Worst tour of year Heart/Cheap Trick coming to LA arena

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Worst tour of year Heart/Cheap Trick coming to LA arena

Post by LAglamrocker »

Can’t think of worse tour- all the douche bags showing up
Horrible Heart and Cheap Trick…what clown show
All of Led Zeppelin covers (barf emoji)

What’s worse this summer/year..none
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
kevind2112
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Worst tour of year Heart/Cheap Trick coming to LA arena

Post by kevind2112 »

I saw this same package back in 1990(?) on Heart's Brigade tour. I think I'll just live with that memory.
"Like I said, you don’t need to go to church to be a Christian. If you go to Taco Bell, that doesn’t make you a taco." - Justin Bieber
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

Give it a rest.

You thought S. Laughter was a good show last year, even though Mark's live voice is known to be effective torture at CIA black site prisons.

Your credibility is less than zero.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Hair I Go Again
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Hair I Go Again »

Seems very ambitious to book this at the Crypt. Much more appropriate for the Greek. Guess it would have gone to Fivepoint if it were still up and running.

As for worst tour, I think Live/STP/Soul Asylum gets my vote over this.
woblinweebles

Post by woblinweebles »

Hair I Go Again wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:36 pm Seems very ambitious to book this at the Crypt. Much more appropriate for the Greek. Guess it would have gone to Fivepoint if it were still up and running.
Yeah, the last time they came through my area together Joan Jett was also on the bill and it was at a medium sized outdoor place and it wasn't sold out. This time they are playing an arena that holds twice the number of people, but no Joan.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

woblinweebles wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:36 pm
Hair I Go Again wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:36 pm Seems very ambitious to book this at the Crypt. Much more appropriate for the Greek. Guess it would have gone to Fivepoint if it were still up and running.
Yeah, the last time they came through my area together Joan Jett was also on the bill and it was at a medium sized outdoor place and it wasn't sold out. This time they are playing an arena that holds twice the number of people, but no Joan.
Heart already plays 50% covers. Why add Joan? Is an additional set of all covers needed?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Ann was really struggling on the few shows they did last year.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Never understood why CT kept getting booked on big tours of any sort. Not saying this is a big tour at all, but who gives a flying fuck about this band in 2024. Heart is no different. Just old people going through the motions.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Same night as Hoodoo Gurus at the El Rey but added to calendar just in case.

9/28/24 The Motels @ Canyon Club Montclair
9/28/24 Hoodoo Gurus @ El Rey Theatre
9/28/24 Mitski / Sharon Van Etten @ Hollywood Bowl
9/28/24 Heart / Cheap Trick @ Crypto Arena

Crypto could have been the only available venue. I saw the Go Go's there to like 4000 in 2022.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Heart/Cheap Trick is like watching a classic rock tour package with two opening acts and no headliner.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
_underscore_
Headlining Clubs

Post by _underscore_ »

I wish CT would do a headliner tour of clubs. Thats where they fuckin smoke; the opening spots are bullshit
gruentransfer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by gruentransfer »

CT has just toured Australia. Friends that went said they were terrible.
You should always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

ijwthstd wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:38 pm Same night as Hoodoo Gurus at the El Rey but added to calendar just in case.

Crypto could have been the only available venue. I saw the Go Go's there to like 4000 in 2022.
It's no contest. Sharon Van Etten is superb. I don't know much about Mitski except she's one of the latest "in-things" but the little I've heard, I didn't want to turn off.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

HoldenSSV wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:05 pm Give it a rest.

You thought S. Laughter was a good show last year, even though Mark's live voice is known to be effective torture at CIA black site prisons.

Your credibility is less than zero.
No offense, but are you really in a position to question the credibility of someone whose dream show is Roxy Blue/Nelson being opened by Ace Von Johnson+Faster Pussycat drunk bass player doing an acoustic set of WWE theme songs?

*at any venue close to a weinerschnitzel and a strip club.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Mister Freeze wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:01 pm Heart/Cheap Trick is like watching a classic rock tour package with two opening acts and no headliner.
I was just about to post "this is probably a one-off" but then an ad popped up on the screen for a show at the Garden!

Still... I think both bands are opening for Def Leppard and Journey on alternate nights so they are probably filling in dates by doing shows together. Pretty impressive but I agree, it's more like a theater show or a headliner show without the headliner!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Seems to be 45 city tour or so I quit counting with bumASS Canada shows also
Bakersfield and Fresno seem to win this tour..no Stop
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
rockker
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by rockker »

LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:08 am Seems to be 45 city tour or so I quit counting with bumASS Canada shows also
Bakersfield and Fresno seem to win this tour..no Stop
Hey! In bumass Canada we get half assed BTO!
Kiss fans are like old men at the strip club. We know we're getting bilked but give 'em our money anyway. - Danko Jones
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

GoodJudge wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:14 am
ijwthstd wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:38 pm Same night as Hoodoo Gurus at the El Rey but added to calendar just in case.

It's no contest. Sharon Van Etten is superb. I don't know much about Mitski except she's one of the latest "in-things" but the little I've heard, I didn't want to turn off.
You are absolutely right but I've seen her in small venues though. 3 times total and Hoodoo Gurus only twice. They are more "rare" because it's usually once a decade. Still haven't actually heard Mitski yet either.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

In all fairness they do seem to have the top section curtained off. Also looks like the middle section only has the back open, not the sides. Probably takes it to the size of the greek, so it's odd they aren't just going there.
JizzySynatra

Post by JizzySynatra »

I saw Cheap Trick a few years ago and they sounded great. Zander could still sing unlike a lot of older bands still touring. Not sure where the hate for Cheap Trick is coming from unless they fell off a cliff since then.
woblinweebles

Post by woblinweebles »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:40 pm
woblinweebles wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:36 pm
Heart already plays 50% covers. Why add Joan? Is an additional set of all covers needed?
Ha! Not sure if you are doing your regular trolling bit or you are just really bad at math? Maybe both...
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

This pairing actually makes sense because Ann and Robin duetted on “Surrender to Me”. Think they’ll do that one together on tour?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:30 pm This pairing actually makes sense because Ann and Robin duetted on “Surrender to Me”. Think they’ll do that one together on tour?
That would actually be awesome! Add Loverboy to the tour so they can also do Almost Paradise.

And for the 80s trifecta, Robin can do In This Country from the Over the Top soundtrack. Cheesy (but great) song and it’s a fine vocal from him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UM5c3Qvds ... RyeQ%3D%3D
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:30 pm This pairing actually makes sense because Ann and Robin duetted on “Surrender to Me”. Think they’ll do that one together on tour?
Not a chance in hell. Can’t fit it in the set with all the Zep covers.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

kevind2112 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:48 am I saw this same package back in 1990(?) on Heart's Brigade tour. I think I'll just live with that memory.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

When I read that these two were pairing up for a summer tour, I thought it made sense in sheds where Live Nation is often desperate to get enough acts to flesh out a complete summer series, Ergo, I was shocked enough to see it in the NBA/NHL Arenas. Made zero sense. This fall leg is going to MSG and the Crypt. Weird.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
skatexedge
Headlining Clubs

Post by skatexedge »

Heart has enough of their own music from the 70s/80s that there’s NO need for any of the covers! That’s just annoying! I know they have issues with their 80s records but do it for the fans!
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Cheap Trick, while just opening will play more CT songs than Heart will play Heart songs