Erik Gronwall Has left Skid Row.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Erik Gronwall Has left Skid Row.

Post by aznsquirt »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:46 am After the Lzzy Hale shows people will be saying Bach who? Erik who?
I'm really curious to see how her voice handles it these days. When they used to cover Slave to the Grind back in the day she absolutely killed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQTgSQRA0hU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5vpbhyd5Qg

The screams in these two clips are some of the most insane things I've ever heard.

Unfortunately, I saw a clip from 2020 and she was having to falsetto them. We shall see.
Anthrax442 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:14 pm
I'm pretty sure Lzzy Hale is a better guitarist than either Scotti or Snake, while we're at it...
She's not bad, but it would have been nice if either her or the other guitar player realized they were butchering the main riff when they covered Straight Through The Heart.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Indy_Rob wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:05 pm
She's only filling for 4 shows.
That was my point. They updated the member section, when she's not a member, just a fill in.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

skinni wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:32 pm Bach was king in the late 80's and early 90's, however, lost majority of his voice in the early to mid 90's and it's progressively degraded over the years.

SR will never reunite with him - he can't sing....

Sad to hear Erik left! His departure is a great loss for the band.

I have seen them a dozen or so times with Erik. By far, out of all the vocalists over the past 3 decades, he was their best.
You've seen Skid Row 12 or so times in the last 2 years?

How many times total?
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Has Erik announced what band he is going to ruin next?
Asphalt Ballet?
Kingofthehill?
Steelheart 2?
Be interesting what he does next
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Maybe Erik should join up with Mick Mars and just do a residency somewhere seeing as though neither of them can tour
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

So he had to quit in the middle or end of the tour? That doesn’t sound good.

I saw some clips from a days/few weeks ago and Erik sounded great and was nailing the screams.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 am So he had to quit in the middle or end of the tour? That doesn’t sound good.

I saw some clips from a days/few weeks ago and Erik sounded great and was nailing the screams.
In all honestly, I hope Erik is okay, it sounds like he's a good guy, and just touring probably isn't for him.

But my conspiracy theory alarm bells are going off with that date thing. Really odd coincidence for him to be gone right at two years, basically to the day.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Happy 2 year anniversary Erik
“GET THE F*CK OUT!”
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 am
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 am So he had to quit in the middle or end of the tour? That doesn’t sound good.

In all honestly, I hope Erik is okay, it sounds like he's a good guy, and just touring probably isn't for him.

But my conspiracy theory alarm bells are going off with that date thing. Really odd coincidence for him to be gone right at two years, basically to the day.

So... Contract was up and "both agreed" not to renew due to question marks about his health? I could see that.

It's weird to hear people on here talking about Skid Row like they're a current band, suggesting they "get settled" and take time off. This is a nostalgia weekend gig with occasional new music. Nothing more. The hunger to stage a big comeback was never there and not worth bringing Bach back into the fold. We're beyond the sweet spot for that anyway.

I just finished the "Nothing But a Good Time" book, and it's funny how everyone (excluding a couple Gn'R guys) hated Bach from the beginning. There's a funny moment with Ozzy telling Bach to "shut the fuck up" on the infamous flight to Moscow.

They put up with Bach as long as he was a major-label ticket, and once that was done, he was gone.

This band cycles in singers on an as-needed basis, regardless of the situation. That's always been the deal.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

Velvis wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:14 pm
skinni wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:32 pm Bach was king in the late 80's and early 90's, however, lost majority of his voice in the early to mid 90's and it's progressively degraded over the years.

SR will never reunite with him - he can't sing....

Sad to hear Erik left! His departure is a great loss for the band.

I have seen them a dozen or so times with Erik. By far, out of all the vocalists over the past 3 decades, he was their best.
You've seen Skid Row 12 or so times in the last 2 years?

How many times total?
not quite 12, total was 11 times - 4 in Europe and 7 in US

Back when he was with HEAT, I spend quite a bit of time between US and Europe, and would catch their European shows quite often. As you perhaps already know, his voice is incredibly powerful, truly one of the best.

I am looking forward to his new project.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Erik better not show up in acoustic Trixter- please don’t ruin this for me :lol:
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

LAglamrocker wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm Erik better not show up in acoustic Trixter- please don’t ruin this for me :lol:
:D :D :D
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

Luigi wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:00 am I know! They should let Fozzy be their new singer :D
VinnieStJohn
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by VinnieStJohn »

So, based on Erik's latest comments, it sounds like he asked the band to scale back touring because it was too much for him given his health situation (which they knew when they hired him), and they said no because they didnt want to give up the money.

If true, and they couldn't adjust the schedule to accommodate his health, f- them. Baz might be too good for them
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

VinnieStJohn wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:25 am So, based on Erik's latest comments, it sounds like he asked the band to scale back touring because it was too much for him given his health situation (which they knew when they hired him), and they said no because they didnt want to give up the money.

If true, and they couldn't adjust the schedule to accommodate his health, f- them. Baz might be too good for them
I mean, on one hand, I get where they're coming from, they've got to tour to make money. Even though Snake and Rachel famously have most of the writing credits, they don't have a song like Panama or Every Rose or We're Not Gonna Take It that's going to keep bringing in those residual checks.

On the other hand, as you stated, they knew what the deal was when they hired him, and they did it POST Covid, it's not like they had no idea what things could potentially be like. As an annoying Chihuahua as Bach might be, it takes two (three) people to have a disagreement, and their track record speaks for itself.
Deege
Headlining Clubs

Post by Deege »

Anthrax442 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:45 am
VinnieStJohn wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:25 am So, based on Erik's latest comments, it sounds like he asked the band to scale back touring because it was too much for him given his health situation (which they knew when they hired him), and they said no because they didnt want to give up the money.
If losing the only good thing they have going for them because of money was on the table...bringing back Bach would bring in money, might as well at this point if that's the reason they're doing this.
http://www.FuzzRecordingStudio.com
Affordable Multitrack Recording (Ohio)
http://www.SDMFworldwide.com
The Official Black Label Society Fan-Site
jens

Post by jens »

Chick Row sounds intriguing, but chances are slim she'll do better than Gronwall did.
Both sad and funny it's always the same with this band.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Chick Row, that's pretty good!

Sounds more appealing than Scab Row.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

Anthrax442 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:45 am

I mean, on one hand, I get where they're coming from, they've got to tour to make money. Even though Snake and Rachel famously have most of the writing credits, they don't have a song like Panama or Every Rose or We're Not Gonna Take It that's going to keep bringing in those residual checks.
I Remember You and 18 & Life are still bringing in some pretty good residual checks. Those are getting played daily on classic rock radio stations and 80s stations across the country. We don't need to start a Go Fund Me for them anytime soon.
LovePowerFromTheMamaHead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by LovePowerFromTheMamaHead »

killdrum wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 pm
Luigi wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:00 am I know! They should let Fozzy be their new singer :D
Fozzie was on the way to meet with Skid Row in his Studebaker, but he turned left at the fork in the road and kept moving right along.
ROADHEAD wrote:No, the book is live. I can see guys holding guitars in it. It's a live book.
DeathCurse wrote:A guy like Mamahead couldn't inspire anyone to hand over 5 bucks. He's not a douche, he's not awesome. He's just here.
Zabooka

Post by Zabooka »

Bach mentoring Lzzy to help her get his former job.

Halestorm w/ Sebastian Bach - "Slave to the Grind" - LIVE @ Golden Gods Press Conference
VIDEO: https://youtu.be/YwBUPLLn3zA
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Looks like Michael Grant will be new permanent singer after the chick