Frehley’s band sings 10,00 Volts with him, he still can’t keep up

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Frehley’s band sings 10,00 Volts with him, he still can’t keep up

Post by BernieTaupson »

They rearranged it to have the band singing along with him to try to keep it on track and he still mangles it up. Second verse falls apart totally, drummer gives up singing it’s so bad.

https://youtu.be/ts2jxL_M4N4
Michael Hotts Ghost
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: Frehley’s band sings 10,00 Volts with him, he still can’t keep up

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

he couldnt hear the snare... lol

at this point he should just hire a singer. Hés known as the "guitarist" for Kiss not the singer anyway... let him do NY Groove and a few more and have the singer do the heavy lifting. Make for a more bearable show for all.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Michael Hotts Ghost wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:40 pm he couldnt hear the snare... lol

at this point he should just hire a singer. Hés known as the "guitarist" for Kiss not the singer anyway... let him do NY Groove and a few more and have the singer do the heavy lifting. Make for a more bearable show for all.
Is he still good to do "Rock Soldiers"? As long as he can still do "Rock Soldiers" without fucking it up there may still be hope.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

He’s either abusing pills or having some sort of cognitive decline going on. What a fucking mess.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

You can see his brain cant do 2 things at once anymore. He always comes in late to a line and leaves early, because he has to concentrate on the guitar.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Zabooka

Post by Zabooka »

This is why some jobs should have mandatory retirement ages. You get to a certain age, and it just becomes dangerous. Not that it matters in this environment because worst case is that your music hero butchers a performance.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:59 pm You can see his brain cant do 2 things at once anymore. He always comes in late to a line and leaves early, because he has to concentrate on the guitar.
There is no anymore in this. He has always been unable to do this.
He literally is unable to get to a mic in time for the first line in a song.....
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

The band should fire him!
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

This song is completely wasted on him. At least when Bach came out with something cool this year, he could still pull it off live.

I feel horrible for the rest of the guys in the band.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Forget new material. Ace only functions on muscle memory with the old stuff. I think he might've played the solo for "Strutter" there.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Mister Freeze wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:47 am Forget new material. Ace only functions on muscle memory with the old stuff.
I feel the same way about Vince Neil. He's been doing the same exact songs the same exact way for so many years. I think his brain goes soft sometimes. That's why he slurs and/or skips over words. I'm sure that's part of the reason why Motley use tracks live.

Guys like Paul Stanley and Bret Michaels certainly rely on muscle memory too. But they don't have the alcohol and drug abuse working against them.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

https://youtu.be/fuDb7LnfqA0?si=td3zUe2SNHT-aNgt

Should you see Ace live...from an expert.
Ralph2
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Ralph2 »

If you watch right before he steps to the mic, the Vox start!

Operation: Backing Track

He's doing a blended track right off the cd.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Ralph2 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:42 am If you watch right before he steps to the mic, the Vox start!

Drummer looks like hes singing along for the whole thing. That might be why the vocals come in.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
PBFSUCKS

Post by PBFSUCKS »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:08 am
Ralph2 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:42 am If you watch right before he steps to the mic, the Vox start!

Drummer looks like hes singing along for the whole thing. That might be why the vocals come in.
That’s definitely what it is.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Ace shred his solo (like a 5 year old beginner): https://youtu.be/ljXrhCyjQMs?si=STBs1C1M9T9aFoGB&t=317
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

TooOldToCare wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:21 pm Ace shred his solo (like a 5 year old beginner): https://youtu.be/ljXrhCyjQMs?si=STBs1C1M9T9aFoGB&t=317
You can actually see his tiny brain trying to remember something he actually knows how to play and voila, comes up with a snippet of a Zep riff...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

Lol
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:20 pm
TooOldToCare wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:21 pm Ace shred his solo (like a 5 year old beginner): https://youtu.be/ljXrhCyjQMs?si=STBs1C1M9T9aFoGB&t=317
You can actually see his tiny brain trying to remember something he actually knows how to play and voila, comes up with a snippet of a Zep riff...
Despite the "cool rockstar of the 1970s" Ace may have looked to people, he was always a mediocre guitarist that has something right for KISS at the time. Fast forward 50 years, being lazy and any mental decline issues that may be involved, he sucks and looks to have no interest in performing but has to for a paycheck and to stay in favor with delusional fans. I have never seen a video, past or present, where he can jam with other bands or guitarists unless they happen to be playing a KISS tune. He does not have the ability, and never did, to improvise. Although nowadays, almost every song is an improv.
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

I don’t think Ace even knows what shredding is and really never did.
VicStelly

Post by VicStelly »

Suzi Quattro has hit rock bottom if she is playing rhythm with Ace Frehley.3
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Anthrax442 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:19 am This song is completely wasted on him.
Perhaps it is not the song that is wasted.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
LurkingAtWork
Recording Your Demo

Post by LurkingAtWork »

He's hitting my area soon and, despite being a lifelong kisstard, I didn't buy tickets. Who the hell wants to see this lazy hack's shitshow?

Unfortunately, a friend "surprised" me with tickets and now I'm going to have to be subjected to this depressing spectacle. My friend is excited to go but he has no idea what to expect. I'm going to have to have a talk with him about it at dinner before the show.
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

It's so blatantly obvious that his GF is dressing him. Everything about Ace is pathetic.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

couldnt get past 30 seconds
The power of Sludge compels you.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Michael Hotts Ghost wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:40 pm he couldnt hear the snare... lol

His guarantee would probably drop by a third if not half entirely.

Same reason Don Felder learned to somewhat sing the Eagles tunes even though he's not a singer.

The whole dynamic of promoting the act changes if you bring in someone else - even if it would be a huge improvement musically.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

FreddyFender wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:36 am Same reason Don Felder learned to somewhat sing the Eagles tunes even though he's not a singer.
Don Felder lipsynches every single word.

https://youtu.be/7n8fZQ4inEg?si=TbaZKGUeEhFU7PF_

I know the boomers are too stupid to notice it but I would have thought anyone on Sludge would spot it pretty quickly.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

LurkingAtWork wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:59 am He's hitting my area soon and, despite being a lifelong kisstard, I didn't buy tickets. Who the hell wants to see this lazy hack's shitshow?

Unfortunately, a friend "surprised" me with tickets and now I'm going to have to be subjected to this depressing spectacle. My friend is excited to go but he has no idea what to expect. I'm going to have to have a talk with him about it at dinner before the show.
I saw Ace back in 2008 and he was terrific. You couldn't pay me to see this current show
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 pm
FreddyFender wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:36 am Same reason Don Felder learned to somewhat sing the Eagles tunes even though he's not a singer.
Don Felder lipsynches every single word.

https://youtu.be/7n8fZQ4inEg?si=TbaZKGUeEhFU7PF_

I know the boomers are too stupid to notice it but I would have thought anyone on Sludge would spot it pretty quickly.
The point clearly went over your head here.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Clearly.

If the joke was “he’s not a singer so he “taught” himself to sing ha ha, because it’s lip synch” then it doesn’t work because he did lead vocals on Visions on One Of These Nights. He can sing fine. And I bet his rejected Victim of Love vocals weren’t too bad either.