TWISTED SISTER: Reunion Offers 'Getting Close' To Impossible To Refuse

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

TWISTED SISTER: Reunion Offers 'Getting Close' To Impossible To Refuse

Post by Zabooka »

https://blabbermouth.net/news/offers-fo ... dee-snider

Nearly a year and a half after TWISTED SISTER's one-off onstage reunion at the Metal Hall Of Fame in Agoura Hills, California, Dee Snider was asked by "The Hook Rocks!" podcast if he and the rest of the band would consider coming back together for special performances. The singer said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "As a result of all the bands retiring and dying, the offers get bigger and bigger for the holdouts to come back. And we retired in 2016, I think it was. So we're on eight years now of not playing, with no intention of coming back. But — my father, he says, 'Everything before the word 'but' is bullshit — but at some point, you've gotta say, 'Well, how can I say no to that?'"

He continued: "Is it there yet? No. Is it getting close? Yeah. Is there talk amongst us, like, 'Well, in the event that the numbers do get there, and they sure as hell seem to be going in that direction, how are we gonna do this?' So there's a little bit of that conversation. And that's both physically how we're gonna do it and on a number of other levels. And that's a recent occurrence, that the conversation has gone from 'never' to 'in the event that they make as an offer we can't refuse, what's the plan?' And there's some very general discussion on that, involving personal trainers [laughs], diets, hair extensions. And that's the first time in eight years that the conversation has changed."

Ozzy Stradlin

Re: TWISTED SISTER: Reunion Offers 'Getting Close' To Impossible To Refuse

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

Yeah, but the “reunion offers” won’t make them suck any less.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Zabooka wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:10 pm And there's some very general discussion on that, involving personal trainers [laughs], diets, hair extensions.
A new set of sharpies for that one idiot.
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Dee is gonna eat his words...

And if he doesn't... he and the guys are idiots, as they will likely leave Millions on the table.

Ain't nothing wrong with going out and making some money!

$tEvil
Ralph2
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Ralph2 »

Translation - We're on a diet and green juice NOW! Ha!

NY Steel in 2001 was insane and holds up against any live show ever.

The kids are back............
uwec95
Headlining Clubs

Post by uwec95 »

This would have been the year to do it, with it being the 40th anniversary of Stay Hungry. I guess they still have time to put together a late fall/early winter run.
FOON
Recording Debut Album

Post by FOON »

superglide88 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:36 pm
Zabooka wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:10 pm And there's some very general discussion on that, involving personal trainers [laughs], diets, hair extensions.
A new set of sharpies for that one idiot.
This.
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

They had the absolute worst dual guitar team in all of metal. I highly doubt that fact has changed with time. It”s like having two of Ace Frehley 2024 trading licks.

I’ll Pass.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Dee should sing for Firehouse now that would be fun
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

kytepunches wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:39 pm They had the absolute worst dual guitar team in all of metal. I highly doubt that fact has changed with time. It”s like having two of Ace Frehley 2024 trading licks.

I’ll Pass.
I'm not a guitarist but Jay Jay and Eddie don't seem any worse or any better than any other average rock band guitarist.

I am not saying they are great but so many people shit on them like they just learned how to play.

To me at least, they never stuck out as horrible like a lot of people say.

What gives?
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

kytepunches wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:39 pm They had the absolute worst dual guitar team in all of metal. I highly doubt that fact has changed with time. It”s like having two of Ace Frehley 2024 trading licks.

I’ll Pass.
Yes, they both are below average guitar players.
JJ even admits that in his book.
But Twisted was a great live act and they did not fuck up on stage, unlike an Ace Frehley.
zz666
Headlining Clubs

Post by zz666 »

Millions? 😂😂😂
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Gotta play an awful lot of clubs in front of 400 people to make millions.
CrankerBait

Post by CrankerBait »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:49 am Gotta play an awful lot of clubs in front of 400 people to make millions.
Very true, but a few big festival shows and/or being part of a double or triple bill playing arenas and sheds might change the math.
Ralph2
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Ralph2 »

They'd be good in US for 1500 cap room

Nostalgia factor would be huge

20 years ago were doing HOB level
parasite74
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by parasite74 »

Velvis wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:02 pm

I’ll Pass.
I'm not a guitarist but Jay Jay and Eddie don't seem any worse or any better than any other average rock band guitarist.

I am not saying they are great but so many people shit on them like they just learned how to play.

What gives?
I concur. They both play great on this!!! https://youtu.be/K2LjOhmcq1s?si=thTIqHj5sp9ROTDV
parasite74
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by parasite74 »

If Jay Jay did not own the TS name you know Dee would jump at the chance to go out with his solo band and call it Twisted Sister.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:03 am

I’ll Pass.
Yes, they both are below average guitar players.
JJ even admits that in his book.
But Twisted was a great live act and they did not fuck up on stage, unlike an Ace Frehley.
i agree and their lack of guitar awesomeness complimented the band. they didn't over play because they couldn't. it was perfect for what it was.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

This is nothing more than Dee soliciting for offers.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

parasite74 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:14 am If Jay Jay did not own the TS name you know Dee would jump at the chance to go out with his solo band and call it Twisted Sister.
I don't think so. To me Dee seems like a straight up kind of guy.

He also wrote all the music and lyrics, so if anyone should be able to use the name it would be him.
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

Velvis wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:02 pm

I’ll Pass.

What gives?
Played a set of TW songs with Eddie Ojeda about 12 years ago and although he’s super nice, the guy was a complete sloppy hack and had no clue how to even set up his gear. If anything he’s gotta be even worse for wear nowadays.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Velvis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:50 am
parasite74 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:14 am If Jay Jay did not own the TS name you know Dee would jump at the chance to go out with his solo band and call it Twisted Sister.

He also wrote all the music and lyrics, so if anyone should be able to use the name it would be him.
But he doesn't, Jay Jay does.
I think he registered the name before Dee even joined the band...
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I've never seen them and would love to see them live...but I know that in terms of Europe they're only gonna cash-grab and do the festival circuit instead of the nice halls in my town...so fuck Dee and his amazeballs offers, fuck him in the butt!
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:16 pm

I am aware. Jay Jay founded the band long before Dee was a part of it.

You were shitting on Dee's character saying he would go out as TS if he legally could. (maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't) But my point was if there was ever an example of someone who should be able to go out and call any group of dudes "Twisted Sister" it would be Dee. He wrote every single note of the music and every lyric of EVERY song. Dee was the creative person behind the ideas for Were Not Gonna Take It and I Wanna Rock videos. Dee was the person who came up with the TS bone logo. Dee's wife was the person who designed and created the costumes for all the members.

Point is, the other 4 guys brought next to nothing (possibly even nothing) to the table, so getting 4 new guys and calling it Twisted Sister really isn't much of a change.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Velvis wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:02 pm

You were shitting on Dee's character saying he would go out as TS if he legally could. (maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't) But my point was if there was ever an example of someone who should be able to go out and call any group of dudes "Twisted Sister" it would be Dee. He wrote every single note of the music and every lyric of EVERY song. Dee was the creative person behind the ideas for Were Not Gonna Take It and I Wanna Rock videos. Dee was the person who came up with the TS bone logo. Dee's wife was the person who designed and created the costumes for all the members.

Point is, the other 4 guys brought next to nothing (possibly even nothing) to the table, so getting 4 new guys and calling it Twisted Sister really isn't much of a change.
Oh, I agree mostly .
But Jay Jay did manage the band through all those club years. Creatively he brought nothing (after Dee came along and said his songs were crap), but he did a lot to keep that band going.
BTW, it wasn't me shitting on Dee, just some error in formatting the quote function...
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Oh, I agree mostly .
But Jay Jay did manage the band through all those club years. Creatively he brought nothing (after Dee came along and said his songs were crap), but he did a lot to keep that band going.
Which is why Dee gave him a small part of the publishing.

BTW, it wasn't me shitting on Dee, just some error in formatting the quote function...
kwf
Headlining Clubs

Post by kwf »

Wow, JJ gets a participation trophy for sure. DA please tell the story about the fool who couldn't plug in his guitar
Last edited by kwf on Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Total Package
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

kwf wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:44 am Wow, JJ gets a participation trophy for sure. DA please, tell the story about the fool who couldn't plug in his guitar
I think that was Ojeda :D
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

The whole "they're terrible" musicians thing has been said ad nauseum, and AJ having passed doesn't help, HOWEVER, I've never seen them before, and I know my son would love to see them, so if they did do an actual tour, I'd go.

Don't think I'd go to a festival just to see them play some cut down set, though.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Velvis wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:02 pm

The creative person behind the videos ", really? He ripped off the idea from Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry. He knew it would appeal to his pre-teen fan base.

And put me in the camp of people that doesn't believe this thing for a second. I doubt it's even about him fishing for offers, he's just spouting off in interviews for something to say.