The new (CIA operative) Taylor Swift album--my (Soros-financed) review

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

The new (CIA operative) Taylor Swift album--my (Soros-financed) review

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I like it. She's a pretty good lyricist.

But a lot of these songs sound the same to me. :shock:

At the end of the day, I'm not a 9 year old girl so I'm not the audience here. It's fine for what it is.

I'd give it a B+, maybe a 7.5/10.

#MAGA
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
LitaStrauss
Learning KISS Riffs

Re: The new (CIA operative) Taylor Swift album--my (Soros-financed) review

Post by LitaStrauss »

The initial batch of songs that are on the physical album are basically Midnights 2.0. A lot of it sounds the same. Lyrically it's interesting but I don't know why I'd revisit much of it a month from now.

The second batch she released at 2 am this morning are more along the lines of Folklore and have a bit more diversity. I think I like the second batch better.

Overall there's 31 new songs and it's a lot to digest and go through.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am I'd give it a B+, maybe a 7.5/10.
That would be a C.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

I'll check it out.

Folklore really changed my view on her: amazing album. Obviously, the guy from the National helped it a ton, but it's a top ten album for me.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 am
That would be a C.
But that would make anything under a 6/10 an F.

I didn't work out the grading system. I'll get back to you once I finish the syllabus.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
ElectrickMagick
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ElectrickMagick »

I've been listening to the new Pearl Jam album today instead.
kwf
Headlining Clubs

Post by kwf »

Not joining the cult
Total Package
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

kwf wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 am Not joining the cult
Ian and Billy will be devastated.
ImageImage
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Can’t believe you are Swifties
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:34 pm Can’t believe you are Swifties
I can't believe there aren't more fans here. It's big arena pop music.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:37 am
MattleyCrue wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:34 pm Can’t believe you are Swifties
I can't believe there aren't more fans here. It's big arena pop music.
I'm a fan to a small certain extent. 1989 and everything she's done since is very solid for the most part. Her country era when she started out is pretty lame, but then again, most modern country music sucks major donkey dicks IMO, anyway, especially bro country.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

Daaaaaaamn.

Taylor Swift Claims Record Top 14 Spots on Billboard Hot 100, Led by ‘Fortnight’ With Post Malone
https://www.billboard.com/lists/taylor- ... ne-record/

Taylor Swift achieves one of the most record-shattering weeks in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart – surpassing unprecedented heights that she previously set – as she claims the top 14 positions on the survey dated May 4. All 14 songs, led by “Fortnight,” featuring Post Malone, are from her new album, The Tortured Poets Department, which, following the Republic Records set’s April 19 release, blasts in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Swift was already the only artist ever to dominate the Hot 100’s entire top 10 — thanks to tracks from her last album of all-new material, Midnights, in 2022, led by the collection’s “Anti-Hero.”
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Some musician (can't remember who at the moment) last week said she's fine, but she doesn't have a "Billie Jean". It's true, I'm sure she has some fine songs, but has she written a big memorable, iconic song? I couldn't name any of her songs except for maybe that Shake song. Is that the big hit? Nothing against her, but pretty underwhelming.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am But a lot of these songs sound the same to me. :shock:
This was the first Taylor Swift album I've ever listened to. My girl is a fan so we listened to it on a road trip. It was a real slog, for me. I was surprised how boring it was. All of the songs sounded the same. Most songs are in the same key. There are very, very few choruses. She's really not much of a singer, so there are no high notes or powerful vocals to hook onto It's really just an album of morose spoken word poetry. She is a decent lyricist, though.

We listened to the 31 track double album version. I deserve an award.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

They paid you to post this, didn’t they
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

SterileEyes1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:25 pm They paid you to post this, didn’t they
No idea what you're talking about. I'm just celebrating a talented singer. I haven't been this excited since OBAMACARE.

Get the care you need, keep the doctor you have. Obamacare: It's THE BOMB. :wink:
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 am
That would be a C.
Not everyone uses the same grading system.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Mojo wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:45 pm
Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am But a lot of these songs sound the same to me. :shock:
This was the first Taylor Swift album I've ever listened to. My girl is a fan so we listened to it on a road trip. It was a real slog, for me. I was surprised how boring it was. All of the songs sounded the same. Most songs are in the same key. There are very, very few choruses. She's really not much of a singer, so there are no high notes or powerful vocals to hook onto It's really just an album of morose spoken word poetry. She is a decent lyricist, though.

We listened to the 31 track double album version. I deserve an award.
I hope you put some Aerosmith pump on afterwards to cleanse your and hers palate.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Taylor’s music is made for children. Adult children that is.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Today was a good day on sludge…bunch of Rush fans from 70s reviewed Taylor Swift

Favorite review: the one that used Taylor topic to brag about having a girl and roadtripping with her#ibelieveinathingcalledTaylorSwift
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

pieceofme wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:02 pm I hope you put some Aerosmith pump on afterwards to cleanse your and hers palate.
Painkiller, actually.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
PBFSUCKS

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:35 pm Some musician (can't remember who at the moment) last week said she's fine, but she doesn't have a "Billie Jean". It's true, I'm sure she has some fine songs, but has she written a big memorable, iconic song? I couldn't name any of her songs except for maybe that Shake song. Is that the big hit? Nothing against her, but pretty underwhelming.
Shake it Off has more streams than Beat it. And Beat it was on Spotify years before Shake it Off. Also, there are probably people that listen to Swift that probably have never hear Beat it.

So I’m gonna disagree with whatever musician that was and for that reason, I’m gonna have to pass on this post. (I’ve been watching to much Shark Tank while woodshedding in hotel rooms)
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

PBFSUCKS wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 am
Dyslexicheart wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:35 pm Some musician (can't remember who at the moment) last week said she's fine, but she doesn't have a "Billie Jean". It's true, I'm sure she has some fine songs, but has she written a big memorable, iconic song? I couldn't name any of her songs except for maybe that Shake song. Is that the big hit? Nothing against her, but pretty underwhelming.
Shake it Off has more streams than Beat it. And Beat it was on Spotify years before Shake it Off. Also, there are probably people that listen to Swift that probably have never hear Beat it.

So I’m gonna disagree with whatever musician that was and for that reason, I’m gonna have to pass on this post. (I’ve been watching to much Shark Tank while woodshedding in hotel rooms)
I'm obviously not talking about sales or streams. Talking about a great iconic song, which that Shake thing ain't. Billie Jean is an iconic song. Taylor Swift doesn't have any.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:53 pm
SterileEyes1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:25 pm They paid you to post this, didn’t they
No idea what you're talking about. I'm just celebrating a talented singer. I haven't been this excited since OBAMACARE.

Get the care you need, keep the doctor you have. Obamacare: It's THE BOMB. :wink:
The “They” who are at the center of all conspiracy theories :wink:

THEY WANT TO PULL THE PLUG ON GRANDMA!
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:57 am

I'm obviously not talking about sales or streams. Talking about a great iconic song, which that Shake thing ain't. Billie Jean is an iconic song. Taylor Swift doesn't have any.
you’re right - there’s no ‘Billie Jean’ in her catalog.
Her closest one is probably that one about “I’ve got a blank space baby and I’ll write your name.’
That’s the one I remember her crossing over with
PBFSUCKS

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Well, I’m sure a few million people filling up stadiums will disagree with you on the fact she doesn’t have any iconic songs.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

PBFSUCKS wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:21 pm

Well, I’m sure a few million people filling up stadiums will disagree with you on the fact she doesn’t have any iconic songs.
An iconic song transcends to a state where everyone knows it. Most people I know couldn't name more than one or two Taylor Swift songs. Her songs from what I've heard are "good", but nothing special.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I have a few adult Switfy friends, they're going to the Paris show in May...one friend is even making bracelets cuz I guess that's a thing, the fans exchange bracelets...?!

Only song I know is Shake it Off, which is pretty fun. Should I check out the 1989 album or should I stick to exploring the Firehouse discography?
PBFSUCKS

Post by PBFSUCKS »

It seems like the only song that people mention in this post is Shake it Off. I’d call that transcending. Just because you don’t like it, or her, doesn’t mean it isn’t a huge hit that most people know by her.

I guess if that isn’t a “big hit” I don’t know what is.

You know, besides the giant streaming numbers, sales and ticket sales…lol.