How freaked out are you about fentanyl ?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

What measures do you take to protect yourself against the gateway drug fentanyl?

I have at least one narcan dose
5%
I have test strips
3%
I don't do drugs so there's no way it can affect me
53%
I have EMT programmed into my phone
2%
I only do drugs with other safe drug users
3%
My guy certifies his stuff
2%
I built up an immunity to it
No votes
There's no greater high
3%
None
28%

Total votes: 58
AlexVonHaig
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

How freaked out are you about fentanyl ?

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Casual user of weed at best but, it still freaks me out. Had a friend die 2 weeks ago.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: How freaked out are you about fentanyl ?

Post by Black Stuff »

not at all. Get my weed from a dispensary
The power of Sludge compels you.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

I actually stopped doing any blow whatsoever because of fentanyl (not that I even used with any frequency or regularity, more if someone showed up at a party or a show with some), and got into a strong fight with my girl who wanted to continue very occasionally despite the risk.

she sometimes liked a small "bump" if we were going out to a bar or a late night thing - it was relatively innocuous but when I saw the TINY amounts of fentanly that could kill you and didn't trust suppliers (nor have great confidence in the test strips), I just thought it was stupid to do anything even "recreationally." she said she "trusted" her supplier. I should have immediately broken up with her when she uttered those idiotic words. But.... the sex is good. sigh.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Don't use drugs, haven't in decades, but it does freak me out. It feels like we're entering a new low in terms of addiction. After doctors started going to jail for writing excessive pain pill scripts, it looked like things would get better.... but with fentanyl out there they got ever worse.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

Our yard has been inundated with Spice, sometimes known as K2. It's a synthetic cannabinoid that works on the same receptors as weed, but is way, way stronger. They soak paper in it and get it in through the mail and if done right, you can't even tell the paper is laced with anything. Spice is such an amorphous drug, always cut and prepared differently, that it's hard to even urine test for. This time though, the spice is cut with PCP and fentanyl. Over the last week, starting last Thursday, we've had probably 14 or 15 overdoses because of the shit, but not a single death because our officers are fucking awesome, and only three hospitalizations - our medical was able to handle the rest. I've seen inmates high on spice a thousand times, but this shit is a whole other level. We've gone through more Narcan in the last week than we have in the last six months.
There's some new shit coming out of Canadian pharmacies that's supposed to be like 14 times stronger. It's an absolutely insurmountable problem and it fucking scares me.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

veritas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:15 am I actually stopped doing any blow whatsoever because of fentanyl (not that I even used with any frequency or regularity, more if someone showed up at a party or a show with some), and got into a strong fight with my girl who wanted to continue very occasionally despite the risk.

she sometimes liked a small "bump" if we were going out to a bar or a late night thing - it was relatively innocuous but when I saw the TINY amounts of fentanly that could kill you and didn't trust suppliers (nor have great confidence in the test strips), I just thought it was stupid to do anything even "recreationally." she said she "trusted" her supplier. I should have immediately broken up with her when she uttered those idiotic words. But.... the sex is good. sigh.
Carry Narcan with you at all times!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

There's a theory that the Chinese are using it to kill Americans.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Rocker4Real wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:01 am There's a theory that the Chinese are using it to kill Americans.
Are they putting on darts and shooting people?
ImageImage
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

What do they put the fentanyl in? Just coke?
Or also weed, and if so... Why?

I'm not a drug user so I have no clue.
I did just discover something called research chemicals though, which is legal here.
From what I can see they slightly change the chemistry of a drug and then it is legal, but still mimic the original drug in functionality.
There's tons of websites for it here....
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:16 am What do they put the fentanyl in?
You can put it in pretty much anything. A dose big enough to get one seriously fucking high (or dead) would fit on the tip of a pencil. It can be powderized and put anywhere. Shit can be soaked in it, etc.
Image Image
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Mojo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:26 am
There's some new shit coming out of Canadian pharmacies that's supposed to be like 14 times stronger. It's an absolutely insurmountable problem and it fucking scares me.
You'd think those chemists would synthesize a drug that was strong as fuck, but couldnt kill you, like ultra-powerful weed, that also couldnt be tested for and could be soaked in paper.

Like the chemistry isnt only for a quality high, but ticks off all the boxes that an addict might run into. Cops, death, smuggling, etc.

But i guess no matter what it is, then you'd get people adding Fentanyl to that, so it would be a wash.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:36 am But i guess no matter what it is, then you'd get people adding Fentanyl to that, so it would be a wash.
Fentanyl and the stronger shit they're conjuring up are so fucking cheap that it makes total sense from a business point of view to cut anything they can with it. So yeah, no matter what, that shit is here to stay. Drug addicts don't give a fuck exactly what type of high they're getting as long as they're getting high. As long as there's just enough of whatever drug they actually want to be using is in there to get them the high they're looking for, they don't care that they're also getting fentanyl.
Image Image
Munchis
Recording Your Demo

Post by Munchis »

Fentanyl is no fun unless it's laced with Tranq.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

not freaked out about it - never done drugs and never will
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

A couple of years ago 3 comics died and I knew 2 of them and sadly it didn't stop most people I know from doing it as the prevailing thought in LA Comedy was "ahhh they just got a bad batch!" Have an acquaintance of mine who deals and the way he explained it to me was from Colombia to say Los Angeles and up your nostril it's been stepped on anywhere from 5-8 time times with who knows what? Way too risky so I'll just stick with Rockstar and Celsius to get my high, shit that stuff is probably more dangerous than coke.

Funniest think I've ever seen on You Tube was a comment on a Ric Flair clearly cocaine fueled promo
"they found traces of blood in his cocaine system!"
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
Demon Kogure
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by Demon Kogure »

veritas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:15 am I actually stopped doing any blow whatsoever because of fentanyl (not that I even used with any frequency or regularity, more if someone showed up at a party or a show with some), and got into a strong fight with my girl who wanted to continue very occasionally despite the risk.

I had to read this more than once, because at first I thought she died and you were talking about necrophilia. Still not sure
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Unfazed I don’t do drugs
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:16 am What do they put the fentanyl in? Just coke?
Or also weed, and if so... Why?

I'm not a drug user so I have no clue.
I did just discover something called research chemicals though, which is legal here.
From what I can see they slightly change the chemistry of a drug and then it is legal, but still mimic the original drug in functionality.
There's tons of websites for it here....
Other speculation is it's often accidental cross contamination. Coke and fent often comes from the same place, etc.

Me? Not freaked out. Decades of following drug issues have resigned me to the fact that measures / countermeasures only go in one direction.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

How does ‘your guy’ certify your garbage drugs? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone could overdose right under a free Narcan dispenser and I would still walk straight past.
Not my job to take care of these idiots. Arrest them and lock them up under some sort of program for 6-12 months.
But don’t let them flock together in specific neighbourhoods and then turn a blind eye.
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

Only thing I do are gummies from dispensaries. But I do have to serve and clean up after people who clearly don't make good choices and I'm told Fenny can harm you if you just touch it. My bar keeps Narcan behind the counter and it makes me nervous. If someone OD's what am I supposed to do with it? And what if they're epileptic and I mistake their seizure for an OD and hurt them with the Narcan? I'm not a trained EMT you wouldn't want your life in my hands. And I run the risk of being held liable! Its a weird situation that I did not sign up for when I got into bartending.
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

I wouldn't touch any powders unless I was in a Bolivian jungle and they cooked up a fresh batch right in front of me

That fent sh*t is killing lots of people, there are people that buy meds from a pharmacy in Mexico and die from cross contamination

Is it mainly America where this sh*t is happening? I haven't heard of other places where it's as bad as here, but maybe there is??

Stay away from this sh*t!!
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:05 am Only thing I do are gummies from dispensaries. But I do have to serve and clean up after people who clearly don't make good choices and I'm told Fenny can harm you if you just touch it. My bar keeps Narcan behind the counter and it makes me nervous. If someone OD's what am I supposed to do with it? And what if they're epileptic and I mistake their seizure for an OD and hurt them with the Narcan? I'm not a trained EMT you wouldn't want your life in my hands. And I run the risk of being held liable! Its a weird situation that I did not sign up for when I got into bartending.
Is it the nasal form of Narcan? That's the most common kind for civilian use. If so, it couldn't be easier to use. Hold the applicator with the nozzle between your pointer and middle finger, stick it up either nostril and use your thumb to depress. One shot up either nostril. Give the medication five minutes to work and if it doesn't, deploy a second application up the other nostril.
Narcan is completely harmless. It literally only affects opioid receptors. If the person you're treating isn't overdosing on an opioid, it will have no effect whatsoever. So if it's a seizure, it will do absolutely no harm. Most states also have good samaritan laws that won't hold you liable if you're legitimately trying to save a life. Never be afraid to use Narcan. It's a fucking miracle drug and is so, so simple to use.

As far as fentanyl being able to pass through skin, that has never been proven (thanks to Huey for that info). The particles are simply too large to pass through the skin barrier. If you ingest it in any way, however, you're fucked.
Image Image
CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by CrankerBait »

I was never into pills and I haven't touched coke, acid or mushrooms in the past twenty years. I'll smoke weed sometimes if it is homegrown by somebody I know or from a store, but I usually opt for gummies instead to avoid a sore throat, irritated lungs.

My kid is a an occasional weed smoker, but he seems to get his from the store, not a dealer. Scary to think that taking a hit off a stepped on joint could kill somebody.

I know a couple of people who died after using what they thought was Xanax and Oxy in the past few years. Both had serious substance abuse problems, but in both cases they weren't sold what they thought they were getting.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Not too. I stay away from all pills/powders etc... and taught my kids the same...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:05 am Only thing I do are gummies from dispensaries. But I do have to serve and clean up after people who clearly don't make good choices and I'm told Fenny can harm you if you just touch it. My bar keeps Narcan behind the counter and it makes me nervous. If someone OD's what am I supposed to do with it? And what if they're epileptic and I mistake their seizure for an OD and hurt them with the Narcan? I'm not a trained EMT you wouldn't want your life in my hands. And I run the risk of being held liable! Its a weird situation that I did not sign up for when I got into bartending.
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-shee ... d-overdose
Naloxone is an antidote to opioids that will reverse the effects of an opioid overdose if administered in time. Naloxone has virtually no effect in people who have not taken opioids.
ImageImage
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

honestly? i have no idea what it actually is...yes i've smoked pot but i've actively avoided everything else including alcohol...i knew people who did cocaine in the 80's and it basically turned them into idiots so i was always "no thank you"...d.m.
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

Hell yes I am freaked out about Fetty...because I've been out for almost 12 hours! I am happy to see that so far it appears that I'm the only fucking idiot here doing that stuff. I was a heroin addict for 20+ years and then about a year and a half ago I started doing those blue pills, but that only lasted a couple months before I switched to the fetty-powder (or tranq, called that because of the xylazine [animal tranquilizer] that is in it). It's pretty much as low as one can get. About the only way I could be any lower of a person would be if I also molested little kids, but I don't plan to start that.

I'd been managing fine since I've been on it, but last week was a problem. I had two nights that were the sickest I'd been from withdrawal in 10 years due to not being able to attain any. I'd forgotten how horrible withdrawal was since it had been so long.

MOJO, my brother has been doing six years fed time in Herlong (he gets out today!) and he says the same thing as you that Spice is a huge deal inside and people are doing all kinds of crazy shit when on it.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

veritas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:15 am I actually stopped doing any blow whatsoever because of fentanyl
This