Would you still like Priest if Half wasn't a LGBT?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Would you still like Priest if Half wasn't a LGBT?

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I would. I didn't know he was a pronoun until he said so, in the 90's. Before that, he had all kinds of chicks jump his bones.

Then he was like "I am a he/gay" and he was.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
LAglamrocker

Re: Would you still like Priest if Half wasn't a LGBT?

Post by LAglamrocker »

He should have married Goldust at a SummerSlam
Could have had legendary feud with Godfather and his girls

What’s the pro noun for someone who doesn’t like men or women just likes being boring? Thats the younger brother American Yawn Rhodes
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

Honestly, I'm struggling to allow myself to listen to Priest since I'm completely convinced that Halford raped Jani Lane. Fuck him.
EuroJR
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EuroJR »

aznsquirt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:19 am Honestly, I'm struggling to allow myself to listen to Priest since I'm completely convinced that Halford raped Jani Lane. Fuck him.
What evidence there are saying it was Rob?
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

EuroJR wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:55 pm
aznsquirt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:19 am Honestly, I'm struggling to allow myself to listen to Priest since I'm completely convinced that Halford raped Jani Lane. Fuck him.
Well, circumstantially there's the fact that Rob's escapades (supported by his manager) were well known in metal circles going back to that time period. And the fact that Rob has admitted to trying to get Paul DiAnno hammered so he could *cough* "seduce" him into homosexual sex.

But more specifically:

Jani has spoken about having been raped.
Towards the end of his life, he broke down to Bobbi Brown about having been raped by a "famous heavy metal musician and his manager" when he first came to L.A.
He told her who, but she has never said it publicly. The timelines match up and even though people have speculated paul stanley and even nikki sixx, there aren't very many people that were "famous heavy metal musicians" rather than "rock musicians" in 1983/1984.

However, she has made comments about Priest (one time she posted on Facebook "surprise, surprise" when the DiAnno story came out, etc), and in one interview when someone asked her if she liked Priest etc. she said "oh, no. no way" and then said "Oh, It's not about the music, I just have a strong personal reason to hate them" and when pressed said she'd tell the host off-air.

Here's a pretty good two-part series outlining it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qxSg7BxN58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jumN2wFdQXs

Obv nothing that would hold up in court, but I'm convinced enough to have it bother me.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Regardless of what allegedly happened between Rob and Jani, my answer to Chip’s question is yes. Priest could be populated entirely by tranny midget Rocky Dennis lookalikes and I’d still crank “Breaking the Law”, “Victim of Changes”, “You Got Another Thing Coming”, “Turbo Lover”, “Painkiller”, “Exciter”, etc. like it was no problem. I can separate the music from the persons unlike some people.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

of course, their music is absolutely amazing
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

dmbrocker wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:21 pm Regardless of what allegedly happened between Rob and Jani, my answer to Chip’s question is yes. Priest could be populated entirely by tranny midget Rocky Dennis lookalikes and I’d still crank “Breaking the Law”, “Victim of Changes”, “You Got Another Thing Coming”, “Turbo Lover”, “Painkiller”, “Exciter”, etc. like it was no problem. I can separate the music from the persons unlike some people.
I can separate most things.
But I’m not sure I could listen to Saxon if that pedo dude was still in the band.
That’s in a whole other realm of evil.

The halford/jani thing is messed up if true. And the guy above brings up some good points.
But I’m not sure how it would’ve went down - seems like some details are missing
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

I was running the math trying to work how half of Judas Priest was gay.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

DangerZone wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:37 pm The halford/jani thing is messed up if true. And the guy above brings up some good points.
But I’m not sure how it would’ve went down - seems like some details are missing
That's the problem, it's for sure not an open and shut case by any means, so I'd never tell anyone what to think about it.

Honestly, Halford openly joking about trying to get DiAnno drunk enough to "seduce", with zero shame whatsoever, is just as bad for me.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

EuroJR wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:55 pm
Didn't $tevil say it wasn't Halford or laugh it off when someone suggested it first?

The Bobbi Brown comments do point towards him though. If it wasn't Di'Anno.....:)
jens

Post by jens »

aznsquirt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:57 pm Honestly, Halford openly joking about trying to get DiAnno drunk enough to "seduce", with zero shame whatsoever, is just as bad for me.
Not a good look at all. But you can hardly listen to any of the old rock bands if coercing into sex bothers you so much.

Bobbi Brown was pretty straightforward about Lani ass raping her though, not much interpretation needed in that story.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

My liking priest was about the music, not anyones sexuality.
The power of Sludge compels you.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

aznsquirt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:57 pm
DangerZone wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:37 pm The halford/jani thing is messed up if true. And the guy above brings up some good points.
That's the problem, it's for sure not an open and shut case by any means, so I'd never tell anyone what to think about it.

Honestly, Halford openly joking about trying to get DiAnno drunk enough to "seduce", with zero shame whatsoever, is just as bad for me.
Did Halford make the "air quotes" with his fingers doing the interview?

Honestly, your posts and the one before it make you look pretty stupid.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I would like Prist if it was a BLT...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Not saying it couldnt have been Half, but Half in his book was always the love-sick little school girl, pining away after aloof men's men. He might have been the Metal God™ on stage, but he seemed like the girly one in the relationship.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
CrankerBait
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by CrankerBait »

Black Stuff wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:05 am My liking priest was about the music, not anyones sexuality.
Exactly. The same goes for other bands/artists I like.
Psychobolia.com
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:40 pm I was running the math trying to work how half of Judas Priest was gay.
Same.

Can a member be half gay? Or if Snip is also in the band then the math holds up.

Which leaves us wondering who the two other gays are; I'm going with Snip and Travis; Ian is too ugly to be a gay, Tipton was slaying the manager's pussy and faux-KK has been banging Lynch's daughter. recently
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

CrankerBait wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:13 am
Black Stuff wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:05 am My liking priest was about the music, not anyones sexuality.
It didn't ENHANCE your enjoyment of "Heading Out to the Highway," finding out it's about the Hershey Highway?

Okay.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:43 am
CrankerBait wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:13 am
It didn't ENHANCE your enjoyment of "Heading Out to the Highway," finding out it's about the Hershey Highway?

Okay.
no not at all, but does make for some funny Sludge
The power of Sludge compels you.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:34 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:40 pm I was running the math trying to work how half of Judas Priest was gay.
Same.

Can a member be half gay? Or if Snip is also in the band then the math holds up.

Which leaves us wondering who the two other gays are; I'm going with Snip and Travis; Ian is too ugly to be a gay, Tipton was slaying the manager's pussy and faux-KK has been banging Lynch's daughter. recently
Travisis a good suspect, and Dave Holland went to prison for attempted rape of a male student. Unless, and it seems likely, Spiros Laouitaris managed to shift the blame on Holland.
Still, Holland admits to some bisexual experience here. So that makes two.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 410985.stm
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:31 am Not saying it couldnt have been Half, but Half in his book was always the love-sick little school girl, pining away after aloof men's men. He might have been the Metal God™ on stage, but he seemed like the girly one in the relationship.
The songs on Rob Halford's Autobiographical rock opera masterpiece about finding freedom as a gay man in the American Southwest, POINT OF ENTRY, seem to support this.

"You're giving, I'm getting
I'm getting satisfaction
You're making, I'm taking
I want some heavy action"

or

"You never do things by half
You're a man with a reputation
You never shy when the problems fly
You can cope with any situation
You take the wheel and crack the whip
You never slip
You rule the roost
You always boast
Yeah you're looking after number one"
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Sleek wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:11 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:31 am Not saying it couldnt have been Half, but Half in his book was always the love-sick little school girl, pining away after aloof men's men. He might have been the Metal God™ on stage, but he seemed like the girly one in the relationship.
The songs on Rob Halford's Autobiographical rock opera masterpiece about finding freedom as a gay man in the American Southwest, POINT OF ENTRY, seem to support this.

"You're giving, I'm getting
I'm getting satisfaction
You're making, I'm taking
I want some heavy action"

or

"You never do things by half
You're a man with a reputation
You never shy when the problems fly
You can cope with any situation
You take the wheel and crack the whip
You never slip
You rule the roost
You always boast
Yeah you're looking after number one"
And then on "Eat Me Alive" three years later he sounds more like the pitcher than the catcher:

"Bound to deliver as you give and I collect
Squealing impassioned as the rod of steel injects
Lunge to the maximum, spread-eagled to the wall
You're well equipped to take it all"
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

I could tell something weird about Rob as far back as when i first heard of judas priest in first grade. I aint even shittin'. He wasnt like the other rockstars. Then years later when I found out he was gay it all made sense. I'll always like Judas Priest but he's always kinda creeped me out.
Last edited by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars on Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

jens wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:52 am Bobbi Brown was pretty straightforward about Lani ass raping her though, not much interpretation needed in that story.
Is that in her book?
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:29 am

No, I put quotes around it because... wait for it... I was quoting Halford. That's literally the word he used so I... wait for it again... put quotes around it.

That's how quoting works.

Holy shit, talk about looking stupid.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:13 pm I could tell something weird about Rob as far back as when i first heard of judas priest in first grade. I aint even shittin'. He wasnt like the other rockstars. Then years later when I found out he was gay it all made since. I'll always like Judas Priest but he's always kinda creeped me out.
Your gaydar was working when you were six years old? Impressive. When I was 15 I thought Halford was a macho S&M metal god and didn't even think he could be gay as I knew he had porked Lita Ford.

Gary Cherone was the first rock star I remember seeing and immediately thinking that he must be gay. Turns out he's a pro-lifer and practicing Catholic, so much for my gaydar....
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

aznsquirt wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:08 pm
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:29 am

No, I put quotes around it because... wait for it... I was quoting Halford. That's literally the word he used so I... wait for it again... put quotes around it.

That's how quoting works.

Holy shit, talk about looking stupid.
So you think seducing and raping are the same thing?
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:20 am So you think seducing and raping are the same thing?
Yeah, I'm not going to entertain this low-IQ bullshit. I almost didn't make my post, because I knew that even though I made it clear its not black and white, and I struggle with it myself, I'd have to listen to some mouth-breathing nonsense like this.

Besides the fact that it's comical that you're getting ready to argue that it doesn't matter what someone does, all that matters is what word they used to describe it, there's the fact that if you knew anything about the legal history of the terms "seduction", "rape", and "coercion", you would most definitely not have started down this path.

Just take the L and move on.