CJ Snare...Reach For the Sky....... :(

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: CJ Snare...Reach For the Sky....... :(

Post by Wild Obsession »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:55 am and that was all she wrote
^ Why I can't quit these boards...... :D
LillianRoxyFA
Headlining Clubs

Post by LillianRoxyFA »

Sad to hear this. Firehouse isn't the most dangerous or exciting band in the universe, but I admire how they survived the hairpocalypse to become the house band for small town America. They played everywhere and did so with a humility and professionalism that created a connection to the people. They delivered a solid (and yes, predictable) rock show every time, and CJ still had his voice. The very definition of a national-level working band.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times. I can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.

-- George Burns
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

aznsquirt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:16 pm Everyone should blast this in his honor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yykI1ByvVLg
Side note about this clip. This is maybe the best Pro Shot video (that I know of) concert from them back in the day. Anyway, according to Setlist.fm, they closed with "Flame On", which is an absolutely CRUSHING song from their White Heat days that they never recorded as Firehouse, and as far as I can tell, that's the only time they played that live.

Unfortunately, the live video of the show for some reason only includes the main set and not the encore. And that pisses me off. There has to be footage somewhere. This song fucking SMOKES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7FW1rODo0w
Dr. Hollywood
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by Dr. Hollywood »

Many of the articles online state that he received the stage IV colon cancer diagnosis in September 2020...given the grim prognosis, it seems like a miracle that he continued to perform for three years. Wasn't it the Rocktember show in 2023 that they began playing with Nate Peck on vocals? Videos up through the summer of 2023 show CJ still singing and one would not have known what he was actually dealing with.