SEBASTIAN BACH On Reunion With SKID ROW: 'The Only Thing Standing In Our Way Is The Business Side Of This'

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

sicktwistedfreak
Opening for Slaughter

SEBASTIAN BACH On Reunion With SKID ROW: 'The Only Thing Standing In Our Way Is The Business Side Of This'

Post by sicktwistedfreak »

I've been out of the business for awhile now, so I have no idea how the Skid guys really feel, but I have to wonder how much truth there is to this. When I was in the industry, I knew that Bach was the problem. He hasn't changed [or matured] at all, so I can't imagine the Skid guys agreeing with this statement. I could also be wrong, but I can only go off of what I know.

"There's a whole narrative that we don't get along, or they don't wanna get in the same room as me," he said. "There's stuff that I have found out recently on the business side that I can tell the planet Earth this has nothing to do with what happened in '96, or me being wild or us not getting along. This right now is a hundred percent a business thing. And I found some shit out that's true. The only thing standing in our way is the business side of this. I can't give you all the details, but it's not about us not getting along. It's about us figuring out how to make this work on the business side. And hopefully we can figure it out. I'm ready to figure it out, but the whole narrative of 'oh, they don't like him and he's too crazy,' that's not even true."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/sebastian ... de-of-this
Whether it's his outer glaze or cream-filled insides, King Ding Dong gets his subjects filthy!
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Re: SEBASTIAN BACH On Reunion With SKID ROW: 'The Only Thing Standing In Our Way Is The Business Side Of This'

Post by Black Stuff »

Remember, Sebitchia is delusional. :lol:

However, a case could be made for a reunion, but I dont think this would increase their draw. Maybe get on a package/larger tour? If it does happen, I would expect to see very minimal interaction offstage between Sebitchian and the band. Sep busses?
The power of Sludge compels you.
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Re: SEBASTIAN BACH On Reunion With SKID ROW: 'The Only Thing Standing In Our Way Is The Business Side Of This'

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

Black Stuff wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:49 am Remember, Sebitchia is delusional. :lol:

However, a case could be made for a reunion, but I dont think this would increase their draw. Maybe get on a package/larger tour? If it does happen, I would expect to see very minimal interaction offstage between Sebitchian and the band. Sep busses?
I think you are right. I don’t think the draw will be that much bigger, but the original lineup could get them on a Motley or GNR type of tour.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Sebastian has made statements like this before, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Basically, what he's said is that he now has his own management, to make sure that he's getting treated fairly in matters regarding the band. Under no circumstances is he going to come back as a hired gun that has no say in band business. So, that's what they have to figure out, to get his management to setup agreements with whoever is managing Skid Row these days.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel is still a dick and doesn't like him, but Snake and Scotti have been more ambivalent. Also, these guys aren't getting any younger, they've got exactly one shot left at having a big reunion payday. If they don't do it now, it's not happening, they're too old.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
VincentVanWinger
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by VincentVanWinger »

Anthrax442 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 am Sebastian has made statements like this before, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Basically, what he's said is that he now has his own management, to make sure that he's getting treated fairly in matters regarding the band. Under no circumstances is he going to come back as a hired gun that has no say in band business. So, that's what they have to figure out, to get his management to setup agreements with whoever is managing Skid Row these days.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel is still a dick and doesn't like him, but Snake and Scotti have been more ambivalent. Also, these guys aren't getting any younger, they've got exactly one shot left at having a big reunion payday. If they don't do it now, it's not happening, they're too old.

They were too old 10 years ago but this is still gonna work and make a ton of cash because people are stupid and will pay for anything. Motley is proof of that.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

"If" there is a reunion with Bach, will they get rid of the creepy midget drummer and get Affuso back as well?
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

It's probably nutso stuff like "I want 50% of the brand and retroactive songwriting royalties for all the songs where I suggested a different kind of vocal take."

That's why he's all "It's just business stuff in the way" and their story is always "We can't even stand texting the guy."
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Brainy Lane
Recording Debut Album

Post by Brainy Lane »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:20 am It's probably nutso stuff like "I want 50% of the brand and retroactive songwriting royalties for all the songs where I suggested a different kind of vocal take."

That's why he's all "It's just business stuff in the way" and their story is always "We can't even stand texting the guy."
Yep, 100% this!
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

Yes, the business of them not wanting him around. It happens often in bands and many other regular life situations. It is often a difficult endeavor to overcome.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Fuck a reunion!

I'd rather pay X euros to see Bach solo doing the same songs (plus his solo stuff) rather than pay 2x X euros to see him with the nose-chain gang.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

VincentVanWinger wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:12 am
Anthrax442 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 am Sebastian has made statements like this before, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Basically, what he's said is that he now has his own management, to make sure that he's getting treated fairly in matters regarding the band. Under no circumstances is he going to come back as a hired gun that has no say in band business. So, that's what they have to figure out, to get his management to setup agreements with whoever is managing Skid Row these days.

They were too old 10 years ago but this is still gonna work and make a ton of cash because people are stupid and will pay for anything. Motley is proof of that.

""""""""""""""""Motley is proof of that.""""""""""""""""""

But... Motley Crue has sold 10x the amount of records, has had 10x the amount of success, and will sell 10x the amount of tix that Skid Row will or can...

With or without Bach... = #facts

$tEvil
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

If Creed just reunited with Stapp after a long hiatus and addiction issues, the Skids reunion with Bach is more than possible. Sure Bas is a handful and Rachel can be prickly, but a lot of the info puppeted here on this board is 20+ years old and old hat. Obviously, Bach wants and has wanted back in the group for years. This is the last chance to actually behave. I feel his current tour/ run of his this Summer is a test run behavior-wise for management to review for a potential 2025 run opening for a major player. I’m in the now minority this will actually transpire.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

NO question now they are reuniting unless Bas F's it up
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Post by Rocker4Real »

"“Maybe after 9 replacements of me, maybe I don’t want to read about number 10. Maybe it bugs me. Does anybody think about that? How about me giving the best years of my life to make the brand name Skid Row and then 10 people act like it’s theirs. But it’s not. So, maybe I don’t want to read about it…Everybody have fun with the best years of my life, but I’m still making rock ‘n’ roll that can stand up to the best music I’ve ever made. So, that’s what I am concentrating on.” - Sebastian
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

sicktwistedfreak wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:32 am This right now is a hundred percent a business thing. And I found some shit out that's true. The only thing standing in our way is the business side of this. I can't give you all the details, but it's not about us not getting along. It's about us figuring out how to make this work on the business side.
Snake, Rachel and Scotti get 90% because they are SKID ROW and legally without them there is no SKID ROW.
Sebastian will be a hired gun along with the drummer who get to share the leftover 10% and will have no way in business affairs whatsoever. May not even be allowed to do interviews or press while under contract.

It may not be that extreme but something like that.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

ParaDime77 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:56 pm If Creed just reunited with Stapp after a long hiatus and addiction issues, the Skids reunion with Bach is more than possible. Sure Bas is a handful and Rachel can be prickly, but a lot of the info puppeted here on this board is 20+ years old and old hat. Obviously, Bach wants and has wanted back in the group for years. This is the last chance to actually behave. I feel his current tour/ run of his this Summer is a test run behavior-wise for management to review for a potential 2025 run opening for a major player. I’m in the now minority this will actually transpire.
Apples and oranges. Scott Stapp has matured and seems pretty centered now. Bas is still the same insufferable dick he's always been.