Heart - Opening Night Setlist is...

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Heart - Opening Night Setlist is...

Post by daveg »

Actually, pretty damn good

Only 2 Zep covers, which I guess is fine.

But a pretty good mix of old and new.
Bowie cover seems odd, but based on this, I'm probably gonna hit up this tour in August.

1. "Bebe Le Strange"
2. "Never"
3. "Love Alive"
4. "Roll the Dice"
5. "Magic Man"
6. "This Is Now" (Ann Wilson & Tripsitter cover)
7. "Little Queen"
8. "Straight On"
9. "Let's Dance" (David Bowie cover)
10. "These Dreams"
11. "Dog & Butterfly" (Acoustic)
12. "Dreamboat Annie" (Acoustic / first live performance since 2016)
13. "Going to California" (Led Zeppelin cover) (Acoustic)
14. "4 Edward" (Nancy Wilson song) (Acoustic)
15. "Mistral Wind"
16. "Alone" (i‐Ten cover)
17. "What About Love" (Toronto cover)
18. "Barracuda"
Encore:
19. "The Ocean" (Led Zeppelin cover)
20. "Crazy on You"
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: Heart - Opening Night Setlist is...

Post by dmbrocker »

Dang! I’m telling you people, the opportunity is right there for a “Surrender to Me” duet! Make it happen, Ann and Robin!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Post by Rocker4Real »

No "All I Wanna Do"? That song sticks out in my mind since many women have used me as a pretty boy Rocker in the past. They swear the kid isn't mine if I see them again.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

20 songs and they couldn’t make room for Stranded?

But 2 Zeppelin covers… :roll:
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Nate S Axel »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:37 am No "All I Wanna Do"? That song sticks out in my mind since many women have used me as a pretty boy Rocker in the past. They swear the kid isn't mine if I see them again.
That one hasn't been in the setlist since the 90s, although Setlist.FM shows they played it once back in 2009 and Ann Wilson played it solo in 2017.
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-classi ... play-live/
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Post by Rocker4Real »

Nate S Axel wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:52 am
Rocker4Real wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:37 am No "All I Wanna Do"? That song sticks out in my mind since many women have used me as a pretty boy Rocker in the past. They swear the kid isn't mine if I see them again.
That one hasn't been in the setlist since the 90s, although Setlist.FM shows they played it once back in 2009 and Ann Wilson played it solo in 2017.
Is it true Ann finds it offensive? I think I heard that. Mutt wrote it. Maybe he's been used by women in the past.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

I hate that song with a passion.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:56 am
Nate S Axel wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:52 am
Is it true Ann finds it offensive? I think I heard that. Mutt wrote it. Maybe he's been used by women in the past.
I think it's more that they view it as the nadir of their MTV sellout period, which it is.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

All I Wanna Do is one of their biggest hits. Absurd they won’t play one of their true classics for their fans.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Post by Rocker4Real »

"I Didn't Want To Need You" is a great one from Brigade as well. This album should be more celebrated. There's no shame in using outside writers when it's needed. The ladies used to rely on other band members to help write in the 70s.
Last edited by Rocker4Real on Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Heh, forgot that What About Love is actually a cover by an early 80's band called Toronto, who I actually saw in concert once. Big in western Canada!
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:49 pm "I Didn't Want To Need You" is a great one from Brigade as well. This album should be more celebrated. There's no shame in using outside writers when it's needed. The ladies used to rely on other band members to help write in the 70s.
Agree. It bookends their 3 album run of success!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Those dumb cunts were literally on TV a week and a half ago saying that they wouldn’t play any cover tunes on this tour.

https://youtu.be/Yq1a1G47Lqk?si=XAcEejIDI_jZU-1h
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

That sucks. Are you going to try to get a refund on your tickets?
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

This one has $25 concert week tickets written all over it… for the Fall leg.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Never is actually one of my biggest guilty pleasures!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
jaxjaguar
Forming a Band

Post by jaxjaguar »

They never play How Can I Refuse, always thought it should get more love. Cool deep cut for a full set. Enough with the Zeppelin.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Worst tour of the year…its not even close
Makes list for worse tour ever from start to finish..even that God awful Led Zepp tribute opens..just pure hell..actual hell

When is September Rainbow Bash 2024 announcement? Thats going be another legendary show…bring the rain again I don’t give a f*ck. When Will It Rain and chainsaw solo eventually at a Bash maybe September
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Domino
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Domino »

No song from Brigade as usual. The fact that Heart still refuse to reckonize their 80's era as probably their most successful is weird since 80% of their public ask for that songs. But they insist with their zeppelish catalogue.
that bitch bends over and i forget my name
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:59 pm Never is actually one of my biggest guilty pleasures!
Yeah it sounds like shit live unfortunately.

https://youtu.be/9MIihcQUazI?si=oIAg5zsihCn5yckN
Domino
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Domino »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:49 pm "I Didn't Want To Need You" is a great one from Brigade as well. This album should be more celebrated. There's no shame in using outside writers when it's needed. The ladies used to rely on other band members to help write in the 70s.
definitely Brigade is my fave album by this band and it's crazy they don't play a song from it since 1991!
that bitch bends over and i forget my name
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

They’ve done All I Want To Do a few times after 91. Think 2013 was the last time.
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

I know they’re pure cheese but I’d love to hear If Looks Could Kill, The Wolf, or Shell Shock.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Domino wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:39 am No song from Brigade as usual. The fact that Heart still refuse to reckonize their 80's era as probably their most successful is weird since 80% of their public ask for that songs. But they insist with their zeppelish catalogue.
What's wrong with playing the music you love instead of the music that was force-fed by the label? Especially when you already have millions in the bank.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

jaxjaguar wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:46 pm They never play How Can I Refuse, always thought it should get more love.

Great song. It was a hint of the '80s sound to come before the self-titled album was released.

They could've done well rerecording/re-releasing that one as a single in the late '80s/early '90s.

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

Nothing At All & Who Will You Run To are solid tunes they used an outside writer on, as well.
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Post by Rocker4Real »

How is Brigade more of a sellout than the '85 album? Good songs are good songs whether they're in the 80s style or not.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

It was the 3rd time around, it was 1990, and All I Wanna Do was pretty damned trite. 98 Rock in Baltimore did a parody "All We Wanna Do Is Take Bucks from You".
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

tooth wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:04 am Nothing At All & Who Will You Run To are solid tunes they used an outside writer on, as well.

Man, those are two glossy, kick ass songs!
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

The sisters never wrote the stuff alone anyway, it used to be a real band. People give KISS shit for two guys taking it over and turning it into a brand Heart did the same thing. The original guys don’t even get a mention anymore. Nancy didn’t come ip with those early riffs it was Roger Fisher.