CAA thinks ACDC may be on the road through 2027........HAHA!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Ralph2
Learning KISS Riffs

CAA thinks ACDC may be on the road through 2027........HAHA!

Post by Ralph2 »

No F'n way unless it becomes a full tribute band.

They BARELY made it through PowerTrip.

Insurance and money burn cost must be insane on this with 1 day on and 3 days off............
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: CAA thinks ACDC may be on the road through 2027........HAHA!

Post by LAglamrocker »

Even The Poor were better band than AC DC
So was LA Guns and Love Hate as openers

Such a drag Dodger Stadium didn’t have good opening band. Still most boring stadium show I have ever seen

I’m definitely going ask God “why AC DC?”
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Ralph2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 pm No F'n way unless it becomes a full tribute band.

They BARELY made it through PowerTrip.

Insurance and money burn cost must be insane on this with 1 day on and 3 days off............
That's why it's gonna take thru 2027 assuming they make it that far.

It's why tickets have to be expensive.

They could have done what the Rolling Stones have done since 2013 and do 14-15 shows every year.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

Here's the full quote in case anyone's interested in what was actually said. Sounds to me like he's pretty realistic about it:
Chris Dalston wrote:We believed it was going to be one of the biggest tours ever but you just never know until you put tickets on sale. It’s like Christmas the night before we went on sale. You can’t sleep, you’re nervous. I woke up at 2:30 or 3 in the morning and Europe had already opened — and we’d sold out some of the shows already. They sold 1.5 million tickets in one day. … It’s staggering and it gives you great faith because they’re very particular in how they conduct their business. They don’t do VIP. They don’t do dynamic ticket pricing. They never want to hear fans complaining about ticket prices being too high. There’s also a point where we have to push it a little bit because otherwise they couldn’t afford to tour — especially when they’re playing one day on, three days off. … Obviously the goal is to hopefully have them continue if they enjoy it and it works well … to try to keep them out in ’25, ’26, ’27, however long they want to go but we gotta get through Europe first.
https://news.pollstar.com/2024/03/28/ca ... l-touring/
Ralph2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 pm No F'n way unless it becomes a full tribute band.
Honest Q: The band already has only two original members (Angus and Brian). If Brian drops out and they get Axl to come back (or someone else), does that still count?
Ralph2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 pm Insurance and money burn cost must be insane on this with 1 day on and 3 days off............
1.5 million tickets in one day at $104-529 a pop pays for a lot of Insurance and relaxing days in a hotel. Everything dollar-amount related for these major tours is insane these days.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

I mostly can’t believe that Brian, 76, still smokes with this sort of high-stakes commitment on the books. Not sure if Angus quit or not.

I get it, cigarettes, not like they’re shooting black tar off the street or hitting the glass dick, but…76 years old and still smoking? Not exactly thin either. Steven Tyler’s 76, in good physical shape, doesn’t smoke, and lasted three shows last year.

It is of course priced in from seeing Power Trip footage that he’s not going to sound amazing or even good at these shows. Fair enough. But at this point it’s more…he’s gonna *be alive* in 2027!?

Certainly hope so, but, goddamn.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:15 pm I mostly can’t believe that Brian, 76, still smokes with this sort of high-stakes commitment on the books. Not sure if Angus quit or not.

I get it, cigarettes, not like they’re shooting black tar off the street or hitting the glass dick, but…76 years old and still smoking? Not exactly thin either. Steven Tyler’s 76, in good physical shape, doesn’t smoke, and lasted three shows last year.

It is of course priced in from seeing Power Trip footage that he’s not going to sound amazing or even good at these shows. Fair enough. But at this point it’s more…he’s gonna *be alive* in 2027!?

Certainly hope so, but, goddamn.
At his age, stopping after a lifetime of smoking might fuck him up more than just continuing.
Tyler did mess with his body a lot more and by all accounts until very recently than Brian ever did.
As far as we know Brian liked a pint but not to an unreasonable degree and his smokes and that's it... Same goes for Angus by the way, a chain smoker, but nothing else, not even an occasional drinker.
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

Well, the difference of course (outside of "will they be alive in three years") is that Angus is playing guitar on stage and Brian is singing.

Smoking is basically the worst possible thing for a singer, really. I wonder if he's tried to quit ever.

That being said, I just watched most of their Power Trip set and honestly didn't think he sounded all that bad, outside of Highway to Hell. And they're the kind of mediocre vocals that sound way worse analyzed on YouTube while people who were there left saying "damn, he sounded pretty good really".

His vocal technique sounds incredibly well dialed in to have little to no strain on his vocal chords, I could be wrong but I think he's pretty much mastered the illusion of raspy power with as little air as possible.

It sounds to me like any issues he's having are due to getting winded. I don't know if his hearing issues are playing a part but I've heard him claim his hearing issues were "fixed" by fancy in ears.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Brian's actual voice, the one that's on Killing Floor with Slash, still sounds fantastic. Now, maybe there was some studio trickery going on there, ala Don Dokken, but I don't think so. The fact that that's held up as well, minus all the smoking is pretty remarkable.

I'm wondering if these guys ACTUALLY still smoke as much as they claim to.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

Queensryche dude smoked for 30 years and pulls off their entire catalog with no problems

He gave it up about a year ago, not sure if he went back or not though

https://blabbermouth.net/news/queensryc ... ven-months
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

2027 and beyond or summer 2024, you never know. I like to point out Carl Wilson's last Beach Boys show was in the middle of a 5 date Atlantic City run.

And Robin Zander was still smoking at least into the 90's, probably later and he has one of the most perfect voices.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest