Riki Rachtman *was* Headbangers Ball

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: Riki Rachtman *was* Headbangers Ball

Post by MickeyG »

Hellsinkey wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:41 am
Love_Industry wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:25 am
MickeyG wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:24 pm

Kristiane Backer was the 1st Headbangers ball Europe presenter I remember. Preferred her to Warwick.
Backer was hotter and didn't focus so much on bands that were her friends... or had her husband in them.
If you just watched HBB Europe, you'd think The Almighty was on Guns/Mötley's level while in real life they were everyone's go-to opening band for a few years.
Vanessa was boring. There were a few memorable occasions in MTV Europe though. I remember Stevie Blame calling the actor Judge Reinhold a "dope fiend" in an interview. Ray Cokes had a show on MTV and he had a road show somewhere in Germany and the audience started throwing stuff at him. He gave them the finger and told the audience to fuck off. His show was shortly cancelled. :lol:
Did you guys get The Power Hour/Raw Power rock/metal tv show in the late 80's/90's? Preferred that to Headbangers ball. It was on Friday night at like 2/3am in the UK so everyone I knew taped it and watched it Saturday morning with their breakfast. UK sludgers on here should remember it. There must be clips on youtube.
Rocker4Real
Recording Your Demo

Post by Rocker4Real »

I saw a clip of Vanessa asking Phil Anselmo an uncomfortable question. He turned to her and asked, "Who are you?"
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:36 pm

Backer was hotter and didn't focus so much on bands that were her friends... or had her husband in them.
If you just watched HBB Europe, you'd think The Almighty was on Guns/Mötley's level while in real life they were everyone's go-to opening band for a few years.
Vanessa was boring. There were a few memorable occasions in MTV Europe though. I remember Stevie Blame calling the actor Judge Reinhold a "dope fiend" in an interview. Ray Cokes had a show on MTV and he had a road show somewhere in Germany and the audience started throwing stuff at him. He gave them the finger and told the audience to fuck off. His show was shortly cancelled. :lol:
Did you guys get The Power Hour/Raw Power rock/metal tv show in the late 80's/90's? Preferred that to Headbangers ball. It was on Friday night at like 2/3am in the UK so everyone I knew taped it and watched it Saturday morning with their breakfast. UK sludgers on here should remember it. There must be clips on youtube.
I used to watch Power Hour on Sky Channel, I think The Bailey Brothers were the hosts.
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

MickeyG wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:36 pm

Point being the show was popular no matter who hosted it or who was the best presenter. We got to see rock videos on TV!!!
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

Rocker4Real wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 pm I saw a clip of Vanessa asking Phil Anselmo an uncomfortable question. He turned to her and asked, "Who are you?"
Was it her who asked Anelmo if he is gay?