009.
Martin said in an interview that part of the deal he worked out with the Osbournes is that absolutely no new or unreleased music of any kind can be put out under the Black Sabbath name - they can only rerelease what’s already been put out.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:51 pm
Martin said in an interview that part of the deal he worked out with the Osbournes is that absolutely no new or unreleased music of any kind can be put out under the Black Sabbath name - they can only rerelease what’s already been put out.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Heard Headless Cross for the first time tonight. Never heard Martin before. Sounded like 3rd rate Sabbath to me...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:48 pm Heard Headless Cross for the first time tonight. Never heard Martin before. Sounded like 3rd rate Sabbath to me...
No shit! That’s what it is. Still some good songs.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Not a fan of those albums save for a few songs off of Cross Purposes.

Where's Eternal Idol? That's actually a pretty good album, the only TM album I like.
inextrem
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by inextrem »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:31 pm Not a fan of those albums save for a few songs off of Cross Purposes.

Where's Eternal Idol? That's actually a pretty good album, the only TM album I like.
Eternal Idol was on a major, this boxset only has the independent stuff released with Martin.
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

I’ll definitely buy it if it comes down in price.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:55 am I’ll definitely buy it if it comes down in price.
Maybe they will release standalone remastered CDs at regular price also - Leppard and Motörhead did that for their box sets. New master and packaging but no extras.
The Sacred Cowman
Headlining Clubs

Post by The Sacred Cowman »

I have all those albums already with bonus tracks, but I will still buy it. Tony Martin is my favorite Sabbath vocalist, Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, TYR and Cross Purposes are all top notch melodic metal albums, and I like Forbidden which is unfairly underrated. His solo albums(Back Where I Belong, Scream, Thorns) are all very good and most of his other projects are good also, such as The Cage, Forcefield II, Empire etc. Tony Iommi has been saying like the Tony Martin era didn't even exist, and I am glad that my favorite Sabbath era is getting some recognition.
Shredderpete

Post by Shredderpete »

I interviewed Iommi once and he was really proud of those records and spoke really kindly of Tony Martin. I guess it depends on what mood you catch him in.
jens

Post by jens »

FreddyFender wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:25 pm
That rumour can be put to bed: last year saw a deluxe of Live Evil with a new show.

The truth is much more pedestrian: they are really lazy in putting together these boxes. Look at the missed opportunities on Vol4/SBS/etc.
jens

Post by jens »

The Sacred Cowman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:39 am Tony Iommi has been saying like the Tony Martin era didn't even exist, and I am glad that my favorite Sabbath era is getting some recognition.
I've only seen him frustrated about the commercial failure of those albums/lineups, never about Martin as a singer or a bandmate.