Joan Jett lipsynching

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Joan Jett lipsynching

Post by BernieTaupson »

Can’t remember seeing this here it’s from 2022. Changes her guitar while having to mime the fake vocals.

https://youtu.be/Kwb6Sys3xKY?feature=shared
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Re: Joan Jett lipsynching

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Even lip syncing on stage while changing guitars. Even how she held her arm up to the roadie, like "Bro...not now". Joan's too cool. :)
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

:D weak.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

The funny thing is how it's super important that she gets the new guitar put on. Van Halen and Pantera did their whole live careers with 1 guitar, but it's crucial that you get another guitar in the mix before the lead break?? Just (pretend to) sing the song!!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

She dont give a damn about her Synch reputation
The power of Sludge compels you.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

I don’t see it … she quits singing and the band keeps singing.
DevastatinDave

Post by DevastatinDave »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:14 am I don’t see it … she quits singing and the band keeps singing.
This. Background vocals.
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Oh the humanity. Joan didn't write the songs, why should her voice be on them
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Nothing fake here
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

that looks like a good way to prove she's not lip syncing.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

I'm surprised by the responses, it's very obvious to me.

She can't take a break to switch guitars because she knows her voice is coming through.

If you look at when they sing "Cherry Bomb" together at 21 seconds, 29 seconds, 49 seconds, and 56 seconds, they all sound identical even though she's in various stages of pretending to sing.

But by far the most obvious moment is the line "Hello world, I'm your wild girl" at 51 seconds, particularly when she finally needs to get the guitar plugged in and struggles to do so and pulls away from the mic a couple of times. Her voice coming through the P.A. doesn't vary one bit.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

aznsquirt wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:14 pm I'm surprised by the responses, it's very obvious to me.

She can't take a break to switch guitars because she knows her voice is coming through.

If you look at when they sing "Cherry Bomb" together at 21 seconds, 29 seconds, 49 seconds, and 56 seconds, they all sound identical even though she's in various stages of pretending to sing.

But by far the most obvious moment is the line "Hello world, I'm your wild girl" at 51 seconds, particularly when she finally needs to get the guitar plugged in and struggles to do so and pulls away from the mic a couple of times. Her voice coming through the P.A. doesn't vary one bit.
what you're hearing is commonly known in the biz as "background vocals" where other people on stage are actually singing either the same lyrics as the lead singer OR different vocals all together. when she pulls away you can't hear HER vocals.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:45 pm
aznsquirt wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:14 pm I'm surprised by the responses, it's very obvious to me.

what you're hearing is commonly known in the biz as "background vocals" where other people on stage are actually singing either the same lyrics as the lead singer OR different vocals all together. when she pulls away you can't hear HER vocals.
Put your snark back in your pants and re-read my post.

She's the only one singing the line ""Hello world, I'm your wild girl" line at 51 seconds, which is why I pointed to it as the most obvious moment.

Joan is professional enough to know that if she has to pull way from her mic, doing it while there's background vocals will hide it better than any other time, but she slips up on the "Hello world..." line because she's concerned with getting her guitar set up before the solo starts.

It's also obvious AF (especially to anyone who's ever been "in the biz") that she's lip-syncing during other portions, but that's by far the most obvious part.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Lip synch deniers are so fucking irritating. They’re up there with conspiracy nuts.

They also typically don’t use upper case letters.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

aznsquirt wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:26 pm

She's the only one singing the line ""Hello world, I'm your wild girl" line at 51 seconds, which is why I pointed to it as the most obvious moment.

Joan is professional enough to know that if she has to pull way from her mic, doing it while there's background vocals will hide it better than any other time, but she slips up on the "Hello world..." line because she's concerned with getting her guitar set up before the solo starts.

It's also obvious AF (especially to anyone who's ever been "in the biz") that she's lip-syncing during other portions, but that's by far the most obvious part.
between 50-58 seconds she pulls away from the mic but is it far enough that her voice wouldn't be audible? when she's furthest away you can clearly hear "cherry bomb" bg. there's way more egregious examples of lip syncing than this.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:56 pm

between 50-58 seconds she pulls away from the mic but is it far enough that her voice wouldn't be audible? when she's furthest away you can clearly hear "cherry bomb" bg. there's way more egregious examples of lip syncing than this.
That's why I keep pointing to the "Hello world, I'm your wild girl" line rather than the Cherry Bomb line. But, you're one of those people who's incapable of changing their opinion once they've planted their flag AND been a condescending douche about it, so there's no point in trying to argue further, you'll just keep out throwing random non-arguments like "there's way more egregious examples of lip syncing than this" as though they hold water.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:30 pm Lip synch deniers are so fucking irritating. They’re up there with conspiracy nuts.

They also typically don’t use upper case letters.
lmao. I'm not even someone who cares much either way; but this one is hardly up for debate IMO.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

aznsquirt wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:40 pm
Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:56 pm

That's why I keep pointing to the "Hello world, I'm your wild girl" line rather than the Cherry Bomb line.
which falls in between 50-58 seconds. i don't think she was THAT far from the mic. maybe she isn't singing. i've never seen anyone trying so hard to hide it if she isn't. seems like nobody that fakes it gives a shit aboot hiding it.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:55 pm which falls in between 50-58 seconds. i don't think she was THAT far from the mic. maybe she isn't singing. i've never seen anyone trying so hard to hide it if she isn't. seems like nobody that fakes it gives a shit aboot hiding it.
I dunno, man. To me, the words "wild girl" are where it's not even in question to me. To not hear any variation in her voice there is so obvious.

Anyway, can we at least agree that holy fuck that song is fucking stupid and Kim Fowley lived far longer than he should have been allowed to?
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

100%. A guitar swap is nearly seemless for seasoned techs/artists. She couldn't take the 10 seconds for the flip because her track would be obvious. Period.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Why are they playing that stupid song? It wasn’t a hit at all when released. Just like the “band” that originally played it. A big nothing.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

aznsquirt wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:12 pm

Anyway, can we at least agree that holy fuck that song is fucking stupid and Kim Fowley lived far longer than he should have been allowed to?
Ha. Yes, this 100%
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

I ain't always right, but that's OBVIOUSLY a backup singer. It's not even her voice. 🤣🤣🤣
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

aznsquirt wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:12 pm
Kid-Wicked wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:55 pm which falls in between 50-58 seconds. i don't think she was THAT far from the mic. maybe she isn't singing. i've never seen anyone trying so hard to hide it if she isn't. seems like nobody that fakes it gives a shit aboot hiding it.
I dunno, man. To me, the words "wild girl" are where it's not even in question to me. To not hear any variation in her voice there is so obvious.

no argument there. it even makes me hate john cougar's cherry bomb. lita insists on doing it too. i don't get it.
zz666
Headlining Clubs

Post by zz666 »

Obvious miming there, man there’s some dumb cunts here…